An SDC BROKEN NEWS ALERT!!!! Wuhan Chinese Virus Alert........

RETIREDFAN1

I was going to make a separate thread for this, but since it's related to the Wuhan Virus I'll show it hear :  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/19/man-broke-into-closed-restaurant-and-spent-four-days-eating-and-drinking-police-say/24037091/  I think this guy would have given Andre the Giant a run for his money.  I can't imagine drinking that much liquor.  He's lucky he didn't die from alcohol poisoning.  

15 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I was going to make a separate thread for this, but since it's related to the Wuhan Virus I'll show it hear :  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/19/man-broke-into-closed-restaurant-and-spent-four-days-eating-and-drinking-police-say/24037091/  I think this guy would have given Andre the Giant a run for his money.  I can't imagine drinking that much liquor.  He's lucky he didn't die from alcohol poisoning.  

LOL!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

LOL!!!!!!

That's 17.5 bottles of liquor a day, and we're not talking pints or airline bottles.  Most restaurants carry 1.75 liter bottles or bigger.  I couldn't drink that much beer in a day if you bet me a million dollars, and I didn't have to put up any money.  Who knows how much the guy ate, and I bet he was eating the best things they had.  I can't believe it hasn't happened more frequently.  I know of many restaurants that are completely shuttered.  I was craving bbq bad yesterday.  I looked up online for places that might be open that are close by, and they are all closed.  I supposed they weren't doing enough business with takeout.  

Mark my words, there will be many places that won't be able to re open after even the reopening with a soft open that I've been informed we will be able to do in a few weeks.  I've been in the restaurant business for over 36 years, and it's not going to help.  I remember talking to Gerard Cace after I moved back to Tyler in 2007.  He said all it took was for one bad month for him to shut down Cace's in Tyler.  I ate there at least twice a month.  Think of all the other restaurants that have shut down since the ACA hurt them.  I can name 100's that were once in Texas.  I don't think that there will be a Casa Ole open in the Houston area after this is over.  This is where it started.  I can't say the same for Tyler and Longview.  We're desperate not only as workers, but think of the small business owners.   I'm talking about shops, boutiques, hair salons, barbershops, clothing stores, and other businesses that are shuttered while we wait.  Malls were already dying, and I'll think this will completely kill them.   Growing up in the 80's that was a weekly trip.  I can't think of a single week that I didn't go to the Mall in the 80's.  Now even the Longview and Broadway Square Mall are skeletons of themselves thanks to online shopping.   Malls killed downtown areas.  Maybe we didn't buy any thing, but at least we could window shop for entertainment.   

Today we had a gullywasher in Houston, and I would bet there was flooding, but nobody noticed.