We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Astros legend, Jimmy "The Toy Cannon" Wynn. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

Wild74

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I saw him a few times in the Astrodome  ... one of my favorite players ... R.I.P.  ...

You remember those two seats at the Astrodome that had a Toy Cannon and a Rooster painted on them for Jim Wynn and Doug Radars mammoth shots. I always wonder who got those chairs when they shut the place down. 

50 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

You remember those two seats at the Astrodome that had a Toy Cannon and a Rooster painted on them for Jim Wynn and Doug Radars mammoth shots. I always wonder who got those chairs when they shut the place down. 

Yes. I bet they are worth something now ....

I still have an Astros bobble head and a small Astros bat .... packed away somewhere  .... I took my Dad to see the Astros play The Dodgers when Tommy Lasorda was their manager ... it's was the only time my Dad ever saw a major league baseball game ... he would be 101 if he was still alive ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I heard they were given to the players.  

• Like 1

Image may contain: 1 person, sittingDoug "Red Rooster" Rader and Jimmy "Toy Cannon" Wynn sitting either side of the specially painted seat commemorating the mammoth home run Wynn hit in April 1970. The missle landed in the upper deck (gold seats) above left field. Rader had hit one in the same section earlier that month.

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I seen where Jim Wynn family or maybe before he died decide to give the chair to the Houston Hall Of Fame Hall a Minute Made.

I heard that on the radio, but I wasn't able to confirm it via any news article.  They said it was actually in the stands, but unless I see a photo of it or proof I wasn't taking their word on it, because they've been wrong on several occasions. 

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I heard that on the radio, but I wasn't able to confirm it via any news article.  They said it was actually in the stands, but unless I see a photo of it or proof I wasn't taking their word on it, because they've been wrong on several occasions. 

I seen it on twitter and then couldn't find it again

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I never did get a foul or home run ball from the many times I saw games in the Astrodome  ...  I came close a few times, but never got my hands on one  ... Rusty Staub hit one just over my outstretched hands ...

I have only been to two games at the Astrodome.  I used to attend a lot of Rangers games back in the 90's though.  I always went early for batting practice, because that was the best time to get home run balls.  I have one from Pudge and Juan Gonzalez during batting practice.  I also have a baseball that Bucky Dent tossed to me in a game when he was the first base coach for the Rangers that one is the most special to me since I grew up a Yankees fan, and played 2nd base on several of my little league teams.  Of course none of them can be authenticated so they only have value to me.   It's odd to think that we should be watching baseball right now.  Opening Day was supposed to be last Thursday, and who knows now.