Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

2 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Shows that Fauci’s and Birx social distancing recommendations are working so stay home people. 

However, we are now learning about the (1) disproportionate amount of deaths of African Americans and (2) today was the deadliest day in NY. 

I actually thought it would effect the rich the most since most of the one's that came in with the virus were travelling in far off lands or China itself.  Just think if Biden was in office the travel ban would have come much later.  He actually criticized President Trump for it.  While this site tries to spin it to say that he didn't, anyone that has a third grade reading level can see that he did.  https://www.statesman.com/news/20200330/fact-check-did-biden-call-trump-lsquoxenophobicrsquo-for-china-travel-restrictions .  I still would have preferred a herd immunization instead of what we are doing, because even if the levels completely end, I think this virus will return some day.  

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

I don't know about that.  In the year 2030 will we start to forget what happened  and make the same mistakes as the past.   The mistakes like cutting funding for the CDC like both Republican and Democratic presidents have done the past couple of decades.  I understand why.  If the last pandemic becomes more of a distant memory, it will become harder for the government to justify the level of spending on infectious diseases.  

The WHO has some blame in this as well with their initial reports.  While the CDC was involved in a trivial pursuit of other social issues they should have been monitoring this.  The thing about Government money is once it's appropriated for something people whines and moans when it's used on another project.  That's the problem with Government bureaucracy.  I know they want to keep their "priorities" straight for order, but somethings are more important than the study of the mating habits of snail darters or what not.   

14 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Stop being locked down....ive been doing whatever the hell I want to....the tyrants be damned.....

Unfortunately I have no choice with not being able to work.  I've only had take out twice since not being able to work.  Pancho's and a Whataburger today.  I haven't had a Whataburger in over a month, and I had to have one.   

1 minute ago, BoHogg said:

Biden or anyon not imposing the travel ban would have been in error. Trump’s negative is not acting sooner although when finally convinced or for whatever reason he got off of the fence. The ban though, did not restrict any and all coming from China...https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

It should have been banned completely, and now it is.  I actually think they should shut down all public transportation for three weeks.  I know that may be hard on the poor though that might need medical treatment if they don't have vehicles.  I still hear flights throughout the day.  I'd really like to know their cleaning procedures on many public transportation though.  President Trump was condemned for it, and now it shows he should have done it sooner.  

12 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Unfortunately I have no choice with not being able to work.  I've only had take out twice since not being able to work.  Pancho's and a Whataburger today.  I haven't had a Whataburger in over a month, and I had to have one.   

I would dang near trade you a couple work days for some Pancho's

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

There  are a couple good ones left in the Dallas area. 

Soon as this passes, I may take a trip to the D and get my grub on..... when we got to dallas we usually eat pluckers or this Chinese buffet close to the cowboys stadium 

31 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I would dang near trade you a couple work days for some Pancho's

I'm a regular there, and it was only the owner and a cook working.  They made everything fresh, I suppose to limit waste.  I know many restaurants are selling excess food, but they want to charge double what the grocery store charges.  She still hooked me up with extra food.  I eat chile relleno's for breakfast and I asked for 6.  She gave me 8 not counting extra sopapilla's and flautas.  She gave me enough for 6 meals for only $6.95.  I want to go back for more, but I'm not greedy, and I'm trying to be frugal during this time.  

Eating all that trashy fast food, ya'll should eat at Zuco's kitchen, where everything is made from scratch, including the drinks--which reminds me, I have to get to the liquor store tomorrow. Thank goodness they are an essential business. LOL 

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Resist.....

On 4/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Stop being locked down....ive been doing whatever the hell I want to....the tyrants be damned.....

I am pretty much doing the same think.  My military background taught me to always be aware of my environment  ...  sometimes you have to improvise and adapt to whatever situation you are in ... don't let it control you ... use common sense and know what's out there and deal with it and rely on God to light your path ...

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

No....ive been doing whatever I WANT .....

I took my sister to college yesterday to get the last of her belongings out of the dorm.  I noticed during the drive to and from Tarleton St.  that there was more cars out on the road since the shutdown began.  It looks like more and more people are fed up with the lockdown in their homes.  Just seems unamerican to me.   

24 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What part isn’t patriotic? The lockdown or people out driving around?

The lockdown seems pretty unamerican to me.   When it first started the streets were pretty empty.  Now it seems that people are getting tired of it.  You can tell by the increase of motor traffic on the highways now.  

Before the Corona Virus.  Did you visit people who had the flu , or sick with something else?  That was called social distancing before it had an official name to it.  We avoid people who are sick naturally.   It is one thing if a corporation makes bad decisions that result in closing  , but govt. closing legal  businesses down  just seems wrong.  I know several mom & pop stores and restaurants may not ever open again.  

• Like 1