Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

Anyone unhappy with Trump’s response must be absolutely livid with Congress.  I’m not thrilled with the Repubs, but the Dems have really shamed themselves (1- example, 25 Million for the Kennedy Art Center in a CV-19 Relief Bill - C’mon man).

Between Trump’s efforts and the American people we’ll get through this.  Read a great quote today, that seems pertinent, so I’ll share with y’all.  

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies within you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

>March 6
>March 17
>March 21
>March 24
>March 25
468,291 and the day isn't even over yet

Its just the flu bro.  

No, it's not as deadly as the flu.

'17-18 Flu season - the morality rate was at or above epidemic rate for 16 consecutive weeks, peaking with 4 consecutive weeks at our above 10% mortality with a high of 10.8%.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

So using CDC numbers Covoid19 is about 1/5 as deadly as the flu was in 2017.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

'17-18 Flu season - the morality rate was at or above epidemic rate for 16 consecutive weeks, peaking with 4 consecutive weeks at our above 10% mortality with a high of 10.8%.

Thank you for proving my point!👏😋

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Like I said yesterday....

Compassionate conservatism is dead.  

I'm ashamed of what our nation has become.

Making jokes...... nothing funny about this. 

It should have every Christian on their knees praying and begging for forgiveness and grace.

Not propping up political idealogies.

Ashamed.  

Somewhat agree. This has nothing to do with Trump or politics at all. 

We should all pray that everyday!

I'm compassionate about all loss of life, I just don't think this particular big kills us any worse than some of our common foes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I can’t stand either party. I’m a Christian. As for as making jokes, please every situation needs some levity. I’m a father of five. I’m concerned about their well being above all else. World needs a little sense of humor. Come on. My screen name is that of an over the top wrestler for Pete’s sake. Don’t be so uppity. 

Agree!

The difference with the swine flu was that it was more isolated that coronavirus and it took its time golbally. This obviously moved at a much faster rate.

The first known cases were in late March. It took a month for there to be 148 cases in nine countries. On May 1st. there were 331, 155 in the US. On June 1, there were 17,410 cases in 62 countries with 115 deaths. That's a span of two and a half months.

If you want to believe the first case was Dec. 1 in China, then on Feb 1, two months later, there were 11, 953 cases in 24 countries (all but 132 in China) with 259 deaths, At the same two and a half month mark, coronavirus was at 50, 580 cases in 26 countries with 1,526 deaths. That was more than a month ago.

3 month mark:

Swine flu: 70,893 cases in 109 countries, 311 deaths

Coronavirus: 87,137 cases in 59 countries, 2,977 deaths

4 month mark:

Swine flu: 134,583 cases with 816 deaths.

Coronavirus: With a week to go to get to 4 months: 414,179 cases in with 18,440 deaths. TBD on April 1

It took until June 2010 for swine flu to get to 18, 209 deaths. Coronavirus blew past a 15-month total in three months and three weeks

31 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

That is at its peak, not for the entire year.

54 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Can we inconvenience ourselves without complaining to save some lives?

I know having the barber shop and Academy closed ruins people's lives.... but if it saves a few.... can we just do it?

Asking for anyone that may be one of those unlucky ones.  It might be me...or you... or someone we love.

Is it really saving lives tho? I disagree with the premise it’s not a viral spread. Exponential is exactly how the flu is spread. The people losing there life’s savings from economy crashing, is that worth saving people that were at risk of a normal flu or any other disease/infection?  Who’s jobs is it for someone’s well being? In a constitutional republic with individual rights, it’s up to the individual to decide what’s best for his\her health. Not you, or the gov. By all means, make suggestions but anything else is tyranny. 

• Like 2

If they try to force this coming vaccine on me,  I'm using the same line they use to keep planned parenthood. "My body My Choice" 

There are some crazy conspiracy theories for sure. People see things aren't quite right with what's going on. Instead of looking for evidence, they input their own beliefs to push an unsupported theory. This was put into the political forum so now we are seeing the political theories. 

In reality this is much deeper than most people realize. People can throw the tinfoil hat label all they want. It just shows how much they've been programmed to believe nothing major can possibly ever be a conspiracy.

Conspiracies occur everyday with these elites and that's no theory. Learn to think for yourselves, instead of using the same labels the mainstream teaches. All to discredit anything they deem to be "untrue" just by throwing out the forbidden term "conspiracy theory". Thats too easy if you ask me. 

They are using this "virus" to basically shut down the world. Shouldnt we be using this time to look into and consider all the possibilities before dismissing them? What could it hurt.? If one turns out to be true then we are prepared. If not, then we go on about our everyday lives. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Uppity?

Seriously?????  I'm begging people to be selfless.  How on Earth does uppity come into that equation?  

No.  This is true concern.

Have a good night.

Lol get off your high horse. It’s very uppity. Be concerned and express your concern. Anything more than that makes you look like the kid who lost his ball at recess. Which you thoroughly did. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, Mavchamp said:

I work for Christus....who is giving us daily updates from corporate and the CDC.

And most of y'all know what a huge sports fan I am..... I'm really struggling.

But everything we are hearing..... this is still just getting started according to virologists.  We are still in the EARLY stages.

532 deaths in the US.... seems like a small number until it's someone you know/love.  It was just 130 just a week ago.  The growth is expected to be exponential.  That's scary.  Esp when we have large swaths of the population not heeding the warnings and precautions.  We have no idea how many ppl are walking around infected and not even know it.

They are saying 8-10 weeks before we see this slow down.  That's late May/early June.  And a downward trend coupled with no idea where the infection count is at that point (and the death toll) still won't be a green light for UIL, NBA, NHL, or MLB to resume.

