The Smoakhouse Forums
Gen7Dragon

Is there an end in sight?

10 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

135 deaths last week. 705 today. That’s about a 500% jump. 

At that rate you’re looking at 3500 next week. Almost 18,000 in two weeks. 

At what point are we no longer overreacting?  

The Flu has the same curve at the start of flu season every single year. 

When the numbers are larger than that of the common cold, then you wouldn't be overreacting. 

• Like 1

Well I’m done. 

I’m not going to argue with people that ignore experts in the field of infectious disease.   And would rather wait til more people die before we do something that may inconvenience them.  Doesn’t count unless we need a mass grave. 

Or trust rogue news reports that probably have an agenda just as sinister as the mainstream media.  And yes..... I do blame the media for some of this.  But conspiracy theories..... I’m out. 

This is about health and quelling the spread of infectious disease.

I pray I’m wrong.  But if I’m not..... wonder how many will own up to their shortsightedness in all this?

I’ll just stick to sports topics  

Peace and health! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Racer55 said:

I wouldn’t always believe the WHO. They regurgitated some info from China at the beginning that said there wasn’t any person to person transmission. Main thing that kinda shocked me was the 33 yr old Dr. li wenlaing (one of the first to warn others and was reprimanded because of it) died from ARDS caused by the virus he got from a patient of his. He was an eye doctor. 

China has a way of dealing with those who step out of their lane.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, Gen7Dragon said:

I was hoping someone with more knowledge than me could shed some light on when sports might resume? Without political or religious opinions. We have an abundance those!

When might sports resume? I don’t have more knowledge but I do have questions. 

I think one major thing that’s not being discussed is the Impact on school funding in Texas going forward. Does loss of jobs impact ability to pay school property taxes? How does closing of businesses impact the local tax base? We already know the state comptroller has revised state revenue estimates in billions of $$$. 

So there’s two of 3 funding components, local and state, potentially being substantially less. Will funding impact extracurricular activities?  I don’t know but it’s something to think about. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Well I’m done. 

I’m not going to argue with people that ignore experts in the field of infectious disease.   And would rather wait til more people die before we do something that may inconvenience them.  Doesn’t count unless we need a mass grave. 

Or trust rogue news reports that probably have an agenda just as sinister as the mainstream media.  And yes..... I do blame the media for some of this.  But conspiracy theories..... I’m out. 

This is about health and quelling the spread of infectious disease.

I pray I’m wrong.  But if I’m not..... wonder how many will own up to their shortsightedness in all this?

I’ll just stick to sports topics  

Peace and health! 

Well said, ppl who think it isn't bad wonder how they'd feel if they lost a loved one to this virus

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JETT said:

Well said, ppl who think it isn't bad wonder how they'd feel if they lost a loved one to this virus

As someone who has lost their soulmate 20 years ago, it matters not whether COVID-19 kills them, or the regular flu, or a piano falling from 100 stories up; They are dead, & they aren’t coming back...

This situation is bad, but it it ISNT as bad as the Flu, which kills about 30,000 Americans each YEAR. 

This crisis is a means of getting rid of President Donald Trump; Impeachment didn’t do it, so now we have COVID-19 & panic over toilet paper... Wake up, People.🙄

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This crisis is a means of getting rid of President Donald Trump; Impeachment didn’t do it, so now we have COVID-19 & panic over toilet paper... Wake up, People.🙄

Get real.

Do you think Italy gives two rips about Trump?? Spain?   UK?   This is worldwide.  Panic is worldwide.  Death toll is worldwide.  

Saying this virus has anything to do with trying to get rid of the president Is absolutely insane. 

BTW.... over 200 more American deaths just since yesterday.  In less than 24 hours.   Still accelerating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mavchamp said:

Get real.

Do you think Italy gives two rips about Trump?? Spain?   UK?   This is worldwide.  Panic is worldwide.  Death toll is worldwide.  

Saying this virus has anything to do with trying to get rid of the president Is absolutely insane. 

BTW.... over 200 more American deaths just since yesterday.  In less than 24 hours.   Still accelerating. 

Insanity all around...

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

Insanity all around...

Clearly. 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:08 PM, Eagleborn said:

Those numbers have gone up just in the past hour. And they’ll continue to rise as more test are made available. 

I check the running total everyday.  https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html  .  Texas now has as of 2 pm 1023 infections with 12 deaths at 1.17% mortality rate.  My brother stated that Nacogdoches now has 1 case reported.  The U.S. has a higher mortality rate by 0.21% with 60,115 infections with 827 deaths.  We'll see how those numbers are at the end of next week.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

with 827 deaths.  We'll see how those numbers are at the end of next week.  

Was 135 last week.  I don’t understand why this isn’t alarming people. 

And to think some think it’s purpose is to overthrow the government.  I just can’t.   

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

As someone who has lost their soulmate 20 years ago, it matters not whether COVID-19 kills them, or the regular flu, or a piano falling from 100 stories up; They are dead, & they aren’t coming back...

This situation is bad, but it it ISNT as bad as the Flu, which kills about 30,000 Americans each YEAR. 

Like I've said plenty of times, we deal with the flu yearly, we dont deal with these deadly to the elderly viruses every year... flu and COVID-19 are different... your right you need to wake up

8 minutes ago, JETT said:

Like I've said plenty of times, we deal with the flu yearly, we dont deal with these deadly to the elderly viruses every year... flu and COVID-19 are different... your right you need to wake up

The flu doesn’t kill the elderly too?

9 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The flu doesn’t kill the elderly too?

Is the flu a virus or disease from China? 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Was 135 last week.  I don’t understand why this isn’t alarming people. 

And to think some think it’s purpose is to overthrow the government.  I just can’t.   

>March 6
>March 17
>March 21
>March 24
>March 25
468,291 and the day isn't even over yet

Its just the flu bro.  

1 minute ago, Greezychef said:

>March 6
>March 17
>March 21
>March 24
>March 25
468,291 and the day isn't even over yet

Its just the flu bro.  

👌🤨

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Get real.

Effectively 3.4 BILLION people worldwide are under lockdown.  But yeah, clearly this is about getting Trump.   

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JETT said:

8 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

👌🤨

Can't answer the question I see

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

Watch it. That’s racist. 

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Watch it. That’s racist. 

I love Chinese food

I just wonder how many have to die before the light comes on for those that think this is all a hoax.

10,000?  100,000?  1,000,000?

I'm guessing none based on what I'm seeing here.  They won't ever be convinced.

They will form new deflections.  New conspiracy theories.

Because worldwide.... virologists, epidemiologists, infection disease experts, geneticists, etc, etc, etc are fooling the world population into martial law instead of just trying to prevent deaths.

Oh... and Trump.  Can't forget him.  They want him gone.... they have time for that.

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

I love Chinese food

Kung Pao Coochy you sly devil

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

I just wonder how many have to die before the light comes on for those that think this is all a hoax.

Because worldwide.... virologists, epidemiologists, infection disease experts, geneticists, etc, etc, etc are fooling the world population into martial law instead of just trying to prevent deaths.

Oh... and Trump.  Can't forget him.  They want him gone.... they have time for that.

What was the protocol during the H1N1 pandemic? It was nasty stuff wasn’t it? Where was the mass hysteria then? Honest question. I’m not being a smart azz. 

3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

A few on here are know it alls, they run around in circles together on a daily basis