Players approved new CBA

7 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Terms don't seem very player friendly from what I have briefly seenĀ this morning.Ā 

Seen some folks talking about how it was pretty much voted based on status. Superstars voted no, average players yes.Ā 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Seen some folks talking about how it was pretty much voted based on status. Superstars voted no, average players yes.Ā 

I think there is far too much disparity in player compensation from top to bottomĀ  ... the new agreement I think addresses that somewhat, but not near enough ... in my opinionĀ  ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

It was a very close vote. 51-49 percentage. Im surprised they voted for it.Ā 

I wasn't. Ā There are more players on the lower tier of pay than in the upper tier. Ā They want their piece of the pie. Ā I don't know if I'll like the new format of a 17 game season and expanded playoffs, but I will enjoy less Ā preseason games and an earlier start. Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think there is far too much disparity in player compensation from top to bottomĀ  ... the new agreement I think addresses that somewhat, but not near enough ... in my opinionĀ  ....

Bernie is that you ? Ā The stars of the NFL deserve their pay. Ā They are the one's that put the fans in seats and watching television. Ā I would agree if you said quarterbacks. Ā I realize they are the cogs on offense, but think about this even backups make more than even some star players at other positions. Ā I'm just going to look at QB, RB, and WR to keep my research short.

Alex Smith did lose his job to injury, but he will make $23.5 million. Ā Cam Newton the same at $20.76. Ā Nick Foles Ā $22, Andy Dalton $16, and Teddy Bridgewater at $7.25

I realize Christian McCaffrey is still in his rookie contract but he will only make $4.31 million next year, and he was an All Pro at two positions which is virtually the same. Ā Todd Gurley didn't even hit 1000 yards and he made $14.375 million. Ā Le'Veon Bell 789 Ā yards $13.125, and David Johnson 345 yards rushing and $13 million. Ā 

Julio Jones and Michael Thomas are the top two highest paid Wide Receivers. Ā They are also the top two in pay. Ā Well earned I would say. Ā Chris Godwin was third in receiving yards, but he'll be paid since he's a third year player. Ā DeVante Parker was 4th, but only makes $7.25 million Ā he's #33 in WR pay rankings. Ā 

In the NFL if you're a star you will be paid if not you haven't earned your keep, but their salaries are adequate in my opinion. Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Bernie is that you ? Ā The stars of the NFL deserve their pay. Ā They are the one's that put the fans in seats and watching television. Ā I would agree if you said quarterbacks. Ā I realize they are the cogs on offense, but think about this even backups make more than even some star players at other positions. Ā I'm just going to look at QB, RB, and WR to keep my research short.

Alex Smith did lose his job to injury, but he will make $23.5 million. Ā Cam Newton the same at $20.76. Ā Nick Foles Ā $22, Andy Dalton $16, and Teddy Bridgewater at $7.25

I realize Christian McCaffrey is still in his rookie contract but he will only make $4.31 million next year, and he was an All Pro at two positions which is virtually the same. Ā Todd Gurley didn't even hit 1000 yards and he made $14.375 million. Ā Le'Veon Bell 789 Ā yards $13.125, and David Johnson 345 yards rushing and $13 million. Ā 

Julio Jones and Michael Thomas are the top two highest paid Wide Receivers. Ā They are also the top two in pay. Ā Well earned I would say. Ā Chris Godwin was third in receiving yards, but he'll be paid since he's a third year player. Ā DeVante Parker was 4th, but only makes $7.25 million Ā he's #33 in WR pay rankings. Ā 

In the NFL if you're a star you will be paid if not you haven't earned your keep, but their salaries are adequate in my opinion. Ā 

Ā 

The rank and file players in the trenches make those "stars" look good and put up those numbers.Ā  There wouldn'tĀ  be any highlight reel playes without the boys in the trenches. With few exceptions, they don't make anywhere near what they are worth in comparison to the stars.Ā  I'm not saying an offensive guard should be paid $30 million a year, or on the same scale as top quarterbacks, but I do believe many are way underpaid in comparison to the starĀ position players you see on the highlight reels .... I do believe the disparity is something that needs to be fixed ....

Saw a part of the new CBA is teams will be able to pay to keep two veteransĀ while not counting their full cap hit against that yearā€™s cap. Say Dallas wanted to keep Dak and Amari. Dakā€™s salary for 2020 is $6.25mĀ and Amariā€™s is $6.25m. Dakā€™s salary would only count as $5m same as Amariā€™s with the new $1.25m exception.Ā 

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The rank and file players in the trenches make those "stars" look good and put up those numbers.Ā  There wouldn'tĀ  be any highlight reel playes without the boys in the trenches. With few exceptions, they don't make anywhere near what they are worth in comparison to the stars.Ā  I'm not saying an offensive guard should be paid $30 million a year, or on the same scale as top quarterbacks, but I do believe many are way underpaid in comparison to the starĀ position players you see on the highlight reels .... I do believe the disparity is something that needs to be fixed ....

I don't. Ā Even when you take into account the O-line. Ā Or even the defensive line. Ā Let's go back in time. Ā Do you remember this player ?Ā  He made two famous plays for the Cowboys. Ā He was given a lucrative contract by the Rams for those. Ā He never was a star, but he was paid well for those plays. Ā  He never made a Pro Bowl, didn't make the all rookie team, and wasn't a Lombardi trophy winner. Ā 

Ā To throw you off a bit, it's not this man either : Ā 

Ā 

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't. Ā Even when you take into account the O-line. Ā Or even the defensive line. Ā Let's go back in time. Ā Do you remember this player ?Ā  He made two famous plays for the Cowboys. Ā He was given a lucrative contract by the Rams for those. Ā He never was a star, but he was paid well for those plays. Ā  He never made a Pro Bowl, didn't make the all rookie team, and wasn't a Lombardi trophy winner. Ā 

Ā To throw you off a bit, it's not this man either : Ā 

Ā 

I don't care whether anyone knows or remembers their name.Ā  That's exactly my point.Ā  Those "stars" wouldn't be making those big plays without these underpaid no name players.Ā  Your argument only bolsters my case.Ā  There is far too much disparity in their compensation according to their team contributions to success ... even Mahomes can't complete many passes from his backsideĀ  ....

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't care whether anyone knows or remembers their name.Ā  That's exactly my point.Ā  Those "stars" wouldn't be making those big plays without these underpaid no name players.Ā  Your argument only bolsters my case.Ā  There is far too much disparity in their compensation according to their team contributions to success ... even Mahomes can't complete many passes from his backsideĀ  ....

Those players are paid or they eventually get paid some better than others. Ā I can think of two others off the 90's Super Bowl teams that left for high paying contracts, and didn't live up to their billing. Ā One was Kenny "The Shark" Gant a great special teams player who was signed by Tampa Bay to be a corner, but he was too small except to be a special teams wrecking ball as Bill Bates had been. Ā Another was Alvin Harper who was a perfect number 2 WR opposite Michael Irvin who also went to Tampa Bay, but never had the early success that he did. Ā 

The one I was bringing up was Jimmie Jones who along with Robert Jones left to play for the St. Louis Rams. Ā Jimmie was best known for blocking the field goal against the Miami Dolphins in the Thanksgiving sleet game that Leon Lett messed up, and this : Ā 

. Ā Ā