Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Barry has a stomach problem

He won't be the only one with all the beans & rice people are eating with this stupid quarantine .  Myself included.  yeessh  .  I would rather take my chances with the Corona virus sometimes.  

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

He won't be the only one with all the beans & rice people are eating with this stupid quarantine .  Myself included.  yeessh  .  I would rather take my chances with the Corona virus sometimes.  

Yea no doubt but he's already dropping bombs on peoples posts. His colon may be the best thing working on him

I hear in some countries they are heavily inflating the numbers. Eye witnesses report the CDC is going around collecting dead bodies and instantly marking CV as the cause of death. 

As of today there is a reported 571,000 reported positive cases. They are saying 7 to 10 percent of those tested are coming back positive. That gives us an estimated 6,000,000 tests to have been conducted in about a 3 month time frame. Despite all the reports of a limited supply of testing kits. Just not buying it one bit and yall shouldn't be either. 

Screenshot_2020-03-26-17-37-19.png

Screenshot_2020-03-26-17-35-29.png

• Like 1

"If this was a real pandemic." With 90 percent of the deaths coming from the elderly or those already sick with weak immune systems.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the world running as usual to avoid all the economic issues,  possible riots, and the releasing of inmates.? While only self quarantining the ones likely to die from it? While the rest of us keep the world running and let our stronger immune systems build up an immunity? 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, trueblue82 said:

As far as high school goes, I’m hoping football practice starts in August as usual. That’s the earliest I see high school athletics returning. 

I will agree with you on that start date...hate seniors last semester was tanked but it was necessary 

I'm sorry. I don't buy the "this person or that person died from Corona Virus."

Just because a person who "tested" positive for the virus and they later died from it, does NOT mean that the virus is the cause of their death.

Consider a person who is 90 years of age; has two preexisting types of cancer, type-1 diabetes, and congestive heart failure (fluid build-up in their lungs). 

To say that the virus was the cause of their death - ESPECIALLY without a full post mortem examination (that's an autopsy for you Sooners out there) - would be like saying that a person who had been bitten by a mosquito and contracted encephalitis died from the mosquito bite, rather than the four gunshots to their chest!

Sorry, again, I just don't buy it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Governor Abbot just closed the Louisiana border to all non-essential travel. Things are getting interesting. 

I work in Shreveport. I got my letter. They say they will be pulling over people so Im sure I will get stopped one night.

This is from the early 90s. The deputy on camera was working for Harrison County at the time. Years later, he moved back home to Desoto Parish and was elected Sheriff where he served for 16 years before retiring a couple of years ago. I never thought I’d live to see this actually happen, but here it is. Anyway, the video is funny. 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

This is from the early 90s. The deputy on camera was working for Harrison County at the time. Years later, he moved back home to Desoto Parish and was elected Sheriff where he served for 16 years before retiring a couple of years ago. I never thought I’d live to see this actually happen, but here it is. Anyway, the video is funny. 

I could see Panola County folks falling for that. 😂

This is the storm that Trump was talking about early in his first term. It's all a big hoax. The lies are building if you're searching for them. Most of those hospitals aren't over run. The medical tents are empty in areas. They officially shut down the world because of a common cold.  

Don't take any tests because they are flawed. And definitely don't take any vaccine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mav01 said:

It's all a big hoax. The lies are building if you're searching for them. The hospitals aren't over run. The medical tents are empty. They officially shut down the world because of a common cold. You all will see, but it will be too late. 

All due respect.... but you are a FOOL.  Take off the tin foil hat... get off the conspiracy theory websites and actually start talking to people that are working the front lines.  This is no hoax.  Is it being blown up more than it needs to be?  Yes.  But this is no hoax.  People ARE sick.  People ARE dying.  Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change that reality.

Working in the ER......I personally have had to take care of more patients with respiratory failure in the last week than I can ever recall in the same amount of time in my career (18 years).  I had THREE patients end up intubated and on a ventilator on my last shift alone.  There were other nurses with similar numbers....and this is in little podunk East Texas.

Then....after we get them put on the ventilators.....we can't get them to ICU because ICU is full.  So please tell me how the hospitals aren't struggling.  East Texas hospitals are already struggling and we don't even know when or IF a wave is coming.  We don't know.  But there has WITHOUT A DOUBT been an influx of a disproportionate amount of respiratory patients.

Twice in the last week my shift went from being 12 hours to 14 hours because it was so busy.  I couldn't just leave.   So yeah... tell me how it's not that bad.

