The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maxjean

UIL JUST SUSPENDED THE STATE TOURNAMENT AFTER THE 3A SESSION

17 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Since practice is up to the districts are scrimmages allowed? Practice meets?

As far as the scrimmages go I wouldn't think so. 

Whistling past the graveyard is the phrase that comes to mind. Seriously, just follow the money. Do you really think major-league baseball the NCAA tournament, NBA basketball would all give up millions of dollars in revenue over an overreaction to this virus? You think they’re stupid? Follow the money.

Mav is absolutely correct. I have read all of the statistics and all the math involved with how this thing spreads. You can say oh it’s just the flu but tell that to the 70 year old with CPD who gets it. Risk / reward can’t even be calculated. 
Are people overreacting? Of course, that’s human nature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

amazes me how people can actually claim this is political--Use just  a little common sense--The entire worlds economy is going to hell. Italy has shut their entire country down. No school, no colleges, no business, and everybody in lockdown. And you believe they are doing this to change our election. That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Nobody in Italy gives a rats …. who wins our election

Are we over reacting?  Yes!! Wild panic as people get in fist fights in Walmart over toilet paper, media causing a lot of the panic but to think the Democrats, the media or anybody else has created a worldwide panic is ridiculous --Too many of you have some kind of God complex with Trump if you think he is that important to anybody in other countries--They really don't care

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

Most definitely over reaction.  And the media is absolutely to blame for some of this hysteria.  People have lost their minds.

But a simple understanding of virology, transmission, and the unknown of how long, how many, and how severe this thing can go makes these cancellations and postponements the only choice.

All it would take is ONE death of a high school student for it to be rendered a bad decision to play on.  No school wants that on their hands. No team.  No sport.  The UIL most definitely not.

Sure.... MOST people will recover quickly with little more than an inconvenience.  Unfortunately......there is absolutely no way of predicting which HEALTHY patients could be that tiny percent that die.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, darktower said:

amazes me how people can actually claim this is political--Use just  a little common sense--The entire worlds economy is going to hell. Italy has shut their entire country down. No school, no colleges, no business, and everybody in lockdown. And you believe they are doing this to change our election. That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Nobody in Italy gives a rats …. who wins our election

Are we over reacting?  Yes!! Wild panic as people get in fist fights in Walmart over toilet paper, media causing a lot of the panic but to think the Democrats, the media or anybody else has created a worldwide panic is ridiculous --Too many of you have some kind of God complex with Trump if you think he is that important to anybody in other countries--They really don't care

Other countries do care who our president is.  What that has to do with this virus is beyond any logical comprehension.  If people are looking for Americans to be the poster child on how we should treat anything, they should look at how much of a jackass most of our citizens have looked Like when it comes to anything that can be remotely linked to politics since the 2016 elections.  

Also as an athletic trainer who’s sole purpose in the school district is to provide the best medical care within my scope of practice, I am of the mold of “rather safe than sorry.”  We’ve treated MRSA and Impetigo outbreaks in the school where common sense tells you to shut it down for a couple of days and clean.  Parents lose their minds for missing 3 days... But, in the end, it fixed the problem.  

If shutting down life for a few weeks is a fix back to normalcy for the world, then hell yeah, pay me to spend more time with my own kids. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, Matt said:

Whistling past the graveyard is the phrase that comes to mind. Seriously, just follow the money. Do you really think major-league baseball the NCAA tournament, NBA basketball would all give up millions of dollars in revenue over an overreaction to this virus? You think they’re stupid? Follow the money.

Mav is absolutely correct. I have read all of the statistics and all the math involved with how this thing spreads. You can say oh it’s just the flu but tell that to the 70 year old with CPD who gets it. Risk / reward can’t even be calculated. 
Are people overreacting? Of course, that’s human nature. 

Italy has made the decision to deny intensive care of patients 80 years and older.  

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Italy has made the decision to deny intensive care of patients 80 years and older.  

Unbelievable. Wow. 

4 hours ago, Greezychef said:

They won’t get organ transplants either....

10 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Because they are out of supplies and ICU respirators. The same will happen in the US and globally...

4 hours ago, CreateMyAccount said:

Because they are out of supplies and ICU respirators. The same will happen in the US and globally...

