Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta give it to the UIL in this one they are trying.

There is a different between closing school buildings and cancelling school.   As close to the end of the school year as it is, everyone will be doing as much as possbile to finish the year

Had I known how boring my graduation ceremony would be I would have skipped it, and let them mail me my diploma.  I think it's more for the parents from my experience.  I really  don't think the onlin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Will be interested to see what Abbott put out this coming week in his new order. This could effect the UIL/summer conditioning, etc. 

Will have to do with business’ is what I’m thinking. Schools are done for the year. Hate it for the seniors but it’s probably for the best. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Will have to do with business’ is what I’m thinking. Schools are done for the year. Hate it for the seniors but it’s probably for the best. 

Then he needs to announce that with this statement.  You're probably right. But no reason to drag it out if he is going to close them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Then he needs to announce that with this statement.  You're probably right. But no reason to drag it out if he is going to close them. 

will schools being done for the year be announced by Abbot or by the TEA?  Either way, I don't care.  It's harder teaching from home that it is to teach in person... Mainly because I am teaching my class from home then teaching 3 of my 5 kids as well...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

will schools being done for the year be announced by Abbot or by the TEA?  Either way, I don't care.  It's harder teaching from home that it is to teach in person... Mainly because I am teaching my class from home then teaching 3 of my 5 kids as well...

Abbott announced the last closure, that schools would be closed through May 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Louisiana cancelled school for remainder of year. Texas will be next. The cons outweigh the pros. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Louisiana cancelled school for remainder of year. Texas will be next. The cons outweigh the pros. 

Starting in August is far from guaranteed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Federal guidelines sent out yesterday recommends all schools currently closed should stay closed... hey Abbott has cover to make that schools closed order

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bock said:

Federal guidelines sent out yesterday recommends all schools currently closed should stay closed... hey Abbott has cover to make that schools closed order

Have to stay closed until phase 2. But I think they'll stay closed until the fall

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Texas schools closed for the remainder of the school year per Governor Abbott's executive order today.......

Was hoping for something but can’t risk it . Gotta hate it for the Seniors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Wonder when the UIL will come out with something?

It better be PDQ, because folks are getting wild on the social media. 

Morath and TEA were quick on the draw, following Abbott's remarks within minutes. UIL better follow suit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season will come down to coaching more than normal. Time to see who’s worth what they make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Sad. I have a senior. Baseball player.

That's a bummer, man.  :( 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LOL said:

That's a bummer, man.  :( 

Thank you much! Had to grab him in my arms earlier. It's sad but not compared to what's going on in this world.

Please Lord Jesus Christ, be over us in this! 

Amen!

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...