ICU nurses are suppose to have no more than 2 patients.  Most are taking 4 right now.  Again... this is just little ole East Texas.  I'm not talking New York or NOLA or San Fran.  This is Longview/Tyler.....

But since i mentioned it..... I have friends that are travel nurses... and they ARE in the hot spots.  And they are working 15 hrs shifts..... taking 2 times the number of patients they are suppose to take..... critical care and ICU patients.  They aren't getting lunches, they aren't getting breaks, they aren't getting to leave to hospital to sleep (they are being forced to stay in-house to sleep so they can be called immediately if needed).  I've seen some of the conditions hospital administrators are leaving them in.  They are abborhent.  It's real.  And like I said....the wave hasn't even hit yet.

Please tell me....and my coworkers how we aren't tired.  Tell me how we aren't being overworked from the influx.  Tell me how all this is hoax....  explain that to me while we take care of our three patients on ventilators.  

You accuse others to being blind to information....... I accuse you of being so open-minded your brain has fallen out.

Come to the hospital.  Come see the hoax first-hand.  Tell me it's all imagination.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

All due respect.... but you are a FOOL.  Take off the tin foil hat... get off the conspiracy theory websites and actually start talking to people that are working the front lines.  This is no hoax.  Is it being blown up more than it needs to be?  Yes.  But this is no hoax.  People ARE sick.  People ARE dying.  Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change that reality.

Working in the ER......I personally have had to take care of more patients with respiratory failure in the last week than I can ever recall in the same amount of time in my career (18 years).  I had THREE patients end up intubated and on a ventilator on my last shift alone.  There were other nurses with similar numbers....and this is in little podunk East Texas.

Then....after we get them put on the ventilators.....we can't get them to ICU because ICU is full.  So please tell me how the hospitals aren't struggling.  East Texas hospitals are already struggling and we don't even know when or IF a wave is coming.  We don't know.  But there has WITHOUT A DOUBT been an influx of a disproportionate amount of respiratory patients.

Twice in the last week my shift went from being 12 hours to 14 hours because it was so busy.  I couldn't just leave.   So yeah... tell me how it's not that bad.

ICU nurses are suppose to have no more than 2 patients.  Most are taking 4 right now.  Again... this is just little ole East Texas.  I'm not talking New York or NOLA or San Fran.  This is Longview/Tyler.....

But since i mentioned it..... I have friends that are travel nurses... and they ARE in the hot spots.  And they are working 15 hrs shifts..... taking 2 times the number of patients they are suppose to take..... critical care and ICU patients.  They aren't getting lunches, they aren't getting breaks, they aren't getting to leave to hospital to sleep (they are being forced to stay in-house to sleep so they can be called immediately if needed).  I've seen some of the conditions hospital administrators are leaving them in.  They are abborhent.  It's real.  And like I said....the wave hasn't even hit yet.

Please tell me....and my coworkers how we aren't tired.  Tell me how we aren't being overworked from the influx.  Tell me how all this is hoax....  explain that to me while we take care of our three patients on ventilators.  

You accuse others to being blind to information....... I accuse you of being so open-minded your brain has fallen out.

Come to the hospital.  Come see the hoax first-hand.  Tell me it's all imagination.

What are you talking about Mav these guys know everything sitting in their recliners at home.... my wife's a nurse and she says the same thing its BAD, I respect you and your field of work prayers for you and your fam while dealing with this disease 

RIP Joe Diffie.  One of my all time favorites.  When I heard about Joe it didn't really come as a surprise. I've seen some of his newer shows on youtube and it was obvious he wasn't in very good health.  He had ballooned into a pretty big old boy, but there's just something women like about a pickup man.

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

RIP Joe Diffie.  One of my all time favorites.  When I heard about Joe it didn't really come as a surprise. I've seen some of his newer shows on youtube and it was obvious he wasn't in very good health.  He had ballooned into a pretty big old boy, but there's just something women like about a pickup man.

.....it’s, “Something women like about a pickup...Man”😜

24 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

there's just something women like about a pickup man.

21 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

.....it’s, “Something women like about a pickup...Man”😜

I think Y’all both right on this one 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I have a good friend that works at Highland and she was taking care of a ventilator patient of course she is a respiratory therapist,I just got out of the hospital around Feb 2 and there wasn't many beds available then. took 8 hours to get to a room I was in the ER, they did a lot of the work before I went up.