Arlington ISD to play at Globe Life Park, ditching UTA

Mavchamp

On 4/19/2020 at 4:52 PM, Eagleborn said:

Didn’t realize this many people cared about the rangers lol

It's more about the field staying alive than the Rangers.  I have fond memories of that place, and much like I didn't want to see Texas Stadium be blown up I sure don't want to see the Temple blown up.  It's a beautiful stadium to me, so anything to keep it alive.  

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Good opportunity . I was under the impression the Rangers were tearing the current park down. I am glad they’re aren’t doing like Atlanta did ,and tear down a 20 year stadium. Also you don’t wanna a Houston problem where you have a dilapidated Astrodome either adjacent to a new Stadium.

The Astrodome is the 8th Wonder of the World, and should be used for something rather than to decay.  It wasn't dilapidated before Katrina.  They're using Hirsch again, and it was destroyed by the same evacuees.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's more about the field staying alive than the Rangers.  I have fond memories of that place, and much like I didn't want to see Texas Stadium be blown up I sure don't want to see the Temple blown up.  It's a beautiful stadium to me, so anything to keep it alive.  

That stadium is a furnace in the summer. Hence the reason they couldn’t keep any good arms to make a run. 

5 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I am glad they’re aren’t doing like Atlanta did ,and tear down a 20 year stadium. Also you don’t wanna a Houston problem where you have a dilapidated Astrodome either adjacent to a new Stadium.

I'm pretty sure the Braves old Ballpark is still standing and in use.  I think Georgia State repurposed it into a football stadium and is playing there now.

I also think the City of Houston has decided to do something with the astrodome too.....

Let me research both though.....

• Like 1

Astrodome has a $105 Million dollar plan that would add about 1500 parking spots for the area.

It would also add about 9 acres of event space and about 500,000 sq feet for redevelopment.

It has been approved by the city council, but work hasn't started yet.  

Apparently they are working on drainage issues in the city first.