Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I was talking about worldwide health experts. 

No. They don’t have time... nor do they care who the president of the USA is.  They have bigger fish to fry.   Like saving lives.  They will leave coups to the media.  

But carry on. 

Many of these same "worldwide health experts" parrot the democrat party and it's insistence that boys are girls.  They can't even get this right yet I'm expected to believe them on something like this?  No thanks.  I'll continue to carry on with logic and reason.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

The intel, defense, and political communities have all taken their shots at ruining this man's Presidency.   None have yet to succeed.  Why not let the CDC have it's shot?  Am I saying that this virus is a result of some CDC conspiracy?  No.  It's been fairly well established now that a combination of two drugs has been effective in healing those afflicted with this virus and the President sees this and speaks optimistically about it.   What do we hear from CDC bureaucrats?  Whining about not wasting years and years on clinical trials to prove what seems pretty obvious.  With regard to any "conspiracies" I'll only ask this:  Where did the virus originate?  Wuhan, China.  What's in Wuhan, China?  Oh,  just their main Bio lab.  Does China want Trump to be US President?  We all know that answer.  They have been hammered by Trump's tariffs and their economy has suffered, while ours had been great. Trump's insisting on changing this trade imbalance and they've been in trade talks,  which brings us to today.  The Chinavirus has just nearly crippled the US economy and evened the playing field.  Congress,  were they not fools,  would send China the tab for this multi-trillion dollar boondoggle they're about to pass.

I agree China should be held accountable. They created this mutated virus, and now the world is suffering.  One thing is I think people should be getting out in the sun, because it helps our immune systems with the natural Vitamin D that the sun provides.  I still don't see many people out and about in the neighborhood.  They're cooped up in the house, and that doesn't help them.  With the higher temperatures it will help dry out sinuses, and with the cleaner air now thanks to less traffic they could get some fresh air.  Since we have these shelter in place they are afraid to accept to go purchase food and other items.  The quarantine for healthy people is insane.  I realize that we don't want anymore to be infected, but with these increase cases it doesn't seem like they are helping.  I'm sure that many healthcare workers will also become infected once they have to deal with it.  I think we should build up our immunity to the virus, and if you have a loved one with immune system problems do not come in contact with them except through various means of communication that we now have.  I know they're going through cabin fever as well, but if they want to get out they are the one's putting themselves at risk.  Instead we are placing millions of more lives at risk because they can't work.  How are they going to pay their bills, rent, and put food on the table.  If you think homelessness is a problem now, wait till it's all over.  Do you think they are going to rescind the property taxes this year ?  Are they going to forgive rent, electric, water, phone, internet, and gas bills ?  They don't care that the Government put us all out of work with these orders they want their money, because they have bills to pay.  I'm sure the one's barking for the stay in place  orders have income coming in or they can go to work to pay for their bills.  There are far many more people like me that don't have that.  If I can't go back to work by next week, unless I do get a stimulus check then I'm a dead man walking as I've said before.      

22 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree China should be held accountable. They created this mutated virus, and now the world is suffering.  One thing is I think people should be getting out in the sun, because it helps our immune systems with the natural Vitamin D that the sun provides.  I still don't see many people out and about in the neighborhood.  They're cooped up in the house, and that doesn't help them.  With the higher temperatures it will help dry out sinuses, and with the cleaner air now thanks to less traffic they could get some fresh air.  Since we have these shelter in place they are afraid to accept to go purchase food and other items.  The quarantine for healthy people is insane.  I realize that we don't want anymore to be infected, but with these increase cases it doesn't seem like they are helping.  I'm sure that many healthcare workers will also become infected once they have to deal with it.  I think we should build up our immunity to the virus, and if you have a loved one with immune system problems do not come in contact with them except through various means of communication that we now have.  I know they're going through cabin fever as well, but if they want to get out they are the one's putting themselves at risk.  Instead we are placing millions of more lives at risk because they can't work.  How are they going to pay their bills, rent, and put food on the table.  If you think homelessness is a problem now, wait till it's all over.  Do you think they are going to rescind the property taxes this year ?  Are they going to forgive rent, electric, water, phone, internet, and gas bills ?  They don't care that the Government put us all out of work with these orders they want their money, because they have bills to pay.  I'm sure the one's barking for the stay in place  orders have income coming in or they can go to work to pay for their bills.  There are far many more people like me that don't have that.  If I can't go back to work by next week, unless I do get a stimulus check then I'm a dead man walking as I've said before.      

Dave what is your line of work

13 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Dave what is your line of work

Restaurant business.  Funny thing when I got into it a manager said as long as you're in the food industry no matter what happens you'll never go hungry.  Now I'm worried if I can't get back to work.  This applies to many retail workers as well.  It's shutting down millions of businesses across America.  They simply don't know what they are doing to the common American working class.  It's even shut down some factories and many are being laid off over it.  We need to get people back to work.  

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Where was the stock market when he took office, or do we only look at memes, not history? Also, you want to compare growth in his last three years, compared to Trump's? 

Wow man, you actually came up with a post (against a humorous meme) instead of 💩ing on my post in anonymity.   I’m impressed you think you’ve finally found something that got you so excited you’re actually posting.   

I do know you won’t like the answer to your question, so you’ll deny the facts, but here they are.  The dates are not based on when Trump became President, but when Trump secured the nomination.   Obama’s biggest gain came when investors knew Trump had a chance to be President.  That was May 26, 2016.

So on May 24, 2013, the Dow was at 15,303.   On May 26, 2016 it was 17,828.   That’s a 3 year gain of 2,525.

