Hope all my smoakies are feeling well

mightyeagle

Update: I understand they are closing all westbound crossings of the TX/ LA line tomorrow at 8:00 am to non-essential traffic. From the Highway 84 Sabine River Bridge at Joaquin going south, it’s pretty cut and dried. There’s a very limited number of crossing points south of here. Going north, the logistics are quite a bit trickier due to lots of backroads. I can count 10 from deadwood to Waskom, and I’m sure there’s more. 

49 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Update: I understand they are closing all westbound crossings of the TX/ LA line tomorrow at 8:00 am to non-essential traffic. From the Highway 84 Sabine River Bridge at Joaquin going south, it’s pretty cut and dried. There’s a very limited number of crossing points south of here. Going north, the logistics are quite a bit trickier due to lots of backroads. I can count 10 from deadwood to Waskom, and I’m sure there’s more. 

I’ve heard some things at work that make me believe stricter stay at home orders are coming soon. I also have a family member that has an essential job that asked for volunteers to work 14 days without leaving work.  Now they may just be doing this just to caution on the safe side or they could know something we don’t. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Heard they were gonna start using rest area on I-20 as screen point once you get back in Texas. 

Guy I work with said they had it set up at the highway 80 exit. The rest area makes a lot more sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Guy I work with said they had it set up at the highway 80 exit. The rest area makes a lot more sense to me. 

I’m not sure if I’m going back to Louisiana or the DFW area. Neither is a win. Lol. 

You read the comments on the FB page of the link you shared? It’s wild. People as a whole are dumb. 

21 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m not sure if I’m going back to Louisiana or the DFW area. Neither is a win. Lol. 

You read the comments on the FB page of the link you shared? It’s wild. People as a whole are dumb. 

Yeah I don’t understand people. 

20 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Talked to a guy that’s been pulled over twice. And he knows a few that’s been pulled over in Bethany. 

Yea I went over there 3 times this week and they were pulling "some" cars over. As of today they said they are gonna screen all vehicles that are not commercial. They are saying to expect delays on any west bound roads.

15 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yea I went over there 3 times this week and they were pulling "some" cars over. As of today they said they are gonna screen all vehicles that are not commercial. They are saying to expect delays on any west bound roads.

I wonder when they are going to scale back on what’s considered “essential” or say us Texans can’t go over to Louisiana to work. 

One of my work buddies just went through. He didn’t have any issues but he said they were turning people around. 

Work related w papers in one line and through fairly quick. All others in another line and questioned. 

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

One of my work buddies just went through. He didn’t have any issues but he said they were turning people around. 

Work related w papers in one line and through fairly quick. All others in another line and questioned. 

Next they gonna be taking our temperature too

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Next they gonna be taking our temperature too

They already do that for people that work in nursing homes and hospitals.  I'm praying we don't go on full lock down, and they close everything.  While I have stocked up on food there are some perishable items I need not everyday, but about once a week, because they go bad even in the fridge.  Usually those are vegetables.  I don't like to waste food.  I saw the surgeon general ask all states to go on lock down for one week, but that's only for states that are currently already doing so.  He didn't say anything about a full one.  I know they are already cutting back on how many people are allowed in stores.  I know kids are out of school, but I wish the whole family wasn't shopping.  The kids pick up stuff, and then the mom puts it back on the shelf.  None of them are wearing gloves, and even if they did by the time they got to the store I can guarantee they've been contaminated.  I know they're bored too, but that needs to stop.  

• 2 weeks later...

After reading through the order about travel to/from Louisiana, my daughter finally decided to bring our grandson from Shreveport to ET. She was fully prepared to fill out all of the paperwork about where she would be, how long, where she was coming from, etc. This is what she encountered:

Trooper: What's the purpose of the trip?

Daughter: To drop off child (sitting in car seat in back) at his grandparents.

Trooper:  When are you returning to LA?

Daughter: Tomorrow morning.

Trooper: Come on through. Drive safely.

1 hour ago, threejs said:

After reading through the order about travel to/from Louisiana, my daughter finally decided to bring our grandson from Shreveport to ET. She was fully prepared to fill out all of the paperwork about where she would be, how long, where she was coming from, etc. This is what she encountered:

Trooper: What's the purpose of the trip?

Daughter: To drop off child (sitting in car seat in back) at his grandparents.

Trooper:  When are you returning to LA?

Daughter: Tomorrow morning.

Trooper: Come on through. Drive safely.

Wow. 

I am now quarantined for 24 hours at least  One of my co-workers tested positive.  So now I get to stay in my little girls room , and cant leave until my test results come back tomorrow morning.  I feel fine right now.  I don't want to be cooped up in this little room for 2-3 weeks.  

11 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I am now quarantined for 24 hours at least  One of my co-workers tested positive.  So now I get to stay in my little girls room , and cant leave until my test results come back tomorrow morning.  I feel fine right now.  I don't want to be cooped up in this little room for 2-3 weeks.  

Test results are negative.    Yes !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Test results are negative.    Yes !

I donated plasma Thursday for the first time in 32 years.  All of the testing came back fine of course, and they're begging me to come back.  At least that's some income at the present time.  I still hate needles !!