The Smoakhouse Forums

What’s up at Diana

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is true, yes they did.  The truth about this situation will come out eventually. 

Congrats to the guy that never heard of ND.    I’d actually never heard of Diana

I mean let’s just be real. Creating/maintaining a quality football program demands a commitment to weight room that basketball and baseball does not. That demand occurs during the seasons of thos

Posted Images

With the turmoil about school closings, seems like in house hire would be best, if there are any staying that would be qualified. Almost sounds like a self imposed "drain the swamp" by the current staff.😊

15 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This staff got staff of year in district. Were they forced out?

This is true, yes they did. 

The truth about this situation will come out eventually. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dawgman said:

Saw soccer is coming to ND

Had it this year. They played mainly JV teams from what I was told. 

17 hours ago, Trump2020 said:

What's word on this gig?

After interviews last week. I was told 2 names were sent to Superintendent. Not sure of names lol. But heard one was not a HC now but did have family coaching at college level. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, Eagleborn said:

Hard to be successful at a baseball school. 

It's not hard if you can get baseball players to participate in football.  We, as most school do, have a 2 sport policy to be in the athletics class period.  If you can get that, you can win in Diana.  They have some country fed boys out there, they should be at least a competitive team in football every few years if they could get their athletes to play football.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Valhalla said:

Lol

Just another sport at Diana for kids to “specialize” in.

Soccer at 3A... wouldn't they have to participate at the 4A level?  Trust me, East Texas schools don't want any part of that. 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Soccer at 3A... wouldn't they have to participate at the 4A level?  Trust me, East Texas schools don't want any part of that. 

I would think so. I know some smaller schools in the area have soccer like Waskom.

Just now, Valhalla said:

I would think so. I know some smaller schools in the area have soccer like Waskom.

Soccer won’t excel in ETX until there are good local club teams.  Someone should get with all of the school in ETX that have soccer and organize town based club teams and start their own league.  

as much as we like to put down “year round sports,” soccer is one of those sports that you want your players to specialize in.  

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Soccer won’t excel in ETX until there are good local club teams.  Someone should get with all of the school in ETX that have soccer and organize town based club teams and start their own league.  

as much as we like to put down “year round sports,” soccer is one of those sports that you want your players to specialize in.  

Yeah,  no thanks lol. I don’t need soccer in my life.

I want my small school’s 50-60 male athletes to focus on football. 

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah,  no thanks lol. I don’t need soccer in my life.

I want my small school’s 50-60 male athletes to focus on football. 

we have 3 kids that play soccer and football at Mineral Wells... they are all kickers, one also plays Corner.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Kilgore and Center usually excel. 

3 hours ago, Eagle1906 said:

After interviews last week. I was told 2 names were sent to Superintendent. Not sure of names lol. But heard one was not a HC now but did have family coaching at college level. 

“Heard”..... interesting 

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Palestine won state in 2016 and has been to the State Tournament the last two years so Soccer can excel in East Texas!!

1 hour ago, betweentheposts said:

Palestine won state in 2016 and has been to the State Tournament the last two years so Soccer can excel in East Texas!!

Forgot about them.