No Fall Football

Panther89

As more reliable data (from US sources) is made available from increased testing (both “do you have it now” or “have you had it before”) we will find it was here in Q4 2019 and many more Americans were infected and recovered than are in the current data set.  What does that mean for the summer & fall?  UIL will adjust summer workout requirements to allow more coach instruction hours per week.  Game on in the fall with a caveat.  The UIL will also relax live stream and broadcast restrictions so those in the population that are most at risk can see the games live.  My two cents.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Seen where rumors are floating that there might not be any college football. Even Saban has his doubts. If so, does the UIL follow?

UIL presser the other day they made it clear that they wouldn’t follow what NCAA does because the differences in travel, fans.. etc

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, JTFAN99 said:

That isn't exactly how viruses work.  A virus mutates.  Until they find a vaccine or some antibody treatments, it ain't going away unless you quaratine. 

If we actually do a real quaratine for a month instead of what we are doing now, we could actually stop the spread of the disease and get back to normal much quicker.

That's exactly the opposite of what a lot of "experts" are saying .... some top medical experts have said it would have been better to only quarantine high risk people and let the virus run it's course through the rest of the population so people would build up immunity ...  anyway, a total quarantine is all but impossible to impose ....

• Like 2

I think college football and high school football will be played in the fall but I can also guarantee that if there is no college football then there will be no high school football.  The UIL is blowing smoke if they think HS could play if college is canceled .  JMO

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I think college football and high school football will be played in the fall but I can also guarantee that if there is no college football then there will be no high school football.  The UIL is blowing smoke if they think HS could play if college is canceled .  JMO

I kinda agree but you also have to consider the difference in the size of college football attendance compared to high school attendance. 

On 4/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, I heard they revised Jeffrey Epstine's death by suicide to death by Covid 19 ....

They are also looking at the possibilty that JFK had Covid 19 and was about to succumb to that just before he got shot ... might change the cause of death to Covid 19 ... tru up ...

On 4/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, chubbychecker said:

We're gonna find out we shut down the world for much less than 1% when it's all said and done.....

It will kill more than that with healthy people.  I'm already seeing businesses being shuttered and for rent/lease signs in front of the buildings.  This on the first day of a soft open for many of those businesses.  Small towns are run by mom and pop stores, unless they have a Wal Mart.  Think about how many of those places will go out of  business or have to file for bankruptcy to try and survive.  That doesn't even count their small employee base.  When sports are finally back up, you won't see their  signs along the fences or on the scoreboard anymore.  They won't be able to advertise anymore.  I remember when Cammack Drug's in Longview was a huge supporter of the Pine Tree Athletic program, and I'm sure they felt a hit when they finally went out of business.  I know someone will eventually take their place, but how long ? People are thinking about that, they think life is going to go back to normal.  I think this is going to last for a while.  I do think we'll see less infections in the coming months, then once October/November hits, it will be another long fall and winter.   

On 4/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, Panther89 said:

With all this COVID stupidity going on, don't look for their to be any Fall Football in the next school year! I don't foresee and lifting of restrictions on social gatherings anytime soon! 

Gonna be a sad yr if there's no football, I'm looking forward to seeing Ryan Wilkerson play his Sr. Yr

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

This entire thread is heresy and should be locked forthwith!  No fall football?!?!?  Them's fightin' words!

Look, I know my comments are being met with criticism, but I'm just airing on the side of a realist, nothing negative! Maybe there will be Fall Football, and I hope there will be, but this whole COVID nonsense is gonna linger on and on! I hope you and your family are safe and doing great! 

13 hours ago, Panther89 said:

Look, I know my comments are being met with criticism, but I'm just airing on the side of a realist, nothing negative! 

Been saying same thing. Possibility of playing and not playing are close to each other. It is what it is.