Are They out to Get You?

RETIREDFAN1

They’re Out to Get You

With the current crisis going on in regards to the China Virus, we are beginning to hear many people talking about a vast conspiracy going on to control everyone. The world today is filled with people who fear that secret societies or groups are working together to manipulate everything that is happening around us. This is nothing new. Solomon told us that there is nothing new under the sun. 

Ecclesiastes 1: 9 - 11

We can see this illustrated by some conspiracy theorists recorded for us in the Bible. When the Northern Kingdom of Israel was falling, people tried to put the blame on a hidden conspiracy. 

Isaiah 8: 11 - 12

Just like it is now, it is interesting that the falsehood of a conspiracy was more appealing to the people than the reality that God was bringing about their downfall as punishment. 

Isaiah 8: 13 - 15

We have used the term conspiracy theory several times. What is a conspiracy theory? 

A conspiracy theory is a falsified version of history or current events that redirects an audience’s anger toward another group. The theory tries to put the blame for a legitimate issue on a perceived common enemy. There is no desire or attempt ever made to actually solve the issue. The only purpose of conspiracy theories is to blame someone else for the problem. Let’s look at some that have become so well known, that many people have trouble seeing the truth that they are only conspiracy theories. 

One such theory is pushed by white supremacists, who hate all non-white groups because they claim they are a part of Satan’s global plot to destroy the white race. This theory has taken in black hate groups, as well, who hate all others as part of this perceived plot. Arab terrorists have taken up the belief, and they hate Jews, who they claim are a part of the global plot.

Another such conspiracy theory is that the Jews who control international banking have centralized financial institutions into a monolithic conspiracy which is able to direct the affairs of governments by currency manipulations and expanding the national debt. The Internal Revenue Service, Federal Reserve, World Bank and a few other institutions now seek to control every individual by issuing tax-payer identification numbers, credit cards and, in the most recent twist, implanted “microchips” transponders. 

All of this is supposedly related to the scriptural prophecy in Revelation 13:15-18 about the “mark of the beast” [666]. As “money” becomes separated from the real value of gold and silver by the use of paper currency, checks, electronic funds transfers and other forms, the resulting monetary system has become a fraud. This fraud works through all aspects of the system of taxation, licensing, banking and lending with the goal of enslaving the world population to the “international bankers”.

We find conspiracy theories tell us that vaccinations are plot by the Vatican. Others claim that a small group of enlightened ones or the Masons are behind the power of our government, and that there is a move to establish a single world government.  A recent popular book and movie, “The Da Vinci Code”, is about a conspiracy to hide the fact that Jesus had children with Mary Magdalene.

So what’s wrong with conspiracy theories?

First, they play on people’s mistrust of those in authority over them. When you work for someone, it’s easy to imagine that your bosses don’t have your best interests in mind. Paul tells us to be respectful to our bosses. 

I Timothy 6: 1 - 2

Those who disagree lead to evil suspicions. 

I Timothy 6: 3 - 6

In other words, one of the results of thinking the boss has it in for you is that you can’t be content. The same is true with the government. Who likes the government? Who thinks the leaders have our best interests in mind? No one does, yet God said that they are their for our good. 

I Peter 2: 13 - 15

We are told to pray for them. 

I Timothy 2: 1 - 3

In fact, if we prayed more for them instead of spending all our time condemning them, maybe God would hear us and place good people in those positions. 

Another thing we find wrong with conspiracy theories is that they cause people to think evil of others. As Christians, we are to malign no one. 

Titus 3: 1 - 3

We are not to cause injury to one another by using falsehoods, defaming one another, or coloring our words to show someone else in a bad light.

Now, if that person has actually DONE what you are claiming, such as certain officials in government, that’s a different story. Their ACTIONS have shown them to be evil, and by calling them evil, you are not defaming them, nor are you spreading lies. 

Another thing wrong with conspiracy theories is that they cause strife. Christians are told to put away all malice and slander.
I Peter 2: 1 - 3

I Peter 3: 8 - 12

We should remember that one of the things God hates is the spreading of discord. 

Proverbs 6: 16 - 19

Another reason conspiracy theories are wrong is that they propagate fear. We are told many times that we shouldn’t be troubled or afraid. 

Isaiah 8: 12

We are told many times that we should never fear men. 

Luke 12: 4

This is because the ones on our side are much stronger.
II Kings 6: 16

We should never fear, because God will uphold us.

Isaiah 41: 10

Another reason conspiracy theories are wrong is they are not founded in truth, and instead, they play on people’s ignorance. They are usually lies to begin with. 

Psalm 50: 19 - 20

They are propagated by false teachers who are not afraid to speak evil about things they don’t understand. 

II Peter 2: 10 - 12

They place a focus on myth and speculation. 

I Timothy 1: 3 - 4

I Timothy 4: 6 - 7

All conspiracy theories do is distract people from the real problem. 

Followers of conspiracy theories have forgotten that God is in control of everything. 

Isaiah 51: 12 - 13

They fix blame on someone, but never offer any solutions to the perceived problem.

So what are some motives behind conspiracy theories? 

Hatred is one motive. We read many verses of Scripture that tie anger and malice to slander and evil speaking. 

Colossians 3: 8 - 9

We should never return evil for evil. 

I Thessalonians 5: 15

Many conspiracy theories are founded on ignorance.
II Peter 2: 12

Others come about because someone is suffering from a lack of power or position, this leaves them one of two responses: they can lose ground, or they can be angry and derisive. 

Proverbs 29: 9

We often see this in the world’s response to someone becoming a Christian. 

I Peter 4: 4

We should remember the principles that are supposed to apply to our relationships with one another. We are not to speak evil of one another. 

James 4: 11

We are to put away evil speaking and be kind to one another. 

Ephesians 4: 31 - 32

We are to do all things without grumbling or complaining. 

Philippians 2: 14

As Christians, we should not fall to believing any of these conspiracy theories that are propagating around the country. We should everything to the test, and see if there is any legitimate evidence for it being true, before believing anything.