Trump Messing Over Michigan?

BarryLaverty

Sure sounds like it, because he didn't like some uppity Democratic woman asking for help for her state. He will seal his fate for November, unless Pence smooths things over and makes things right, but most importantly, do we really need somebody that petty and small deciding other people's fates? Sigh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-coronavirus-feud-032411002.html

HuffPost

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Says Medical Vendors Told Not To 'Send Stuff' To Michigan

HuffPost

President Donald Trump’s latest target, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, told a radio station Friday that medical supply vendors informed her they’ve been told “not to send stuff” to her state amid the battle against COVID-19.

Whitmer, a Democrat, didn’t say if the orders were coming from the White House or if vendors may have been intimidated by Trump’s feud with the governor. But she did appear to link the problem to the president because she told WWJ-AM in Detroit that she tried Thursday night to call the White House to discuss the issue.

She couldn’t get through to Trump, who was at the time trashing Whitmer — whom he referred to as “that young ... woman governor from Michigan” — to Sean Hannity on Fox News. “We don’t like to see the complaints,” Trump said in a phone interview.

Whitmer told WWJ: “When the federal government told us that we needed to go it ourselves [on medical supplies], we started procuring every item we could get our hands on. But what I’ve gotten back is that vendors with whom we had  contracts are now being told not to send stuff here to Michigan.”

She added: “It’s really concerning. I reached out to the White House last night, asked for a phone call with the president, ironically at the time that all this other stuff was going on.”

Whitmer told CNN later in the day that the state’s shipments of personal protective equipment are being “canceled” or “delayed” — and sent instead to the federal government. She said it’s happening to other states as well.

Trump’s willingness to punish a state’s residents amid a pandemic over a feud with a governor appeared evident in a statement at his press briefing Friday. The president said he had instructed Vice President Mike Pence, who heads up the president’s coronavirus task force, not to call the governors of Washington or Michigan. The two states have among the highest number of coronavirus cases in the nation, and Michigan is experiencing a dramatic spike in cases from 350 a week ago to nearly 3,000 Friday.

“I say, ‘Mike, don’t call ... the woman in Michigan. It doesn’t make any difference what happens,’” Trump said.

Whitmer told WWJ that she has been critical of the weak federal response to her state’s needs amid the fight against rising COVID-19 cases but that other governors have also complained about the lack of “federal preparation.” She complained earlier this week that the number of masks and gowns sent to her state by the federal government was barely enough to cover a single shift at a besieged hospital. The state hasn’t received a single ventilator despite a critical need.

“I’ve been uniquely singled out,” Whitmer said. “I don’t go into personal attacks. I don’t have time for that, I don’t have energy for that, frankly. All of our focus has to be on COVID-19 right now.”

She said she remained thankful to Pence, with whom she has a “really good working relationship.”

Trump said at his press briefing that he expects governors to be “appreciative” for any federal help.

Whitmer has asked the president for an emergency declaration in her state, which frees up funds and other aid. But the president told Hannity: “She doesn’t get it done, and we send her a lot. Now she wants a declaration of emergency, and, you know, we’ll have to make a decision on that.” He claimed, though, that he “loves” the people of Michigan, a swing state where Trump beat Hillary Clinton in 2016 by less than 11,000 votes.

Whitmer’s office could not immediately be reached by the HuffPost to provide more details on the governor’s comment about vendors. A spokesperson declined to comment further to Crain’s Detroit Business.

Michigan emergency room doctor Rob Davidson posted an angry video on Twitter before his shift Thursday defending Whitmer and attacking Trump.

Heading in for my night shift in the ER here in #Michigan and while @realDonaldTrump is attacking @GovWhitmer on cable news, I’m still using 1 paper mask/shift because Trump won’t use the #DPANow to get me #PPE. Still not enough tests. #NeveraHoax

Embedded video

• Roll Eyes 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Isn't she the same one that said " everyone should lock arms" to fight the virus?

POOR CHOICE OF WORDS – MICHIGAN GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER: ‘LOCK ARMS’ TO FIGHT CORONAVIRUS

Isn't trump the one that said this was a hoax?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-remove-video-saying-coronavirus-hoax-2020-3

3 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Yes it’s the New Democrat hoax...

Throughout late February, Trump also continued to claim the situation was improving. On Feb. 26, he said: “We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” On Feb. 27, he predicted: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” On Feb. 29, he said a vaccine would be available “very quickly” and “very rapidly” and praised his administration’s actions as “the most aggressive taken by any country.”

“We’re talking about a much smaller range” of deaths than from the flu, he said on March 2. “It’s very mild,” he told Hannity on March 4. On March 7, he said, “I’m not concerned at all.” On March 10, he promised: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

And he was listening to the WHO the whole time like any POTUS would. So libs your just like your liberal news sites your lying when you quote these liberal links that it takes awhile to gather what you like for your lib agenda.

#landslide2020Trump

#getleftoutbynotjoningtrumptrain2020

blob.png

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Good grief fellas. I was a little worried so I read the piece of shyt article. Just because the Governor believes he ordered it doesn’t mean it’s so. The article even stated no one could say if it actually happened. Another nothing burger. Let’s see what potential scandal #112,714 claims. I’ll give it to you guys. Y’all won’t quit. 

Exactly, nowhere in that article does it say Trump told the vendors.  It could be the cdc directing the materials to the hotspots.  

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Good grief fellas. I was a little worried so I read the piece of shyt article. Just because the Governor believes he ordered it doesn’t mean it’s so. The article even stated no one could say if it actually happened. Another nothing burger. Let’s see what potential scandal #112,714 claims. I’ll give it to you guys. Y’all won’t quit. 

After all, it was linked from yahoo. Just a horrible site to get any news that has validity to it.

Barry and his hit pieces--I have read on here by several--don't trust politicians, and yet here we have another one running off at the mouth and all the liberals do is take the bait and run with it. Don't have to have proof, just someone said it. So sad the hatred of this country towards one another. SMH. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, Wild74 said:

Sounds more like the dimwits are going to lose Michigan again

I'm starting to doubt it.  My wife and co-workers,  who never pay attention to politics,  have started to watch the daily presidents news conference on the virus.  They don't like what they are hearing.  Like it or not, the president's speech came across wrong on the Michigan and Washington virus aid topic.  Now the president is talking about his press conference ratings during times like this.  

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Yep.....

0F503621-971B-4365-8B89-E554AAC0376D.png

40992B43-50AF-4DDA-85A6-AB4144EEB224.png

03853D89-17E1-42AA-9B3C-EA995E3E20A9.png

9836EE38-2646-493C-8E50-A2329A5D962C.png

What does he expect ?  Half the nation is at home.  Then he shuts us down for another month ?  I seriously doubt I'll be around much longer especially with the websites down where you're trying to get some help.  

6 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

If yor schedule permits try and go on at 2am-3am and see what happens.  In the meantime, send me an inbox message with your mailing address and I'll send you a couple of 100's.

I'm not used to staying up that late.  Shoot, I haven't done that in a very long time, but in the situation I am in I might just stay up that late.