Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

End in sight? Louisiana and their 496 deaths per million will open gyms 3 days ahead of Texas and their 39 deaths per million.

62 active cases out of 240,000 people in Smith County and we get a 25% opening on the 18th. Yay us!!

I've heard some people complain about abbott's order overriding local orders.  What they need to understand is that,  while it's an inconvenience for some local municipalities that are being less restrictive,  the real purpose of the order overriding the local orders is because the deep blue areas like dallas,  houston,  san antonio and austin that are under democrat rule would have all their citizens on lockdown from now until eternity,  unless the democrats succeed in knocking Trump out in november.  Abbott's order squashed that nonsense.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I've heard some people complain about abbott's order overriding local orders.  What they need to understand is that,  while it's an inconvenience for some local municipalities that are being less restrictive,  the real purpose of the order overriding the local orders is because the deep blue areas like dallas,  houston,  san antonio and austin that are under democrat rule would have all their citizens on lockdown from now until eternity,  unless the democrats succeed in knocking Trump out in november.  Abbott's order squashed that nonsense.

They're being stupid.  If you don't want to go out you still can stay at home.  One thing that is hurting businesses is being able to bring back employees.  Many of them are on unemployment and why should they go back if they are being paid not to work ?    Some of the restrictions are ridiculous especially the beaches.  Every beach I've ever gone to people tend to stay away from each other.  Another is parks, but I can understand sort of closing the playground equipment.   

On a side note, yesterday is usually the busiest day of the year for restaurants.  That was not the case.  Our take out did  probably did 90% of our business yesterday.  One thing I will say, I did have my best week ever in 13 years.  It was much needed.  I'm ready to do it again this week.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

Porky’s in Marshall is still serving BBQ, Fish, Burgers, etc. through the drive-thru window. It will do for some decent takeout.😉👌

Porky's is back open again?!?!?  Woohoo!

Beware of Lassie though!

17E0C3EB-9886-4087-89BE-083A48ACD58E.jpeg

• LOL! 1

The "hate Trump" dimocrat politicians are trying to string this out as long as possible, until after the November election if possible.  They are counting on canceling any debates because their prospective nominee is a far better candidate for the nursing home than the White House.  This whole lock down nonsense is designed to hurt our economy and President Trump's reelection ..... I don't think it's working .... most rational people see right through it ..... the dims could care less about high school sports ..... this is all about political power .....

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, bignasty said:

I’m hoping for a full football season and as close to normal school year.  I do however think the faster we rush to open things up it have a negative effect in the football season and school year.   

Trump is awesome for our economy, but to listen to him talk medical talk is hard to do.  He is no expert in that at all.   I would rather listen to the people that know.

I also cannot stand to see Governor Abbot’s news conferences because I have to look at Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in the background.   Patrick is beyond an idiot.  No friend to education or schools.

So... IMO... if we open things up to quickly I think you can kiss HS football season goodbye for this fall!!!!!

You do realize that Trump simply repeats things that the so called medical "experts" have said to him right?

56 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

You do realize that Trump simply repeats things that the so called medical "experts" have said to him right?

So the medical experts told him you can shoot disinfect in your veins?  

Like I said... great economic President.   Compassionate President not so much.

You sound like a friend of mine.... can find no faults in Trump.   I voted for the man.   But I don’t support everything he says or wants.

24 minutes ago, bignasty said:

So the medical experts told him you can shoot disinfect in your veins?  

Like I said... great economic President.   Compassionate President not so much.

You sound like a friend of mine.... can find no faults in Trump.   I voted for the man.   But I don’t support everything he says or wants.

Go back and watch the particular segment you are referring to in full context and please tell me how you interpret him saying "shoot disinfectant into your veins."  I watched the full daily briefing that the media took off on that from.  Never at any point did I interpret a single thing he said as "shoot disinfectant into your veins."

Really not trying to debate Trump stuff on Smoaky, but you would have to be pretty dumb to think he actually meant to "shoot disinfectant into your veins."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bignasty said:

So now your calling me dumb!!!    Must be talking to Donald Jr.

So answer this.... Do you agree with everything Trump is doing and has done ?

Truth is it doesn’t matter what he does it will be wrong to 45% of the population.  Our country is so divided based on partisan politics Trump could announce a cure for cancer tomorrow and there would be people who would argue it was bad for America.  We can’t stay locked in our homes forever and expect the federal govt to pick up the tab while we wait this thing out.  There is not enough money to go around.  We need to get the economy going again or we will be in worse shape than we are now with the virus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

Go back and watch the particular segment you are referring to in full context and please tell me how you interpret him saying "shoot disinfectant into your veins."  I watched the full daily briefing that the media took off on that from.  Never at any point did I interpret a single thing he said as "shoot disinfectant into your veins."

Really not trying to debate Trump stuff on Smoaky, but you would have to be pretty dumb to think he actually meant to "shoot disinfectant into your veins."

He must get his news from CNN

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bignasty said:

So now your calling me dumb!!!    Must be talking to Donald Jr.

So answer this.... Do you agree with everything Trump is doing and has done ?

If you believe Trump actually suggested that we shoot disinfectant into our veins as a cure, then I stand with him on the dumb comment

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Truth is it doesn’t matter what he does it will be wrong to 45% of the population.  Our country is so divided based on partisan politics

It's funny, the inverse of this is also true. It doesn't matter what Trump does or says, it will be right to 55% of the population.

Both sides just want to win, but neither side can see beyond their opposite and narrow their focus enough to win, or even define what winning is. Both sides are absolutely nuts. The left and the right are the same, their liturgy is just different. The right have public worship of Trump no matter what, the left have public denouncing of Trump no matter what. When it was Obama in office, you could write that same sentence, just swap right-left and trade Trump for Obama and it would still read true. It is so tragic and painful and blatantly obvious that it's comedy.

It's a fool's errand to put your hope and trust into politics and politicians. Spoiler alert: You will be let down. Both the right and the left are just dogs chasing cars. But D.C. and the White House have become an allegorical Gaza Strip for the 21st Century, and neither team will give ground, and it does not matter what destruction and hurt the two sides leave in their wake.

Just imagine how much progress we could make in the economy, in healthcare, in environmental impact/climate change, in EDUCATION, in innovation, on and on ad nauseam, if the left and the right would realize how asinine they both are and shut the f*** up and get out of the way.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 36gut said:

That reads like a plea for a return to monarchy. 

Oh, boy.

Your comment gave my wife a really good laugh and she said to tell you thanks. I don't personally know anyone who would be more opposed to a monarchy or even an oligarchy than I. But I would honestly, no sarcasm, enjoy your commentary on how you arrived at that statement. Perhaps I phrased something improperly that gave you that notion and I could do better next time.

11 hours ago, bignasty said:

He said it.   But I do  believe he was being sarcastic!!!

Not a Dummy here !!!!

There are treatments using UV light.  Dialysis is a form of blood cleansing as well.  There are many options that he was hoping that would cure this vaccine, and if anyone thought to inject disinfectants into their veins then they are dumber than dirt.  No wonder they put warning labels on every freaking product that common sense should be prevalent not to use certain products other than what they were intended to be used for.  There is a reason they have books on the Darwin Award winners.  

I drank the kool aid and voted for the man.  

Good for economy.... yes.    Treating people with respect.... no.    

The best person to lead us through this pandemic... unfortunately he is the hand we were dealt.