3a football 2020 season sleeper's and favorite's convo

lionpride08

D1

Favorites

I: Hard to go against Brock. Lost 3 games all year and it’s by 10, 6 and 1...and they avenged 1 of those in the playoffs.

II: This region has a bunch of good teams...like a bunch a bunch. But I’ve always went by the philosophy of until they are eliminated you’ve gotta still go with the champs and so Grandview it is. They’ll have earned it if they win it all again out of region 2.

III: I think this one could potentially be wide open and wouldn’t be totally surprised if a sleeper wins it but you have to think Yoe, Troy and district 11 as a whole are pleased with realignment. Whoever wins that district is probably the favorite.

IV:....crickets, crickets....umm last years last 2 teams standing now reside in a different region so this thing is WIDE OPEN. Don’t know if anyone down there will be able to play with region 3 in the semi’s. 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Pewitt will be tough, but we have a tough row to hoe. Plenty of starters coming back.  We will have to see if Coach Strickland can motivate them in the same manner Coach Abron did. Lots of unknowns concerning that. Pre District is a killer. District on the other hand is a little easier. We still have Daingerfield and Hooks moved back down. We handled Hooks fairly good last year and they won their 3AD2 district. I’m a little concerned about what kind of shape the boys will be in with no off season. Plus not really building a relationship with Coach Strickland due to the school closures. That’s a problem every community will have on the other hand. I just hope this nightmare is over come August. It’s getting worse everyday it seems like. Good luck to everyone. 

places with new coaches and especially those with new schemes are going to be in a tough spot with this. Even if they allow extra work in the fall preseason it still cant replace seeing some of that in spring and guys having an idea for 6 months of what to expect

1 hour ago, WOBooster said:

places with new coaches and especially those with new schemes are going to be in a tough spot with this. Even if they allow extra work in the fall preseason it still cant replace seeing some of that in spring and guys having an idea for 6 months of what to expect

If I was the Pewitt guy then I would just do what they did last year this season with my really talented group. If was going to make major schematic changes then I would wait to year two.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If I was the Pewitt guy then I would just do what they did last year this season with my really talented group. If was going to make major schematic changes then I would wait to year two.

They aren't as talented as advertised so dont believe all the hype.

4 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

They aren't as talented as advertised so dont believe all the hype.

The senior class is good. There will be a drop off after that.

I don’t remember junior or sophomore class being anything special, and the incoming freshman class is weak.

12 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Yeah I don’t think anyone will be sleeping on them lol. 

I was just kidding. Keeping most of our skill positions, but losing our line. Last year was tough. We shut Gunter down, with the exception of a missed tackle for 70 yds, and a DB falling down for 40 yds. I feel like if we play that game 10 times, we win at least 8. That being said, Gunter was the best team that night! Tough loss, but take it and move on. Still have plenty of talent coming up. Should be fun! 

On 3/25/2020 at 11:26 PM, villagegenius said:

D1

Favorites

I: Hard to go against Brock. Lost 3 games all year and it’s by 10, 6 and 1...and they avenged 1 of those in the playoffs.

II: This region has a bunch of good teams...like a bunch a bunch. But I’ve always went by the philosophy of until they are eliminated you’ve gotta still go with the champs and so Grandview it is. They’ll have earned it if they win it all again out of region 2.

III: I think this one could potentially be wide open and wouldn’t be totally surprised if a sleeper wins it but you have to think Yoe, Troy and district 11 as a whole are pleased with realignment. Whoever wins that district is probably the favorite.

IV:....crickets, crickets....umm last years last 2 teams standing now reside in a different region so this thing is WIDE OPEN. Don’t know if anyone down there will be able to play with region 3 in the semi’s. 

I think gladewater will have a great shot at winning it all 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

I was just kidding. Keeping most of our skill positions, but losing our line. Last year was tough. We shut Gunter down, with the exception of a missed tackle for 70 yds, and a DB falling down for 40 yds. I feel like if we play that game 10 times, we win at least 8. That being said, Gunter was the best team that night! Tough loss, but take it and move on. Still have plenty of talent coming up. Should be fun! 

Not often we hear woulda coulda shoulda from Canadian folks. Gunter had a slow start like they did in some other games.  Finished the game on a 24-3 run. Solid win even with the extra play at the end.  Yep, shut Gunter down other than those 27 points they scored.  

6 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Not often we hear woulda coulda shoulda from Canadian folks. Gunter had a slow start like they did in some other games.  Finished the game on a 24-3 run. Solid win even with the extra play at the end.  Yep, shut Gunter down other than those 27 points they scored.  

I totally agree !!  Well said GT. Facts are facts. 

8 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Easy now! Every team says coulda, woulda, shoulda after a tough loss. We lost, fair and square. Were completely outplayed in the second half! No need to get all upset. I was referring to stats, and watching the game live. I also said y’all were the better team that night. No disrespect meant or intended. Hopefully we meet again this year!

On 3/31/2020 at 7:40 AM, Airitout1 said:

Easy now! Every team says coulda, woulda, shoulda after a tough loss. We lost, fair and square. Were completely outplayed in the second half! No need to get all upset. I was referring to stats, and watching the game live. I also said y’all were the better team that night. No disrespect meant or intended. Hopefully we meet again this year!

Something to talk about besides how flat the curve gets. 

13 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Something to talk about besides how flat the curve gets. 

What all do y’all bring back this year? Will be hard to replace reed and Lowe, but I’m sure y’all have it covered. 

I’m thinking it will end up being Canadian, Gunter, ???, and Franklin. 

I think region 3 is a toss up.