10000 Hungry Families Show Up To San Antone Food Bank Event

BarryLaverty

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Food insecurity made worse...school districts are feeding kids, until school is 'out' or back in. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/10000-families-visit-san-antonio-food-bank-as-coronavirus-exacerbates-food-insecurity/ar-BB12pTyp

That's why I don't like them destroying food.  It could go to help many needy families that have been forced into unemployment and turned down for SNAP benefits for whatever stupid reason.  Right now, I would say many people need it.  Now we are starting to see the effects of this shutdown, and if it kills more people than the virus then it was the worst thing we could have done.  Everybody is thinking safety, safety, safety, but it comes with a price.  I'd rather die from the virus than starvation or being homeless.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

You would think the gov would help harvest the crops that were earmarked for schools, conventions, etc that are now getting turned under and divert to help in San Antonio, Austin, and America. We need Honore type leaders!

For those of you that think we have a fascist gov, seem to think the answer to problems is more gov. Kinda makes me scratch my head. 

6 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Fascist?  No, I would just like to see the people who want to work the fields be allowed to work the fields.  Where are they know?

You ask the gov to help harvest crops? How on earth do you think they are equipped to do that? The gov is and always will be the worst ran entity in our country. Less of them is better almost every single time. 

3 hours ago, BoHogg said:

You would think the gov would help harvest the crops that were earmarked for schools, conventions, etc that are now getting turned under and divert to help in San Antonio, Austin, and America. We need Honore type leaders!

Farmers and Dairymen make more money to throw it away or destroy it than to give it to the people.  As I stated before, we threw away a lot of vegetables, meat, eggs, milk, butter and all sorts of food products during The Great Depression when people were starving.  https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe30s/crops_17.html  It's happening again.  Instead the food should be used for people.  President Trump thought at one time it would be a good idea to send people groceries instead of food stamps, and that's what we should be doing now.  As I said, people are going to starve to death if they continue this lock down.  

7 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

All this doom and gloom from the leftist, our gov is doing this to our own people. If we stop the shutdown BS them none of this would be happening. 
Side note, people are so dependent.

They’re being trained to depend on Uncle Sugar for all their needs...😡

15 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

All this doom and gloom from the leftist, our gov is doing this to our own people. If we stop the shutdown BS them none of this would be happening. 
Side note, people are so dependent.

When you force people into unemployment, and they have need food or money it has to happen.  I don't know how to "work" the system, so usually by the time I get there the funds are gone or I can't get through to begin with.  I'm still waiting on my stimulus check, because I use the snail mail.  I've never liked direct deposit.  I hate the TEC.