How late can they wait to finish those seasons?  Does the late finish affect the 2020-2021 season?

It's a mess.

But TBH.... my great love for sports pales in comparison to how I feel about this.  I'm a healthcare worker.... and if we can prevent ONE SINGLE DEATH by putting life on hold.... it's worth it.  And we all would probably agree it is saving MUCH more than 1.  

Stay safe.... stay healthy.  

I know the data is not complete but how is the death rate tracking with this years type a and B flu.  All the virues target the same demographic group.  The data will be skewed because most folks with the flu tend to ride it out at home and were never tested.  The only real numbers are those with severe cases and the number of deaths.  The same thing can be said about Corvus-19. Most cases mild cases will be rode out at home and never documented.  I am not in anyway a care giver but I do understand numbers.  The flu is a yearly occurrence so our nation has come to expect it as a way of life and in most cases life goes on.  We have vaccines but they in most years are not very effective.  Basically a guessing game on what flu will show up.  I think this year was considered on the high side at only 30% match.  So are the experts expecting a higher ratio of deaths from Corvid-19 than that of the flue.  How many deaths are a result of the flu so fare this year.  The flu is still around from what I have read and is expected to continue thru June.  Oh! I for one take the guidance putout by the CDC.  I suspect the same guidance should have been put out during the flu seaso but was not.  If you know the percentages of both the flu and C-19 post them.  Be safe all

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Is it really saving lives tho? I disagree with the premise it’s not a viral spread. Exponential is exactly how the flu is spread. The people losing there life’s savings from economy crashing, is that worth saving people that were at risk of a normal flu or any other disease/infection?  Who’s jobs is it for someone’s well being? In a constitutional republic with individual rights, it’s up to the individual to decide what’s best for his\her health. Not you, or the gov. By all means, make suggestions but anything else is tyranny. 

The difference is you can get a flu shot. You can't get a coronavirus shot.

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Oh... and Trump.  Can't forget him.  They want him gone.... they have time for that.

That's all they've had time for.  Have they done ANYTHING else since taking control of the house EXCEPT try to get rid of Trump?  Nope.

3 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Yep, that’s Exactly their mission since before he even raised his hand to take his Oath...

The intel, defense, and political communities have all taken their shots at ruining this man's Presidency.   None have yet to succeed.  Why not let the CDC have it's shot?  Am I saying that this virus is a result of some CDC conspiracy?  No.  It's been fairly well established now that a combination of two drugs has been effective in healing those afflicted with this virus and the President sees this and speaks optimistically about it.   What do we hear from CDC bureaucrats?  Whining about not wasting years and years on clinical trials to prove what seems pretty obvious.  With regard to any "conspiracies" I'll only ask this:  Where did the virus originate?  Wuhan, China.  What's in Wuhan, China?  Oh,  just their main Bio lab.  Does China want Trump to be US President?  We all know that answer.  They have been hammered by Trump's tariffs and their economy has suffered, while ours had been great. Trump's insisting on changing this trade imbalance and they've been in trade talks,  which brings us to today.  The Chinavirus has just nearly crippled the US economy and evened the playing field.  Congress,  were they not fools,  would send China the tab for this multi-trillion dollar boondoggle they're about to pass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Yep, that’s Exactly their mission since before he even raised his hand to take his Oath...

I was talking about worldwide health experts. 

No. They don’t have time... nor do they care who the president of the USA is.  They have bigger fish to fry.   Like saving lives.  They will leave coups to the media.  

But carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I was talking about worldwide health experts. 

No. They don’t have time... nor do they care who the president of the USA is.  They have bigger fish to fry.   Like saving lives.  They will leave coups to the media.  

But carry on. 

I certainly will... 

Wuhan went live with 5g(60ghz) the same time the outbreak started. They will tell you themselves  they didn't test it or fund any testing for any potential negative reactions. It has nothing to do with a lab or a presidential election. Both parties were taken over long ago at the top. I can prove this if I had the chance but I'm sure most wouldnt be able to comprehend. So why bother. If you don't do your own research you won't accept anything anybody else says. Everybody has an opinion but most don't go any further. I'm very confident,  as mine started as an opinion ten years ago and gradually turned into facts. I don't expect people to believe me, because I wouldn't believe me if I didn't see it for myself. 

Ok, here's the quickest way I could think of to plant the seed for the people with heavy schooling and indoctrination. Being bred to trust the powers that be such as the CDC and WHO.

It's not the medical worker bees that you need to worry about. They are mostly good people with good intentions. 

I pulled this info up in screenshots within ten minutes. Follow the money and the agenda of those giving the money. 

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-33-51.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-40-07.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-50-34.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-42-42.png

4 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Ok, here's the quickest way I could think of to plant the seed for the people with heavy schooling and indoctrination. Being bred to trust the powers that be such as the CDC and WHO.

It's not the medical worker bees that you need to worry about. They are mostly good people with good intentions. 

I pulled this info up in screenshots within ten minutes. Follow the money and the agenda of those giving the money. 

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-33-51.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-40-07.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-50-34.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-42-42.png

Thanks! I am out of likes while others seem to have endless quantities of 💩’s😳

• LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

To the ones thinking everything is a political conspiracy. Here's a big blunder that occurred during the 2004 election. It nearly exposed everything. Political rivals to the public, S&B classmates and buddies behind the scenes. The famous news anchor died shortly after.

Screenshot_2020-03-26-09-47-50.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-10-25-57.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-10-26-14.png

donald-trump-hillary-clinton1.jpg