Texas College Pick 4

Stoney

I’ve already given you proof several times that A&M did not just cancel the game because the went to the sec. A&M tried to keep it, and your butthurt leadership made the entire damn big 12 boycott A&M for a couple of seasons in every sport. A&M tried to keep several of the rivalries together, including football, through OOC scheduling and Texas threw a tantrum and said no. Just because you’re leadership put out a press clipping a few years later saying they want the game to continue doesn’t mean jack ####. 

• LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

49 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I we are neighbors who have a beer every year, but I move to a new neighborhood and invite you to still have that same beer every year, but you refuse simply because I move to a new neighborhood.... it’s your fault. Just because you realize years later you were a selfish idiot for refusing to have a beer just because I moved and invite me to have a beer again, doesn’t mean I’m the only one at fault if I refuse.

BOTH teams are responsible for this. You’re a arrogant fool if you believe otherwise. This is a two way problem. 

At the time you guys left Texas couldn’t play oOC in November.  Especially on short notice.  It was impossible, but Texas did try to schedule it for September.  You guys had to have thanksgiving.  Wasn’t possible and That was turned down, so here we sit.  One offering and one saying nay.  Here and now, one saying nay.  

shiner bock anyone?

• Roll Eyes 1

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

At the time you guys left Texas couldn’t play oOC in November.  Especially on short notice.  It was impossible, but Texas did try to schedule it for September.  You guys had to have thanksgiving.  Wasn’t possible and That was turned down, so here we sit.  One offering and one saying nay.  Here and now, one saying nay.  

shiner bock anyone?

No. That’s inaccurate. At the time A&M and mizzou left, the big 12 was short teams meaning the conference schedule was short at the current setup. It had to be altered. It could could have been altered in a way that gave A&M and Texas the game had Texas wanted it. Don’t be coy or naive. We both know Texas runs the big 12. They get literally EVERYTHING they want. If they wanted to keep the game with A&M, it could have happened. Regardless of date. 

if you want to live in a fairytale land and believe that this is 100% A&Ms fault then go ahead. But I think anyone with half a brain is smart enough to realize both parties could have handled this in a way the game continued in some way. Change of date or whatever the case may be. 

• Roll Eyes 1

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No. That’s inaccurate. At the time A&M and mizzou left, the big 12 was short teams meaning the conference schedule was short at the current setup. It had to be altered. It could could have been altered in a way that gave A&M and Texas the game had Texas wanted it. Don’t be coy or naive. We both know Texas runs the big 12. They get literally EVERYTHING they want. If they wanted to keep the game with A&M, it could have happened. Regardless of date. 

if you want to live in a fairytale land and believe that this is 100% A&Ms fault then go ahead. But I think anyone with half a brain is smart enough to realize both parties could have handled this in a way the game continued in some way. Change of date or whatever the case may be. 

It definitely could’ve been handled differently.  I’m not saying it’s always been atms fault, but it is the last couple of years.

• Roll Eyes 1

15 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It definitely could’ve been handled differently.  I’m not saying it’s always been atms fault, but it is the last couple of years.

You’re getting closer.... you’re finally starting to see the truth. 

the truth is this game could have continued from day 1. It didn’t. A&M is on record saying they wanted to keep the game. Fast forward a few years Texas offers the game and A&M is playing hard to get and saying schedule is full. BOTH, like I’ve said to you 1000 times, have had a roll in this. Pride has effected both at one time or another. My question is, why can’t you just admit that? I said from the get go both are at fault. You spend 2-3 post ignoring the Texas roll in this and just bringing up the last 4-5 years. Why not just be admit both are at fault from the get go instead of trying to pin this off on one side? 

• Roll Eyes 1

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’re getting closer.... you’re finally starting to see the truth. 

the truth is this game could have continued from day 1. It didn’t. A&M is on record saying they wanted to keep the game. Fast forward a few years Texas offers the game and A&M is playing hard to get and saying schedule is full. BOTH, like I’ve said to you 1000 times, have had a roll in this. Pride has effected both at one time or another. My question is, why can’t you just admit that? I said from the get go both are at fault. You spend 2-3 post ignoring the Texas roll in this and just bringing up the last 4-5 years. Why not just be admit both are at fault from the get go instead of trying to pin this off on one side? 

