UIL JUST SUSPENDED THE STATE TOURNAMENT AFTER THE 3A SESSION

maxjean

19 hours ago, darktower said:

amazes me how people can actually claim this is political--Use just  a little common sense--The entire worlds economy is going to hell. Italy has shut their entire country down. No school, no colleges, no business, and everybody in lockdown. And you believe they are doing this to change our election. That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Nobody in Italy gives a rats …. who wins our election

Are we over reacting?  Yes!! Wild panic as people get in fist fights in Walmart over toilet paper, media causing a lot of the panic but to think the Democrats, the media or anybody else has created a worldwide panic is ridiculous --Too many of you have some kind of God complex with Trump if you think he is that important to anybody in other countries--They really don't care

Other countries do care who our president is.  What that has to do with this virus is beyond any logical comprehension.  If people are looking for Americans to be the poster child on how we should treat anything, they should look at how much of a jackass most of our citizens have looked Like when it comes to anything that can be remotely linked to politics since the 2016 elections.  

Also as an athletic trainer who’s sole purpose in the school district is to provide the best medical care within my scope of practice, I am of the mold of “rather safe than sorry.”  We’ve treated MRSA and Impetigo outbreaks in the school where common sense tells you to shut it down for a couple of days and clean.  Parents lose their minds for missing 3 days... But, in the end, it fixed the problem.  

If shutting down life for a few weeks is a fix back to normalcy for the world, then hell yeah, pay me to spend more time with my own kids. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2020 at 7:37 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Shouldn’t blame Obama, but it sure as hell isn’t Trumps fault as well. 

Here's an interesting point. 

The nations that the media is telling us have been hardest hit by Coronavirus - Italy, China, France, Iran - have all experienced anti-government movements in the last year. 

...Probably just a coincidence, I'm sure 

On 3/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Other countries do care who our president is.  What that has to do with this virus is beyond any logical comprehension.  If people are looking for Americans to be the poster child on how we should treat anything, they should look at how much of a jackass most of our citizens have looked Like when it comes to anything that can be remotely linked to politics since the 2016 elections.  

Also as an athletic trainer who’s sole purpose in the school district is to provide the best medical care within my scope of practice, I am of the mold of “rather safe than sorry.”  We’ve treated MRSA and Impetigo outbreaks in the school where common sense tells you to shut it down for a couple of days and clean.  Parents lose their minds for missing 3 days... But, in the end, it fixed the problem.  

If shutting down life for a few weeks is a fix back to normalcy for the world, then hell yeah, pay me to spend more time with my own kids. 

I don't think most businesses that shut down are going to pay their employees.  When I got home from work this afternoon, the news was reporting all night clubs, bars, entertainment centers, and gyms will be closed in Dallas.  I'd bet that those employees aren't going to be paid for not working.  This morning I heard the CDC recommended all restaurants close for the next eight weeks.  If that is your only source of income then I doubt you are going to survive two months without pay. Even if it isn't, I'd bet it will create a financial strain on many people.  This outbreak is a lose/lose situation regardless of what action is taken.

10 minutes ago, HGWar6 said:

I don't think most businesses that shut down are going to pay their employees.  When I got home from work this afternoon, the news was reporting all night clubs, bars, entertainment centers, and gyms will be closed in Dallas.  I'd bet that those employees aren't going to be paid for not working.  This morning I heard the CDC recommended all restaurants close for the next eight weeks.  If that is your only source of income then I doubt you are going to survive two months without pay. Even if it isn't, I'd bet it will create a financial strain on many people.  This outbreak is a lose/lose situation regardless of what action is taken.

I was talking about me, being a school teacher/athletic trainer, and that only.  This overreaction to everything is a drain on the entire economy.  Look at the stock markets...  if you invested in anything other than groceries, butt wiping paper, or Purell, then your retirement/investments are screwed.  I was looking today... something like 40 people in our entire state have been infected... we are freaking out for the less than 1%.  Quarantine them, then let us live our lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was talking about me, being a school teacher/athletic trainer, and that only.  This overreaction to everything is a drain on the entire economy.  Look at the stock markets...  if you invested in anything other than groceries, butt wiping paper, or Purell, then your retirement/investments are screwed.  I was looking today... something like 40 people in our entire state have been infected... we are freaking out for the less than 1%.  Quarantine them, then let us live our lives.

