NBA suspends season. How long before UIL follows?

ViewFromAfar

Honestly, I'm shocked it ever even started. You can agree or disagree with the need to cancel things, I'm not going to wade into that, but the "policy" that the UIL had announced this morning was CYA without the actual C. Either let everyone in and hold it as normal or cancel it. Kind of it doing it halfway isn't limiting your liability.

55 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

With weather warming up and those two being outside possibly no?

The NCAA just wiped out baseball softball and all other spring sports so guessing UIL not far behind. I have a friend who's daughter plays Lacrosse at Old Dominion U in VA and they just had a meeting earlier this afternoon telling them season is over.

At minimum, the UIL will halt all activities for the next few weeks, with an eye on a April 6 return. Baseball games missed won't be made up -- I could see softball doing double-headers to make sure everything gets played but it will end up coming down to each district on how to handle it

The other sports -- track, tennis, golf -- won't be largely affected for playoffs since the district competitions are in that first week after the 6th to stay in some sort of normal schedule.

I've been using 1918 as a benchmark for how we should be responding to many things.  The Spanish Influenza killed 50 million people world wide and 675,000 in the U.S..  At that time in History WW I was winding down, but the H1N1 virus was killing civilians. While some  sports events were cancelled because of the War they did not panic, because of the Spanish Flu.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_in_sports  

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html