Illegal Aliens

Sportsfanatic1

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Not hinting at anything other than the fact that trolling is not allowed here.

Yeah but responding is, just cause you get deep in your feelings is a personal issue not a mods... so carry on 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Anybody else think that @JETT and @CarthDawg77 take fishing trips together on the side of a mountain. All this back and forth might be for show to throw us off? I can’t tell. 

57624CE8-C49F-4574-9A90-01F4CC6E44C4.gif

I thought that about you and kirt... figured he took you up there and taught you a thing or 2 about misusing certain words lmfao 

Immigrants without Social Security numbers

You don't have to be a U.S. citizen to get a payment. But you do need a valid Social Security number.

That means immigrants with green cards and those on H-1B and H-2A visas will get payments. Nonresident aliens, temporary workers and immigrants in the U.S. illegally won't.

40 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

'There Won’t Be Anyone to Harvest the Crops.' Coronavirus Travel Bans Squeeze Migrant Labor

https://time.com/5805487/migrant-labor-food-production-coronavirus-covid19/

I wonder why the sentence is never finished.  Let me see if I can correct it:  "There won't be anyone to harvest the crops for slave wages."

I think that about does it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Immigrants without Social Security numbers

You don't have to be a U.S. citizen to get a payment. But you do need a valid Social Security number.

That means immigrants with green cards and those on H-1B and H-2A visas will get payments. Nonresident aliens, temporary workers and immigrants in the U.S. illegally won't.

I am going to stick with my original change of mind. LOL. If you are NOT a US Citizen, you don't get stimulus money. You may pay taxes in the US, but at the same time, if we were working in Germany, Mexico, China, Japan, Egypt--would they be giving us money because of an economic downturn caused by virus? If you are NOT trying to become a US citizen and are working in this country, then you shouldn't get US money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I am going to stick with my original change of mind. LOL. If you are NOT a US Citizen, you don't get stimulus money. You may pay taxes in the US, but at the same time, if we were working in Germany, Mexico, China, Japan, Egypt--would they be giving us money because of an economic downturn caused by virus? If you are NOT trying to become a US citizen and are working in this country, then you shouldn't get US money. 

If ppl are working here and paying taxes then they should be in line as well to get a check... it's their money anyway they paid in they should get paid back.... JMHO

8 minutes ago, JETT said:

If ppl are working here and paying taxes then they should be in line as well to get a check... it's their money anyway they paid in they should get paid back.... JMHO

We all have opinions, and you are entitled to you, but remember "opinions are like noses, everyone has one". LOL

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

We all have opinions, and you are entitled to you, but remember "opinions are like noses, everyone has one". LOL

I could understand if ppl were here not paying taxes then hell no they dont need a stimulus check... but if they are paying in they should be in line as well as the rest.... I agree about the opinion part of your response 

1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

I suspect Jett that produce prices in the stores are about to go thru the roof. We don’t deserve their hard labors. Where will the consumer throw darts then?

My wife went to the grocery market yesterday and organic eggs are usually around $3-4 dozen, they went up to $7 something.... I'll start buying from the ppl who sale out of their yard if the prices stay that way

Our extended family already grows a lot of our own produce. Kind of a tradition with us. We also got some local folks we've been bartering with for some years now. Glad to be giving them even more business these days. 

Growing your own's the way to go. If there's a few silver linings in this, I hope it helps more people strive to become more independent of the consumerist leviathan.

It needs you more than you need it. 

2 hours ago, JETT said:

My wife went to the grocery market yesterday and organic eggs are usually around $3-4 dozen, they went up to $7 something.... I'll start buying from the ppl who sale out of their yard if the prices stay that way

That's because people are hoarding eggs like toilet paper.  I'm good on eggs, because I don't care for them.  When I have bought them half the time they spoil.  I know Aldi's had them the last I checked, and they were only 99 cents a dozen.  

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Our extended family already grows a lot of our own produce. Kind of a tradition with us. We also got some local folks we've been bartering with for some years now. Glad to be giving them even more business these days. 

Growing your own's the way to go. If there's a few silver linings in this, I hope it helps more people strive to become more independent of the consumerist leviathan.

It needs you more than you need it. 

I saw a friend of mine post today about going to Home Depot and buying soil and seeds for her garden.  People were jumping on her for doing so, because in their words it's "not essential".  March and April are planting season in Houston, and having food is essential especially if people aren't making money.  I swear some people are dense.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

I saw a friend of mine post today about going to Home Depot and buying soil and seeds for her garden.  People were jumping on her for doing so, because in their words it's "not essential".  March and April are planting season in Houston, and having food is essential especially if people aren't making money.  I swear some people are dense.  

Not to mention it’s none of their business...

11 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's because people are hoarding eggs like toilet paper.  I'm good on eggs, because I don't care for them.  When I have bought them half the time they spoil.  I know Aldi's had them the last I checked, and they were only 99 cents a dozen.  

I like organic or free range, best eggs on planet hands down