No it couldn’t have continued from day 1 as it was.  It couldn’t have continued in November.  Even as you said that left November opening in Texas’ schedule, but the big12 was going to replace the two that left, and did, with two new conference teams that took your slots.  Yes the Big12 said they wouldn’t play y’all after you left, but not because Texas said so.  Because you demanded a bunch of changes in meetings about how things operated then bolted anyway. You also spend post after post ignoring the Ags Role (a roll is served with dinner) 

yes it definitely could’ve been handled differently from the start.  The Aggies could’ve agreed to play in September and prolly gotten A couple of local good oOC series with Baylor, Tech, and TCU.  They didn’t want it that way.  It had to be their way, it cost them.  However from the looks of your oOC scheduling now I’d say they would’ve turned those down too

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

No it couldn’t have continued from day 1 as it was.  It couldn’t have continued in November.  Even as you said that left November opening in Texas’ schedule, but the big12 was going to replace the two that left, and did, with two new conference teams that took your slots.  Yes the Big12 said they wouldn’t play y’all after you left, but not because Texas said so.  Because you demanded a bunch of changes in meetings about how things operated then bolted anyway. You also spend post after post ignoring the Ags Role (a roll is served with dinner) 

yes it definitely could’ve been handled differently from the start.  The Aggies could’ve agreed to play in September and prolly gotten A couple of local good oOC series with Baylor, Tech, and TCU.  They didn’t want it that way.  It had to be their way, it cost them.  However from the looks of your oOC scheduling now I’d say they would’ve turned those down too

Cost em? Yeah, I'm absolutely heart broken that we don't get more trips to Waco and Tech and instead have to settle for games in Clemson, South Bend, and Miami. 😂😂😂

We're doing just fine when it comes to scheduling, constantly playing top schedules. And we STILL make people like you humiliate yourself ranting constantly about not playing Texas . It's win-win. 

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Cost em? Yeah, I'm absolutely heart broken that we don't get more trips to Waco and Tech and instead have to settle for games in Clemson, South Bend, and Miami. 😂😂😂

We're doing just fine when it comes to scheduling, constantly playing top schedules. And we STILL make people like you humiliate yourself ranting constantly about not playing Texas . It's win-win. 

You’re buddy Wetsu was crying about Texas telling the rest of the Big12 to not play the Aggie  so maybe he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about then.  But on the other hand, you have 4 oOC games per year and only play typically one decent team.  This years marquis is Colorado.  North Texas and Fresno state aren’t serious threats but maybe once every 10 years and are mid majors.  Each year you have opportunity to schedule some solid games in your home state but neglect it.  You would be able to keep clemson and Miami (wow!!!) and still schedule P5 teams in your home state..I guess Texas is still telling the P5 Texas teams to not bother with y’all huh???.  That top schedule you brag about is inflated annually by the sec hype that espn pumps out.  

51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would be okay with Oklahoma scheduling a home/home with Texas A&M.

I don’t think it will ever happen, but I would enjoy it.

I too would like to see a home and home between the two. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Is their still a gentleman agreement to not play A&M? I remember Kansas refusing to play Missouri. A rivalry no one talks about.

It would have to be early season unless the Big12 changes their scheduling tactics.  I doubt the whole conference would do it to accommodate one team that left.

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

You’re buddy Wetsu was crying about Texas telling the rest of the Big12 to not play the Aggie  so maybe he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about then.  But on the other hand, you have 4 oOC games per year and only play typically one decent team.  This years marquis is Colorado.  North Texas and Fresno state aren’t serious threats but maybe once every 10 years and are mid majors.  Each year you have opportunity to schedule some solid games in your home state but neglect it.  You would be able to keep clemson and Miami (wow!!!) and still schedule P5 teams in your home state..I guess Texas is still telling the P5 Texas teams to not bother with y’all huh???.  That top schedule you brag about is inflated annually by the sec hype that espn pumps out.  

