Coronavirus In East Texas

Stoney

I like the meme I saw yesterday on facebook about those of us who have ate at Pancho's are immune from the corona virus.  There's not one of those places in East Texas anymore to be inoculated, but I saw another from the same source that if you swim in the Sabine River your covered too.  I would assume Dommer is good to go, unless he's been eaten by one of them gators.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I like the meme I saw yesterday on facebook about those of us who have ate at Pancho's are immune from the corona virus.  There's not one of those places in East Texas anymore to be inoculated, but I saw another from the same source that if you swim in the Sabine River your covered too.  I would assume Dommer is good to go, unless he's been eaten by one of them gators.   

If Pancho’s equals immunity, then I’m covered. Raise the flag, raise your resistance. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If Pancho’s equals immunity, then I’m covered. Raise the flag, raise your resistance. Lol

I can attest that eating their will knock out the common cold or croup.  There's something about the green chile they use.  I know David Smoak used to say a bowl of the chicken tortilla soup at On the Border would do the same.  I tried it after hearing his advice, and that stuff works miracles as well. Some folks ask me what is the croup, maybe it's an old school term for an URI, but I still get it.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/croup/symptoms-causes/syc-20350348 .  

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

30 minutes in a hot steamy shower will break that 💩 up & you can cough it up and feel better; works for me.👌🤨

That and Vick's vapor rub, until the meth heads chose to use it for other purposes.  The same with monkey blood.   I realize that isopropyl  alcohol  and hydrogen peroxide can do the same things, but monkey blood cured many a scrape for me. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That and Vick's vapor rub, until the meth heads chose to use it for other purposes.  The same with monkey blood.   I realize that isopropyl  alcohol  and hydrogen peroxide can do the same things, but monkey blood cured many a scrape for me. 

My mom Always kept a bottle of “Monkey Blood” (Mercurochrome) on hand for cuts and scrapes, Methiolate, on the other hand, burned like 🔥💩😱

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Still can’t beat whiskey, lemon and honey. Even my front row Baptist Granny kept a small bottle for medicinal reasons in the winter.

My mom gave me a shot glass full of Cherry Brandy once when I had a terrible sore throat... I was about 14 & it was Awesome!👌😜

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

My mom gave me a shot glass full of Cherry Brandy once when I had a terrible sore throat... I was about 14 & it was Awesome!👌😜

Granny’s was more strychnine than whiskey. 😂

I will say the worst cure for a stomach virus and a cough was  paregoric, sugar, and Coca Cola.  You could buy that stuff over the counter at pharmacies until the 80's that I remember.  It's why I don't drink Coca Cola to this day, it was opium based among other nasty ingredients.  Another nasty home remedy that I was told  would clean my blood was those cow pill cream of tarter tablets that they used to make.    Pancho's on the other hand was a treat, and I will eat there as long as they are open, because I'm addicted to that food.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Granny had me looking like an injun painting me down with monkey blood  ....  gave me many a dose of castor oil too ... we ate a lot of prunes to boot ....

On 3/11/2020 at 8:21 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

Fireball, tea and honey is better than Robitussin  .....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Granny had me looking like an injun painting me down with monkey blood  ....  gave me many a dose of castor oil too ... we ate a lot of prunes to boot ....

Here's old footage of KirtFalcon getting oiled :  

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I remember watching that .... :rofl:

It used to be on KLTV 7 at 3:00 back in the 70's, and  KTBS 3 on Saturdays back in the 70's.  I loved those old shows.  When they released the VCR collection I had to buy it.  

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Hopefully this gets better. I am kinda surprised the lockdowns are not closer to East Tx. Limitations on restaurants isn’t going to cut it. The elderly are the ones who may have to worry.

I saw they closed the Longview and Broadway Square Mall.  

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

The drive thru isn’t really making a difference. The grocery stores will be where the crazies go.

They need to work on the drive thru at Whataburger.  You'd figure they would have it down to perfection like Chic fil a, but maybe it's the Chicago way of doing business.  Tuesday I did a lot of running around my area, buying the groceries I felt I needed to make it, applying for jobs, applying for unemployment which I was turned down, etc.. After all I had done I didn't feel like cooking so I decided to go there.  I pull up the car in front of me didn't order from the girl with the Ipad, and all I wanted was one Whataburger just the way it comes.  The people in front of me took a while to order, and it was only two people in the truck.  Finally they pull up.  They tell them to pull in to lane A, and I'm in lane B with two cars in front of me.  I'm sitting there for at least 8-10 minutes.  They come out and hand them a big bag of their food.  Then they serve the two cars in front of me.  Finally the girl comes out with my bag with one burger in it.  I told her never mind i t's probably cold now.  I know it normally takes 3-4 minutes to cook a burger.  They need to do better.  Take an order have you park in the parking lot similar to Sonic and bring it out.  

• Sad 1