Now fast forward 3 years to May 28, 2019, and market is 25,347.  That’s a 3 year gain of  7,518.

To exemplify my reasoning. The DJ was at 17,828 when Trump got the nomination, and at the end of the year was at 19,762.  That’s a gain of 1,934 in just 7 months.  Only falsification of the facts would make one believe that the DJ increased more under Obama than Trump.  Res ispa loquitor (the thing speaks for itself).

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, BoHogg said:

When might sports resume? I don’t have more knowledge but I do have questions. 

I think one major thing that’s not being discussed is the Impact on school funding in Texas going forward. Does loss of jobs impact ability to pay school property taxes? How does closing of businesses impact the local tax base? We already know the state comptroller has revised state revenue estimates in billions of $$$. 

So there’s two of 3 funding components, local and state, potentially being substantially less. Will funding impact extracurricular activities?  I don’t know but it’s something to think about. 

Good points. I guess there is no way of really knowing the overall impact of this unprecedented situation. 

My best guess from information gathered is that we will be lucky to start in time for regular football practice. 

It's really sad for what these kids are losing. Not only the Sr's but all the way down to the youngest pee wee players. They only get one chance and once the clock starts ticking they don't get any time back.

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Wow man, you actually came up with a post (against a humorous meme) instead of 💩ing on my post in anonymity.   I’m impressed you think you’ve finally found something that got you so excited you’re actually posting.   

I do know you won’t like the answer to your question, so you’ll deny the facts, but here they are.  The dates are not based on when Trump became President, but when Trump secured the nomination.   Obama’s biggest gain came when investors knew Trump had a chance to be President.  That was May 26, 2016.

So on May 24, 2013, the Dow was at 15,303.   On May 26, 2016 it was 17,828.   That’s a 3 year gain of 2,525.

Now fast forward 3 years to May 28, 2019, and market is 25,347.  That’s a 3 year gain of  7,518.

To exemplify my reasoning. The DJ was at 17,828 when Trump got the nomination, and at the end of the year was at 19,762.  That’s a gain of 1,934 in just 7 months.  Only falsification of the facts would make one believe that the DJ increased more under Obama than Trump.  Res ispa loquitor (the thing speaks for itself).

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/stock-market-by-president/index.html

You always manage to come across like a knowitall orifice, but after throwing in Latin. I just wish your weak reaching back to before Trump was even in office wasn't so transparently goofy. 

• LOL! 1

Rather than educating liberals, we all, conservatives and liberals, really need to get serious on social distancing.   We just had our first death down here, the band director at Hardin-Jefferson.   Yesterday the 6 County judges restricted those going to the store to one per family (with exceptions of course).   One Judge said our parking lots at groceries & Walmart look like Black Friday.  The Mardi Gras, & subsequent explosion of cases in NO should be an example of the need for separation.  

RIP Mr. Westbrook 

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/hjisd-employee-diagnosed-with-covid-19/502-e32d83c8-fabf-4da0-968a-633aba86908d?fbclid=IwAR1adhjoQknSuDx9UQnPbm0bulj65Ypg0Lnmkx3vP1UCsrHGQtrBqKBPHls

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/stock-market-by-president/index.html

You always manage to come across like a knowitall orifice, but after throwing in Latin. I just wish your weak reaching back to before Trump was even in office wasn't so transparently goofy. 

High praise from you.   Thanks!  

:rofl: 

Full disclosure, had to look up Latin.  Only Latin I know is et tu Brutus.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, Mavchamp said:

Was 135 last week.  I don’t understand why this isn’t alarming people. 

And to think some think it’s purpose is to overthrow the government.  I just can’t.   

If you can't see the liberal media is using this to attack President Trump's response to this very real epidemic you are blinder than a bat.  Yes this virus is real and must be taken seriously, but the dimocrats and the media are trying their best to falsley portray President Trump's efforts as very bad.  They didn't do this to Obama during the far worse virus epidemic when he was in office .... so yes, they are weaponizing their reporting of this virus epidemic to try and get rid of President Trump in November ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

If you can't see the liberal media is using this to attack President Trump's response to this very real epidemic you are blinder than a bat.  Yes this virus is real and must be taken seriously, but the dimocrats and the media are trying their best to falsley portray President Trump's efforts as very bad.  They didn't do this to Obama during the far worse virus epidemic when he was in office .... so yes, they are weaponizing their reporting of this virus epidemic to try and get rid of President Trump in November ...

We all know that facts aren't Trump's friend, but sad to see that basic news reporting and documenting of the behind the scenes prep for this terrible event is seen as a political attack by his fervent disciples. Little ironic that 'sources' that are routinely disparaged, like Vox or CNN, but are now gospel when it comes to anything positive in their reporting for Trump, too. Really hard to justify having it both ways, but that would be sane and reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

It was a beautiful sunny spring day today.  Saw folks out boating on the lake.  This being cooped up nonsense won't last much longer.

I drove out across Cross Lake today & there were a few sailboats out to the West of The I-220 Bridge... ⛵⛵⛵️ 

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

We all know that facts aren't Trump's friend, but sad to see that basic news reporting and documenting of the behind the scenes prep for this terrible event is seen as a political attack by his fervent disciples. Little ironic that 'sources' that are routinely disparaged, like Vox or CNN, but are now gospel when it comes to anything positive in their reporting for Trump, too. Really hard to justify having it both ways, but that would be sane and reasonable. 

So when CNN reported that it was Trumps fault when the dude took fish tank cleaner and had the names of the drugs completely mixed up and never apologized for their horrible lie (one of thousands) we as America should trust them?

Sorry, I wasn't raised like that. IMO ALL media should pay for fake news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3