Asking for a Friend

bordertown

I will say this much, it has made sports talk radio a terrible drive to work miserable.  On my way to work, and back they talked about "it", Tom Brady's contract, and Mexican League soccer that is still in action.  It don't care about hearing the first two anymore, and I certainly don't want to know about the various sports leagues across the world that are still in action.  

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

Only thing worse is late night television. Watched Jimmy Fallon do a monologue before an empty studio and it was painful. Friday was a rerun and understand all late night is reruns for next two weeks.

Most late night tv has been garbage since Leno retired. 

• Like 3

On 3/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I will say this much, it has made sports talk radio a terrible drive to work miserable.  On my way to work, and back they talked about "it", Tom Brady's contract, and Mexican League soccer that is still in action.  It don't care about hearing the first two anymore, and I certainly don't want to know about the various sports leagues across the world that are still in action.  

sports talk shows made my drive miserable way before this chinese flu

I've been reading and sleeping a lot.  I heard that some sports betting sites are letting people vote on the weather of all things.  Such as over unders on rain and the high and low temperatures of various cities.  I suppose they're getting desperate too since there's nothing to bet on.  

21 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

sports talk shows made my drive miserable way before this chinese flu

You must not listen to several of the shows I listen to.  Odd thing is, I never listened to Sports Talk radio until David came on the scene back in the day.  Since then, I've been hooked on them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's about all they're doing.  Today's topic was "Was Michael Jordan's dad killed over gambling debts".  No kidding.  

And not to be insensitive, but who cares about that now?  At least run a 30 for 30 marathon.  Or better yet some old school lumberjack competitions and strong man contest.    

2 hours ago, MUSTANGMANIA said:

And not to be insensitive, but who cares about that now?  At least run a 30 for 30 marathon.  Or better yet some old school lumberjack competitions and strong man contest.    

Exactly no one cares about it, but that's all they have to talk about other than the Wuhan Virus.  I've been tired of talking about that for a week now.  I just wish we'd get this under control so life can get back to normal, but will it ever be again ?