A Little Perspective ...

KirtFalcon

Shocking List of What’s Killed the Most People in 2020

Coronavirus, 21,000 deaths.

Seasonal flu, 113,000.

Malaria, 228,000.

Suicide, 249,000.

Traffic fatalities, 313, almost 314,000 deaths.

HIV/AIDS, 391,000 deaths.

Alcohol related deaths, 581,000.

Smoking-related deaths, 1,162,000.

Cancer deaths, 1,909,000 deaths.

Deaths attributed to starvation, 2,382,000 deaths.

And death by abortion, 9,900,000.

In the first three months of this year, January 1 through March 25th.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/04/01/shocking-list-of-whats-killed-the-most-people-in-2020/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else think they are blowing this coronavirus "crisis" out of proportion?  Maybe we should park all vehicles or ban cigarettes and alcohol for a couple of months ... don't even get me started on abortions ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Anyone else think they are blowing this coronavirus "crisis" out of proportion?  Maybe we should park all vehicles or ban cigarettes and alcohol for a couple of months ... don't even get me started on abortions ...

As I asked earlier, Where was the shutdown for all of the other things that kill Americans?

I still maintain that this is, to a large extent, a manufactured crisis with the Trump Presidency in the crosshairs. Not saying that people aren’t dying, but as you demonstrated in your piece, other things are killing far more people than the Wuhan Virus.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

One thing on the plus side, deaths from car accidents should have a big drop.   

13 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Don't be going crazy and get copenhagen banned

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

As I asked earlier, Where was the shutdown for all of the other things that kill Americans?

I still maintain that this is, to a large extent, a manufactured crisis with the Trump Presidency in the crosshairs. Not saying that people aren’t dying, but as you demonstrated in your piece, other things are killing far more people than the Wuhan Virus.

It's an election year crises. If either side underperforms it will cost them in November.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Just posted on its own thread...sorry! 

No problem Barry, I think that it is funny--while I love a good conspiracy theory--I am hoping that this is just a month or 2 hiatus and we can get back to normal. But falls right into Kirk's thinking. LOL