UIL JUST SUSPENDED THE STATE TOURNAMENT AFTER THE 3A SESSION

maxjean

1 hour ago, maxjean said:

Sad man that's your response. 

I'm not a sheep being manipulated by a politically motivated propagandist media.....its infectious but flu kills a LOT more than this will......all this bs is pure over reaction being fed by propaganda.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm not a sheep being manipulated by a politically motivated propagandist media.....its infectious but flu kills a LOT more than this will......all this bs is pure over reaction being fed bypropaganda.....

Exactly correct...where was all the doomsday reactions when Obama and Biden did absolutely NOTHNG for FOUR MONTHS as over 1,000 people died and over 50,000 people contracted the Swine Flu????? The media is all in to ruin the incredible economy we have going...THATS the reason for the CKICKEN LITTLE reactions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

9 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Exactly correct...where was all the doomsday reactions when Obama and Biden did absolutely NOTHNG for FOUR MONTHS as over 1,000 people died and over 50,000 people contracted the Swine Flu????? The media is all in to ruin the incredible economy we have going...THATS the reason for the CKICKEN LITTLE reactions.

Not sure what this has to do with what we are going through. By all means though, let’s blame this on Obama too. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

If no one is allowed at sporting events, what makes anyone think people should be able to stand in long lines at polling stations?

IOW, if the contagion of the virus is still evident in the fall, there won't be an election. It would be a threat to public health.

There is not enough time to enact the state-by-state legislation to be able to implement mail-in balloting in all states. Only a handful of states conduct elections by mail at this point.

As a healthcare worker (Emergency room)…….

I totally understand why they are cancelling these events.  The risk/reward is too great.  All we would need is ONE player...coach....fan.... to get infected and die.... and people would be questioning why the even wasn't postponed or cancelled. 

It's lose/lose from the PR standpoint either way.  But from the healthcare standpoint.... it makes sense not possibly creating mass exposures. 

Cancelling will no doubt put less people at risk of exposure.

But I also can't deny that the media hasn't fanned the flames of hysteria.  The amount of misinformation out there is unreal.

I'm one of the biggest sports fans out there.  I'm gutted that March Madness won't be played.  Sad about MLB and NBA.  But I can't deny.....as a healthcare worker.... that cancelling/postponing is just the smartest and safest thing to do.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

So we're just going to act like we don't have a congress?

50 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

As a healthcare worker (Emergency room)…….

I totally understand why they are cancelling these events.  The risk/reward is too great.  All we would need is ONE player...coach....fan.... to get infected and die.... and people would be questioning why the even wasn't postponed or cancelled. 

It's lose/lose from the PR standpoint either way.  But from the healthcare standpoint.... it makes sense not possibly creating mass exposures. 

Cancelling will no doubt put less people at risk of exposure.

But I also can't deny that the media hasn't fanned the flames of hysteria.  The amount of misinformation out there is unreal.

I'm one of the biggest sports fans out there.  I'm gutted that March Madness won't be played.  Sad about MLB and NBA.  But I can't deny.....as a healthcare worker.... that cancelling/postponing is just the smartest and safest thing to do.

finally someone not trying to spin politics into this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s funny how they’re besties now. Dubya and Michelle are pretty touchy feely too. They’re two pigs that eat from the same trough. Trump is hated by the Democrats and hated even more by establishment Republicans. That’s why I like him so much. Hope people wise up and get out to vote him in for another 4 years. Funny how they all questioned his mental state and then put a guy suffering from signs of dementia on their ticket. Sickening. 

so what are you going to say when Trump and Hilary are friends again after he's out of office?  Politics is a show.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Whistling past the graveyard is the phrase that comes to mind. Seriously, just follow the money. Do you really think major-league baseball the NCAA tournament, NBA basketball would all give up millions of dollars in revenue over an overreaction to this virus? You think they’re stupid? Follow the money.

Mav is absolutely correct. I have read all of the statistics and all the math involved with how this thing spreads. You can say oh it’s just the flu but tell that to the 70 year old with CPD who gets it. Risk / reward can’t even be calculated. 
Are people overreacting? Of course, that’s human nature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

amazes me how people can actually claim this is political--Use just  a little common sense--The entire worlds economy is going to hell. Italy has shut their entire country down. No school, no colleges, no business, and everybody in lockdown. And you believe they are doing this to change our election. That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Nobody in Italy gives a rats …. who wins our election

Are we over reacting?  Yes!! Wild panic as people get in fist fights in Walmart over toilet paper, media causing a lot of the panic but to think the Democrats, the media or anybody else has created a worldwide panic is ridiculous --Too many of you have some kind of God complex with Trump if you think he is that important to anybody in other countries--They really don't care

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

Most definitely over reaction.  And the media is absolutely to blame for some of this hysteria.  People have lost their minds.

But a simple understanding of virology, transmission, and the unknown of how long, how many, and how severe this thing can go makes these cancellations and postponements the only choice.

All it would take is ONE death of a high school student for it to be rendered a bad decision to play on.  No school wants that on their hands. No team.  No sport.  The UIL most definitely not.

Sure.... MOST people will recover quickly with little more than an inconvenience.  Unfortunately......there is absolutely no way of predicting which HEALTHY patients could be that tiny percent that die.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1