Chicken-Little-on-CNN.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 7:37 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Shouldn’t blame Obama, but it sure as hell isn’t Trumps fault as well. 

Here's an interesting point. 

The nations that the media is telling us have been hardest hit by Coronavirus - Italy, China, France, Iran - have all experienced anti-government movements in the last year. 

...Probably just a coincidence, I'm sure 

18 hours ago, Matt said:

Unbelievable. Wow. 

1584295459969m.jpg

1 minute ago, Greezychef said:

1584216137369.jpg

Well....nobody seems to be listening......:rofl:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Well....nobody seems to be listening......:rofl:

1584381294031.jpg

Just walk away...

• Haha 1

Just now, Greezychef said:

1584381294031.jpg

Just walk away...

:rofl:

1584383033971.jpg

I'm sure the very fine people of Philadelphia will handle this well.  City of brotherly love.  

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

1584383033971.jpg

I'm sure the very fine people of Philadelphia will handle this well.  City of brotherly love.  

Just the tip of the iceberg. Will be the majority of states before long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

Just the tip of the iceberg. Will be the majority of states before long.

7/7/2020.  

Gonna be lit.  

On 3/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Other countries do care who our president is.  What that has to do with this virus is beyond any logical comprehension.  If people are looking for Americans to be the poster child on how we should treat anything, they should look at how much of a jackass most of our citizens have looked Like when it comes to anything that can be remotely linked to politics since the 2016 elections.  

Also as an athletic trainer who’s sole purpose in the school district is to provide the best medical care within my scope of practice, I am of the mold of “rather safe than sorry.”  We’ve treated MRSA and Impetigo outbreaks in the school where common sense tells you to shut it down for a couple of days and clean.  Parents lose their minds for missing 3 days... But, in the end, it fixed the problem.  

If shutting down life for a few weeks is a fix back to normalcy for the world, then hell yeah, pay me to spend more time with my own kids. 

I don't think most businesses that shut down are going to pay their employees.  When I got home from work this afternoon, the news was reporting all night clubs, bars, entertainment centers, and gyms will be closed in Dallas.  I'd bet that those employees aren't going to be paid for not working.  This morning I heard the CDC recommended all restaurants close for the next eight weeks.  If that is your only source of income then I doubt you are going to survive two months without pay. Even if it isn't, I'd bet it will create a financial strain on many people.  This outbreak is a lose/lose situation regardless of what action is taken.

10 minutes ago, HGWar6 said:

I don't think most businesses that shut down are going to pay their employees.  When I got home from work this afternoon, the news was reporting all night clubs, bars, entertainment centers, and gyms will be closed in Dallas.  I'd bet that those employees aren't going to be paid for not working.  This morning I heard the CDC recommended all restaurants close for the next eight weeks.  If that is your only source of income then I doubt you are going to survive two months without pay. Even if it isn't, I'd bet it will create a financial strain on many people.  This outbreak is a lose/lose situation regardless of what action is taken.

I was talking about me, being a school teacher/athletic trainer, and that only.  This overreaction to everything is a drain on the entire economy.  Look at the stock markets...  if you invested in anything other than groceries, butt wiping paper, or Purell, then your retirement/investments are screwed.  I was looking today... something like 40 people in our entire state have been infected... we are freaking out for the less than 1%.  Quarantine them, then let us live our lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was talking about me, being a school teacher/athletic trainer, and that only.  This overreaction to everything is a drain on the entire economy.  Look at the stock markets...  if you invested in anything other than groceries, butt wiping paper, or Purell, then your retirement/investments are screwed.  I was looking today... something like 40 people in our entire state have been infected... we are freaking out for the less than 1%.  Quarantine them, then let us live our lives.

Gotcha now.  Dallas mayor announced during the news conference the city council would be meet to discuss mitigation measures for those affected today.  How will you accomplish this?  This wasn't something anyone planned for.  You have no money at any level of government - local, state, or federal to compensate those who've lost income.  There is no reason for stores to be out of items when you can put everyone infected on one bus out of a state population of almost 30 million.  My opinion, and mine only, is we as a society have come to expect the world to be risk free.  When something comes along, we panic and overreact.                                         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1