The Return of The Barter Economy; Eggs for Toilet Paper..😏

CarthDawg77

I have eight good hens that just about keep us in eggs .... I could cut and sell/trade firewood off the back 90 for decades ... anybody need any wild hogs? Got plenty of catfish, perch and bass ... 

I bought 24 tomato plants Monday and will have peas and fresh pinto beans ... my wife does a lot of canning ... my wife's sister raises a lot of sweet corn for everyone in our families ... can always take a calf to get processed ...

Ain't too many things these old boys can't do ... cause a country boy can survive ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have eight good hens that just about keep us in eggs .... I could cut and sell/trade firewood off the back 90 for decades ... anybody need any wild hogs? Got plenty of catfish, perch and bass ... 

My brother in law built a new house as you did, first thing he did was plant a bunch of fruit trees and then bought himself some bee hives to pollinate the fruit trees, he also has a hen house. I asked him what he wanted with all that stuff and he said when he retires he is going to set on the side of the road and sell fruit, honey and eggs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

My brother in law built a new house as you did, first thing he did was plant a bunch of fruit trees and then bought himself some bee hives to pollinate the fruit trees, he also has a hen house. I asked him what he wanted with all that stuff and he said when he retires he is going to set on the side of the road and sell fruit, honey and eggs.  

Mickey's dad has people from up north that have dozens of bee hives on his land.  They give him several cases of honey every year.  I am thinking about doing the same thing. There is a lot of white and crimson clover on our land ...

• Like 1

I live in town, but there are enough squirrels in my neighborhood to keep my family alive for years, plus I have been stocking up on dry beans , rice, canned veggies, flour, corn meal, sugar , coffee, etc. for about two or three years... My wife & daughter used to laugh at me & call me a “prepper”; Now they think I’m not such an idjit after all. 😜...Plus, I buy TP & Paper towels & Solo Cups in bulk, so let the government keep me indoors if they want. We ain’t wanting for anything around here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I bought 24 tomato plants Monday and will have peas and fresh pinto beans ... my wife does a lot of canning ... my wife's sister raises a lot of sweet corn for everyone in our families ... can always take a calf to get processed ...

Ain't too many things these old boys can't do ... cause a country boy can survive ....

Do we get to shoot the wild hogs or capture them? 

I have countless relatives and "friends" hounding me to let them hunt on my place.  I let my nephew hunt a few years back and he killed a nice buck, the next year he wanted to bring two friends.  I had to nip it in the bud and only let my sons and grandkids hunt. Only have about 200 acres to hunt.  I let hog hunters hunt a few times but they don't  listen or respect boundaries.  They left gates open, left deep wheel ruts in places I told them not to drive, knocked down fences and left trash everywhere.  No more ....

Sorry you have had problems with people doing #### like that. Personally, when I get an invite like that, I try to leave the place a lot nicer than when I got there. But that is me. 

On the other side, I have 3 12 packs of Angel Soft, and 1 9 pack--listening to offers. LOL