Gotcha now.  Dallas mayor announced during the news conference the city council would be meet to discuss mitigation measures for those affected today.  How will you accomplish this?  This wasn't something anyone planned for.  You have no money at any level of government - local, state, or federal to compensate those who've lost income.  There is no reason for stores to be out of items when you can put everyone infected on one bus out of a state population of almost 30 million.  My opinion, and mine only, is we as a society have come to expect the world to be risk free.  When something comes along, we panic and overreact.                                         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HGWar6 said:

Gotcha now.  Dallas mayor announced during the news conference the city council would be meet to discuss mitigation measures for those affected today.  How will you accomplish this?  This wasn't something anyone planned for.  You have no money at any level of government - local, state, or federal to compensate those who've lost income.  There is no reason for stores to be out of items when you can put everyone infected on one bus out of a state population of almost 30 million.  My opinion, and mine only, is we as a society have come to expect the world to be risk free.  When something comes along, we panic and overreact.                                         

I had to do a News interview on what I was doing to prevent the H1N1 virus in our schools...  it’s literally the same thing every time.  Reduce exposure.  Wash your hands.  Someone is sick, stay home.  Why does it have to be a new virus every time to remind us to do what we should do every day?  

most people don’t work in healthcare, so they miss how deadly and nasty the flu etc is until they get it themselves.  

Some of you guys can't be that dense -- the reason there aren't a high number of documented cases is because there hasn't been a large number of tests done.

If you have 30 million people and test 100 and 3 of them have it, it doesn't mean the 29,999,900 don't have it. And you can test 15 million people and 500,000 can have it, it doesn't mean the other 15 million are in the clear

The first case they knew of was March 4. In a week that number went to 21. Since that time, five days, the number is up to 57. You know how many people they had tested, in the state, as of Monday? 200 of out that 30 million. That's a 28.5 infected rate for the ones they know about. Keep that up and it means 8.5 million people get it. Cut it in half and that's still 4.25 million.

• Thanks 1

It is completely asinine to think that US hospitals can’t be overwhelmed.  not saying they WILL.... but it’s not impossible. 

The hospital I work for has 30... maybe 40 ventilators.  What happens when the 41st patient in respiratory failure rolls in?  

Supplies and equipment aren’t infinite. 

Im not an alarmist at all.  I’ve been guilty of taking this lighter than I should (2 decades in healthcare does that to you).  But to think it’s impossible for us to end up in a complete crisis is shortsighted and dangerous. 

People need to turn off the CNN and the Fox News who are guilty for inciting panic and creating a collective malaise respectively.  

Both are disgusting and dangerous.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I had to do a News interview on what I was doing to prevent the H1N1 virus in our schools...  it’s literally the same thing every time.  Reduce exposure.  Wash your hands.  Someone is sick, stay home.  Why does it have to be a new virus every time to remind us to do what we should do every day?  

most people don’t work in healthcare, so they miss how deadly and nasty the flu etc is until they get it themselves.  

How long do you think before you think a vaccine will be available?  I read an article Tuesday that said one likely wouldn't be ready for another 18 months.  Even that time frame was considered extremely fast and if testing went without any issues.  Society has become stupid.  As you said, we have to relearn this lesson every year.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, Mavchamp said:

It is completely asinine to think that US hospitals can’t be overwhelmed.  not saying they WILL.... but it’s not impossible. 

The hospital I work for has 30... maybe 40 ventilators.  What happens when the 41st patient in respiratory failure rolls in?  

Supplies and equipment aren’t infinite. 

Im not an alarmist at all.  I’ve been guilty of taking this lighter than I should (2 decades in healthcare does that to you).  But to think it’s impossible for us to end up in a complete crisis is shortsighted and dangerous. 

People need to turn off the CNN and the Fox News who are guilty for inciting panic and creating a collective malaise respectively.  

Both are disgusting and dangerous.  

I can't imagine how we'd react as a species/society if this were to reach the levels of the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic.

9 hours ago, HGWar6 said:

How long do you think before you think a vaccine will be available?  I read an article Tuesday that said one likely wouldn't be ready for another 18 months.  Even that time frame was considered extremely fast and if testing went without any issues.  Society has become stupid.  As you said, we have to relearn this lesson every year.

I’ve read several things that they are already testing a couple of options on humans.  So they may end up pushing something out before we fully understand the side effects just to stop it if it gets out of control.

39 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I’ve read several things that they are already testing a couple of options on humans.  So they may end up pushing something out before we fully understand the side effects just to stop it if it gets out of control.

Are you referring to the Malaria and HIV medications?

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Are you referring to the Malaria and HIV medications?

And blood from a previously infected person who has fully recovered. And the protein blockers etc... there are so many things they are looking at right now.  I can't keep up.

24 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

And blood from a previously infected person who has fully recovered. And the protein blockers etc... there are so many things they are looking at right now.  I can't keep up.

The article I read seemed pretty promising. I guess we’ll see. In the mean time, I’ll trust God to provide and protect. 

• Like 2