Ever consider that that's by design? Yes, we could schedule 12 P5 games every year if we wanted to, but no team does that pretty much ever. Our schedules are tough enough as it is with the SEC and 1 P5 opponent, as demonstrated by our strength of schedule every year. 

A few cupcake games are there for a reason, especially the one in November that triggers Big XII fans. 

So who do we want to use that extra P5 game on? Another trip to Lubbock/Waco? Or a more national schedule against teams like Arizona State, Miami, Clemson, etc.? Hmm I know which one I'd choose. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ever consider that that's by design? Yes, we could schedule 12 P5 games every year if we wanted to, but no team does that pretty much ever. Our schedules are tough enough as it is with the SEC and 1 P5 opponent, as demonstrated by our strength of schedule every year. 

A few cupcake games are there for a reason, especially the one in November that triggers Big XII fans. 

So who do we want to use that extra P5 game on? Another trip to Lubbock/Waco? Or a more national schedule against teams like Arizona State, Miami, Clemson, etc.? Hmm I know which one I'd choose. 

And that’s kind of the the same reasoning as to why I don’t think a home/home would happen with A&M. 

Play another game in Texas or play a game in California or some other area that Oklahoma is trying to draw recruits from.

Edit: and no I’m not saying playing in College Station is the same thing as playing in Lubbock or Waco.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

And that’s kind of the the same reasoning as to why I don’t think a home/home would happen with A&M. 

Play another game in Texas or play a game in California or some other area that Oklahoma is trying to draw recruits from.

Edit: and no I’m not saying playing in College Station is the same thing as playing in Lubbock or Waco.

I get it, but the point is the same. OU has been here several times. Would you rather play here yet again or play teams like Ohio State, Tennessee, etc? It's something new and fresh.

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I never understood this. A road game for OU to Cali or Florida or Ohio means nothing for them recruiting those areas. They can’t invite recruits to the game on their dime, they cannot talk to any recruits in attendance, and without having a standing rivalry game, 1 game in a state that you might not be back to for 4-10 years really doesn’t do much in terms of recruiting.

If OU does well recruiting it’s because they are probably in the top 3 most successful teams of all time. Their brand is and has been known around the country for years. It has very little to do with where they choose to play their home and homes. 

35 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I never understood this. A road game for OU to Cali or Florida or Ohio means nothing for them recruiting those areas. They can’t invite recruits to the game on their dime, they cannot talk to any recruits in attendance, and without having a standing rivalry game, 1 game in a state that you might not be back to for 4-10 years really doesn’t do much in terms of recruiting.

If OU does well recruiting it’s because they are probably in the top 3 most successful teams of all time. Their brand is and has been known around the country for years. It has very little to do with where they choose to play their home and homes. 

Back when Miami was, you know, Miami, I remember they had a game against Houston on a Thursday night. While they couldn't do the things you said, a lot of their coaches left the game and spent the rest of the weekend recruiting Texas high schools since they were in the area. Not a bad way to connect with locals maybe after the game.

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Back when Miami was, you know, Miami, I remember they had a game against Houston on a Thursday night. While they couldn't do the things you said, a lot of their coaches left the game and spent the rest of the weekend recruiting Texas high schools since they were in the area. Not a bad way to connect with locals maybe after the game.

I still don’t think that’s enough to make much of an impact. That is to say, I do not believe a kid committed to Miami because they saw the coaches after the game for a few hours one time their junior year... Those kids that committed to Miami committed to Miami because of every other factor. Not the one game in Houston or the couple of hours the recruiters spent with them after. (Those recruiters would have spent that time with them at some point anyway if they were a good enough prospect.) 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

It is a game that is close for kids from those places for their families. 

And honestly I think they think about the fans somewhat when they plan the home and homes. Do you want to travel to Ann Arbor or Athens? Or take another trip to College Station?

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It is a game that is close for kids from those places for their families. 

And honestly I think they think about the fans somewhat when they plan the home and homes. Do you want to travel to Ann Arbor or Athens? Or take another trip to College Station?

I don't disagree one bit. Playing new, fresh teams in new places is fun.