The current price of toilet paper

mellon

It's supply and demand.   When I did see toilet paper on the restocked on the shelves they jacked the price up by $3 or more.  I buy mine at the 99 cent store when I need it, and it's just as good as Angel Soft that I used to use $3.99 for 8 rolls.  I haven't had to buy any during this so I haven't checked to see if they have any, but I know after last weekend after they were stocked up for days they were out on Monday.   

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Remember pay toilets?   You had to insert a dime to use them..  Can’t imagine what they’d charge now.

Remember free air at gas stations? I spoke to the owner of a prominent convenience store in Carthage about this , he told me that he doesn’t own the pay air machine there; a third party company owns & operates it. In other words, they come around and collect their loot once a month.🤬

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Remember pay toilets?   You had to insert a dime to use them..  Can’t imagine what they’d charge now.

I remember those only at airports.  I've seen toilet paper on shelves at all locations.  Even the 99 cent store has my favorite brand and it's only gone up a $1 to $3.99 for 8 rolls.  I'm still good on toilet paper and if need be old telephone books and magazines.  I don't want to use the magazines, because I like reading the old stories.  I think it's strange that SI has gone from a weekly publication to a monthly, but I know there's nothing to report on Sports so to speak, except the old stories that I can still read.  I don't even see that publication on stands anymore, but I used to see the Swimsuit edition on stands, until this year.  Maybe they won't have one.  I didn't plan on purchasing it anyway.  

11 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Remember free air at gas stations? I spoke to the owner of a prominent convenience store in Carthage about this , he told me that he doesn’t own the pay air machine there; a third party company owns & operates it. In other words, they come around and collect their loot once a month.🤬

I do, and the hoses were always working.  I filled up many bike tires, and I even remember the gas station would repair flats on bicycles cheap.  What's strange is the pay machines are always messed up.   Maybe that's why I haven't seen a pay toilet in so long.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Seems the stores are having problems with the supply the fear buying has stopped. Eventually you come to realization that you’re a fool for hoarding products that everyone needs.

I bet no one throws toilet paper in trees this year at Halloween, unless it is Used TP...💩😱

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I bet no one throws toilet paper in trees this year at Halloween, unless it is Used TP...💩😱

They probably will have so much left over that they'll just go ahead and use it.