Generators

Stoney

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What should you be looking for when buying one? What’s a decent wattage to go with? 

I’ve seriously been thinking about investing in one for my home. I was in a hardware store yesterday & saw some on display ranging from 3500kw up to around 6500kw, which probably would keep your fridge and some lights on; There was a large unit which should run a whole house. They had it advertised for $5000. Really thinking of going Whole hog & buying the big one.👌😜

• Like 1

Just now, Stoney said:

Upshur Rural talking about Friday before we get power back at the hacienda. With this mess going on with the Corona and the grocery stores, that’s far too long. 

My grandson is working with a tree trimming crew before he starts College in Boulder this fall; he told my daughter that he has seen homes totally demolished by the tornadoes earlier this week. He was sad for those people and at the same time, felt very fortunate that his home was spared.

13 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’ve seriously been thinking about investing in one for my home. I was in a hardware store yesterday & saw some on display ranging from 3500kw up to around 6500kw, which probably would keep your fridge and some lights on; There was a large unit which should run a whole house. They had it advertised for $5000. Really thinking of going Whole hog & buying the big one.👌😜

When i retired and we built our new house a few years back, I put in a 22 KW Generac whole house generator and a 300 gallon propane tank.  It has really been great.  The automatic transfer switch kicked in the generator around 9:15 am after the storm and ran for almost 12 hours before the electricity came back on.  It's been money well spent ...  

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

When i retired and we built our new house a few years back, I put in a 22 KW Generac whole house generator and a 300 gallon propane tank.  It has really been great.  The automatic transfer switch kicked in the generator around 9:15 am after the storm and ran for almost 12 hours before the electricity came back on.  It's been money well spent ...  

I’m thinking of buying the natural gas fired model with the breaker switch that comes on automatically when the purchase power drops offline.

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’m thinking of buying the natural gas fired model with the breaker switch that comes on automatically when the purchase power drops offline.

My wife told me we didn't need ours when I bought it .... she has since changed her tune ....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

36 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I really like that.