Tom Brady Leaving The Pats

I think he's making a huge mistake.  I know he's taken a lot of pay cuts to keep the Patriots in contention, but I don't think anyone is going to pay him big money.  I see him ending his career like Johnny Unitas did with the Chargers, Joe Montana did with the Chiefs, and Brett Favre with the Vikings.  I would like to see  what team picks him up, and for how much.   

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

As long as they fit the system around him, they have the receivers that can help his aging arm as well as a decent defense to maybe make the playoffs as Favre and Montana did with the last teams they played for.  I still like the Bucs old uniforms vs. the one's they have now.  He can wear #12 there, but I still think Doug Williams should have had his jersey retired by the Buccaneers.  Only Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, and Lee Roy Selman have their jerseys retired.  

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

He Should lead the bucs to the playoffs. Tampa has a decent offensive core . The defense needs work and could use RB/Oline help. Draft lineman and sign FA RB . The Division is up for grabs . Saints are getting older, Carolina in a rebuild and Atlanta is pretty bad. 

They could add Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley, but they probably both want big $$$, and they're not worth it with their track records.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

They could add Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley, but they probably both want big $$$, and they're not worth it with their track records.  

Gordon messed up not taking the Chargers deal last year. Chargers were willing to offer $10m a year. He turned it down expecting a huge pay day in 2020. It’s not there. His backup, Ekeler, signed a 4yr/$24.5m deal to take over as the starter. The Rams just cut Gurley and his awful contract. They are taking a $25.65m dead cap hit this year by cutting him. You don’t pay running backs in today’s NFL. Zeke Elliott will probably be the last one to get a huge payday unless Gettleman and the Giants are stupid enough to pay Barkley. Look at the two Super Bowl teams this year. Running back committees who rode the hot hand. With the rising cost of QBs and the modern day passing game, that money is better spent elsewhere than a RB. I wouldn’t be shocked if Gordon and Gurley sign a one year deal for a low base salary ($5-8m) with a ton of incentives and try to cash in next year.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, bigdawg16 said:

Other than winning without Bellicheck there is nothing left for this guy to prove. Just retire 

I thought he should have after the winning his last, but he wants to set more records. 

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Depending on your opinion of Wes Welker, Evans and Godwin will be the best WR duo that Brady has had his whole career.

If OJ Howard is going to be anything in this league the here’s his shot. Brady has always utilized the TE. I’m not sure who the slot receiver is for TB. I think it’s safe to say the kid won’t have zero targets in games this year.

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Depending on your opinion of Wes Welker, Evans and Godwin will be the best WR duo that Brady has had his whole career.

You left out Randy Moss who helped in their undefeated season only to be beaten by the Giants.  

• 4 weeks later...

Things got more interesting for Tampa Bay :  https://www.wcvb.com/article/rob-gronkowski-trade-from-new-england-patriots-to-buccaneers/32227269  .  I have a feeling Gronk will play, and according to this article he passed his physical with flying colors.  Brady has the weapons to work with.  If the Buccaneers defense steps up, I think they have a shot.  

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I hearing that Edeleman might join them: https://www.12up.com/posts/potential-buccaneers-patriots-julian-edelman-trade-cameron-brate-01e6fjmbwqx2

Looks like Brady's trying to get the band back together. All he needs now is for Moss to come outta retirement.   :D 

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even need Edelman...Evans, Goodwin, Gronk, Jones, Howard, Brate, and Percy Harvin also mentioning a run with the Bucs. Best assortment of weapons Brady has had in a long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topher805 said:

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even need Edelman...Evans, Goodwin, Gronk, Jones, Howard, Brate, and Percy Harvin also mentioning a run with the Bucs. Best assortment of weapons Brady has had in a long time.

I agree, and if he doesn't have great stats this year then he is done, and needs to hang up his cleats.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1