The Smoakhouse Forums
Gen7Dragon

Is there an end in sight?

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What was the protocol during the H1N1 pandemic? It was nasty stuff wasn’t it? Where was the mass hysteria then? Honest question. I’m not being a smart azz. 

Stop trying to flip the script 

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Kung Pao Coochy you sly devil

Lmfao :rofl:

Just now, JETT said:

Stop trying to flip the script 

No answer I see. Practice what you preach. Lol

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

No answer I see. Practice what you preach. Lol

Your going back 10 + years ago... situation was handled better I'm sure, and this virus will likely surpass that with the way they're handling it

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Your going back 10 + years ago... situation was handled better I'm sure, and this virus will likely surpass that with the way they're handling it

Governor Cuamo is praising Trump’s response. He will probably commit suicide with two shots to the back of the head for it though. 

• Like 1

What was the protocol during the H1N1 pandemic? It was nasty stuff wasn’t it? Where was the mass hysteria then? Honest question. I’m not being a smart azz. 

Exponential spread..... that's the difference. EXPONENTIAL.  It's not just "normal viral spread".  

Just in the USA....less than 48 hours ago..... we were sitting at 535 deaths.  It's 929 right now.... we still have several hours left in the day.  Will likely be over 1000 before the day is done.  That's 100% increase.

Flu doesn't spread that fast..... it's slower and more deliberate.   Flu it doesn't  live outside the body as long as this does, which increases transmission even more.  

But the KEY word is exponential.  The wave hasn't even hit yet.  This is still early.  

A little inconvenience to quell that tsunami.... and maybe save some lives seems worth it to me.  I value life.  I'm a healthcare worker.  Everyone deserves the best chance to stay healthy. 

The wonton disvalue of life by some is...... (I'll just call a spade a spade) NOT pleasing to God.

God help us.  Nothing should be more important than life.

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Exponential spread..... that's the difference. EXPONENTIAL.  It's not just "normal viral spread".  

Just in the USA....less than 48 hours ago..... we were sitting at 535 deaths.  It's 929 right now.... we still have several hours left in the day.  Will likely be over 1000 before the day is done.  That's 100% increase.

Flu doesn't spread that fast..... it's slower and more deliberate.   Flu it doesn't  live outside the body as long as this does, which increases transmission even more.  

But the KEY word is exponential.  The wave hasn't even hit yet.  This is still early.  

A little inconvenience to quell that tsunami.... and maybe save some lives seems worth it to me.  I value life.  I'm a healthcare worker.  Everyone deserves the best chance to stay healthy. 

The wonton disvalue of life by some is...... (I'll just call a spade a spade) NOT pleasing to God.

Appreciate your field of work, my wife is a nurse and times are bad right now

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Governor Cuamo is praising Trump’s response. He will probably commit suicide with two shots to the back of the head for it though. 

O lord

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I agree. Nothing is more important than life. You seem sincere. I’m just a little annoyed by certain liberals who are all about life now but are all in for abortion. Just weeks ago this same Senate were actually debating on whether or not a doctor should or shouldn’t provide aid to a infant that survived a late term abortion. Hard to take them serious. At least for me it is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

O lord

That’s right. Only the Lord can help him avoid that suicide. 

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

Appreciate your field of work, my wife is a nurse and times are bad right now

She Asian? Asian chick in a nurses uniform. Good gawd

I agree. Nothing is more important than life. You seem sincere. I’m just a little annoyed by certain liberals who are all about life now but are all in for abortion. Just weeks ago this same Senate were actually debating on whether or not a doctor should or shouldn’t provide aid to a infant that survived a late term abortion. Hard to take them serious. At least for me it is. 

I agree....politicians are stupid.

But.....to be frank.... abortion (and carbon emmissions and business) has dic-k to do with this.

Nada. Nothing.  Zip.  Zero.

So ignoring the expert warnings..... because we're pissed at congressmen is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

It's like being mad about the letter 7 not tasting like tacos.

Seriously.  

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

I agree....politicians are stupid.

But.....to be frank.... abortion (and carbon emmissions and business) has dic-k to do with this.

Nada. Nothing.  Zip.  Zero.

So ignoring the expert warnings..... because we're #### at congressmen is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

It's like being mad about the letter 7 not tasting like tacos.

Seriously.  

I love tacos. Seriously love them. 

Can’t we all just get along?

Can we inconvenience ourselves without complaining to save some lives?

I know having the barber shop and Academy closed ruins people's lives.... but if it saves a few.... can we just do it?

Asking for anyone that may be one of those unlucky ones.  It might be me...or you... or someone we love.

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Can we inconvenience ourselves without complaining to save some lives?

I know having the barber shop and Academy closed ruins people's lives.... but if it saves a few.... can we just do it?

Asking for anyone that may be one of those unlucky ones.  It might be me...or you... or someone we love.

I’m sure you are busting your tail off along with every other healthcare worker. You should be commended. I’m sure you don’t do it for the money but your field isn’t hurting economically speaking. You’re hurting in other ways. That being said, a little more pity should be showed to those in the service industry. Workers and employers. Not talking about the Walton family but all those mom and pop shops that will not make it. Bad deal all the way around. 

Are gun stores being allowed to stay open? I figure when I get the corona checks for me, the wife and kids, I’m gonna go buy me a new AR-15. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I love tacos. Seriously love them. 

I’ve got a great 7 recipe....😜

Like I said yesterday....

Compassionate conservatism is dead.  

I'm ashamed of what our nation has become.

Making jokes...... nothing funny about this. 

It should have every Christian on their knees praying and begging for forgiveness and grace.

Not propping up political idealogies.

Ashamed.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Facebook wasn’t near as popular back then. 

• Like 1

Anyone unhappy with Trump’s response must be absolutely livid with Congress.  I’m not thrilled with the Repubs, but the Dems have really shamed themselves (1- example, 25 Million for the Kennedy Art Center in a CV-19 Relief Bill - C’mon man).

Between Trump’s efforts and the American people we’ll get through this.  Read a great quote today, that seems pertinent, so I’ll share with y’all.  

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies within you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

>March 6
>March 17
>March 21
>March 24
>March 25
468,291 and the day isn't even over yet

Its just the flu bro.  

No, it's not as deadly as the flu.

'17-18 Flu season - the morality rate was at or above epidemic rate for 16 consecutive weeks, peaking with 4 consecutive weeks at our above 10% mortality with a high of 10.8%.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

So using CDC numbers Covoid19 is about 1/5 as deadly as the flu was in 2017.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

No, it's not as deadly as the flu.

'17-18 Flu season - the morality rate was at or above epidemic rate for 16 consecutive weeks, peaking with 4 consecutive weeks at our above 10% mortality with a high of 10.8%.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

So using CDC numbers Covoid19 is about 1/5 as deadly as the flu was in 2017.

Thank you for proving my point!👏😋

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Like I said yesterday....

Compassionate conservatism is dead.  

I'm ashamed of what our nation has become.

Making jokes...... nothing funny about this. 

It should have every Christian on their knees praying and begging for forgiveness and grace.

Not propping up political idealogies.

Ashamed.  

Somewhat agree. This has nothing to do with Trump or politics at all. 

We should all pray that everyday!

I'm compassionate about all loss of life, I just don't think this particular big kills us any worse than some of our common foes.

• Thanks 1