1A DIV. 2 PLAYER OF THE YEAR TRANSFERS TO MT. ENTERPRISE.

BlahBlah

On 4/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

It was a good read.  Gives you some insight into small town football and the politics that control it.

You hit that nail on the head.  Football, basketball, and baseball in a small town is analogous to Washington DC when it comes to politics. I’ll stop now before my bp goes out the roof.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having been in this situation a couple of times it sounds like to me that someone from RS that was influential in the community or related to the right people had a kid that did not get to score enough TD's or get the credit that his family thought he deserved.   Lived it and seen it too many times to count.  The oldest thing in the world.  Jealousy.  That and small town politics.  I;ve even seen coaches lose their job because they went to the wrong church.  There is a BUNCH of AWESOME things about small Town Texas.   But make no mistake there is plenty of petty BS too.

7 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Sounds like Mount got taken advantage of . Did their dad join the Carlisle staff? I honestly didn’t hear ?

Carlisle was already in pretty good shape returning 5/7 respectively on a solid playoff team.  Picked to win district.  Getting two high quality players at this level, plus a possible Asst. coach with winning pedigree is the equivalent to winning the lottery on a ticket you found in the parking lot.

16 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

So it seems and I agree with you 100%. At the 2a level one and two players could be the difference. 

The two juniors running that’s backfield from last season were gonna be dynamic this year anyway.  Extra help is always welcome 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:41 PM, RipperRipper said:

Yes sir. Just hope this season comes to fruition. Just hope it's not in the cards to be a contender for a very deep run and the season blows up.

Ripper,I sit and sometimes wonder if this could be the season of what could have been..✌️

• Like 1