March Madness without the audience? NCAA faces pressure to protect players from coronavirus

On 3/3/2020 at 1:03 PM, topher805 said:

TEA is already prepping districts for the idea of shutting down for a couple of weeks...

but what is a couple weeks gonna do honestly? I had kinda half joked with some in our district about I wondered whether our higher up's would balk at doing that...when if you think of say little kids who touch all over each other, rub fluids over each other, on the teachers when hugging or hanging on their legs all day...disease would and will spread like wild fire...for generalization purposes: add in the poorer demographics, where it may not be as sanitary or nourished and again, it escalates dramatically...cold weather, people are sick and coughing & sneezing whatever out a mile onto everyone. 

the government/CDC actually I think shut down some Pennsylvania school INDEFINITELY  until this is under control in their area or little region. I actually think that would be what would have to happen to any town. not two weeks, but bang...out indefinitely until town has clean bill of health. so say Texarkana has issues...you can't just close T-High, you would have to look at closing PG, LE, and would make a little wider ring around Texarkana (Atlana/New Boston/Ashdown/Genoa/Fouke/etc)...I feel like you'd have to knock all that little area of schools because otherwise it's the same potential. 

like many of the communities are now saying now large gatherings over 1000, but soon that number is going to drop and that will effect many of our churches.

1 hour ago, bigdawg16 said:

Wish they would cancel the NBA season..

if there was a team in Seattle...or hey Chicago for the active teams is as close to a hot bed for Corona...

I wonder if Seattle or U of Washington has had a bid in to host early round of March Madness...I would take a hard pass on that contract even if there was a little bit of a financial hit for the NCAA to break a contract with a venue (at what they consider a late date) if I was the NCAA...

Ubering around that congested hot mess of unwashed, unshaven Northwesterners passing around that disease milling around the Pike Place coughing on each other...then going back to everyone's part of the country to spread the disease...oh my lord it's the updated version of Outbreak without a monkey bite.

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

but what is a couple weeks gonna do honestly? I had kinda half joked with some in our district about I wondered whether our higher up's would balk at doing that...when if you think of say little kids who touch all over each other, rub fluids over each, on the teachers, hugging up them all day...disease would, will spread like wild fire...add in poorer demographics where it may not be as sanitary or nourished and again, escalate some in general...cold weather, people are sick and coughing & sneezing whatever out a mile onto everyone. 

the government/CDC actually I think shut down some Pennsylvania school INDEFINITELY  until this is under control in their area or little region. I actually think that would be what would have to happen to any town. not two weeks, but bang...out indefinitely until town has clean bill of health. so say Texarkana has issues...you can't close T-High...I feel like you'd have to knock all that little area of schools because otherwise it's the same potential. 

This virus is said to thrive in colder temperatures.  Getting to the spring would be the start of it dying down.  Could also be the end of the world as we know it :rofl: