Zach Evans Can Probably Go To School Now

Stoney

26 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It's not loading for me.

Basically if your GPA is high enough and you met core course requirements, then you are good to enroll even if your SAT/ACT scores would have held you back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

@Stoney I'm seeing some Zach Evans to TCU smoke??  I figured this one had a few more twists and turns to it.

That might be the most Zach Evans thing he could do. Getcha popcorn ready because the ride ain’t over with yet. Lol

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He probably walks in and starts.  They lost Darius Anderson and that other guy Olinulua (sp?).

No doubt. Saw TCU saying this is their first 5*? You know brother gotta be ticked. No Georgia. No Bama. No A&M or UT. All that to wind up at TCU.

9 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

If true, I don't see him lasting very long there. Patterson won't put up with the shenanigans.

I agree with this 100%. I am surprised Patterson took to be honest. I figured Patterson wouldn’t even let him in the building. I know we’re not supposed to judge people, but having paid attention to his recruitment, the ending of high school career and before there is zero way I’d want him on my team as a coach or fan. I’ll say it again, I am super happy UT did not recruit him.

28 minutes ago, LOL said:

Smart move by the kid to finally choose TCU... If he can maintain a role as the starter, he should be happy and disappear from the headlines until he has a big game.  If he gets passed up, look for him to transfer in January...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree with this 100%. I am surprised Patterson took to be honest. I figured Patterson wouldn’t even let him in the building. I know we’re not supposed to judge people, but having paid attention to his recruitment, the ending of high school career and before there is zero way I’d want him on my team as a coach or fan. I’ll say it again, I am super happy UT did not recruit him.

Man, Patterson is a coach.  A Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Art Briles type.  He will take risks when its needed.  We've seen him cuss out doctors on the sidelines.  We've heard stories of him berating the people that work with him.  You can look at his face and see that he is a dirtbag at times.  

We just put him up on a pedestal because he has been one of those coaches that always gets the best out of lesser talent.  The same way we did with Snyder at K State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Smart move by the kid to finally choose TCU... If he can maintain a role as the starter, he should be happy and disappear from the headlines until he has a big game.  If he gets passed up, look for him to transfer in January...

If he's *smart* he'll stick it out and become a program legend as beloved as LaDainian Tomlinson.

Think about it...   with no real competition at RB1 (and no real "star" elsewhere on the roster), he could be the focal point of the entire offense for the next three years. I'm talking ALL the carries and touches he wants, rolling up big numbers in the Big XII, and be in position for plenty of awards and recognition. 

IF (and that's a big IF) he manages to stay outta trouble, any bad juju he's created up to now would thus be scrubbed clean by playing under a hardass like Patterson, so the NFL would almost certainly come a-callin. 

Like I said...  if he's SMART, this could be the perfect situation for him. But he better wise up quick. 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

If he's *smart* he'll stick it out and become a program legend as beloved as LaDainian Tomlinson.

Think about it...   with no real competition at RB1 (and no real "star" elsewhere on the roster), he could be the focal point of the entire offense for the next three years. I'm talking ALL the carries and touches he wants, rolling up big numbers in the Big XII, and be in position for plenty of awards and recognition. 

IF (and that's a big IF) he manages to stay outta trouble, any bad juju he's created up to now would thus be scrubbed clean by playing under a hardass like Patterson, so the NFL would almost certainly come a-callin. 

Like I said...  if he's SMART, this could be the perfect situation for him. But he better wise up quick. 

Every D1 school in the nation have the people and resources to keep kids passing and out of trouble.  The problem is that some student athletes don't want to pass or stay out of trouble.  They like to toe the line or just erase it completely just to be a thug or pain in the ###.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Every D1 school in the nation have the people and resources to keep kids passing and out of trouble.  The problem is that some student athletes don't want to pass or stay out of trouble.  They like to toe the line or just erase it completely just to be a thug or pain in the ###.  

Yep...  this kid is holding a winning lottery ticket. All he's gotta do is be smart enough to cash it in. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, LOL said:

Got to remember, he's looked so great so far because he's been playing against high school defenses. D1 NCAA is going to be a whole other game. You're talking about him being the only star on the team and thefocal point of the entire offense - What that means is that OU's, K State's, U.T.'s, Texas Tech's, Oklahoma State's, Baylor's defenses, they're all gonna key on him. He better hope Patterson gets him some support. 

15 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Got to remember, he's looked so great so far because he's been playing against high school defenses. D1 NCAA is going to be a whole other game. You're talking about him being the only star on the team and thefocal point of the entire offense - What that means is that OU's, K State's, U.T.'s, Texas Tech's, Oklahoma State's, Baylor's defenses, they're all gonna key on him. He better hope Patterson gets him some support. 

A better OL is what he really needs...  hopefully he can read holes too... Patterson will run him inside.