No Fall Football

Panther89

On 4/22/2020 at 10:29 PM, Eagleborn said:

Don’t understand why people think that. 

Maybe, because studies have shown that it can be done.  The thing is I know many are taking this lock down seriously, and not allowing their kids or themselves to go outside.  That's what people need to do to stay healthy.  https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/government-scientists-say-sunlight-heat-and-humidity-could-kill-coronavirus

24 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Maybe, because studies have shown that it can be done.  The thing is I know many are taking this lock down seriously, and not allowing their kids or themselves to go outside.  That's what people need to do to stay healthy.  https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/government-scientists-say-sunlight-heat-and-humidity-could-kill-coronavirus

Why doesn’t our body kill it then? 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Why doesn’t our body kill it then? 

Our bodies and immune systems actually change with the seasons, and our immune system is actually its strongest during the spring and summer and why we rarely catch a summer cold.  I will never understand why anyone hates the summer, but I love it.  I love the heat the sweat and cooling off in a pool, lake, or the ocean.  Think about the last time you were sick in the summer.  It rarely happens.  One thing that the heat does is it helps dry out our mucous membranes so it doesn't give viruses and bacteria a place to live and possibly infect the rest of our body.  While mucous also acts as a deterrent this is a new virus.  Many scientists and virologists are actually warning that this may not occur.  We've never seen this one, so until we are able to learn more about it it could react one way or another.  We just don't know.  As was shown in the above article or maybe it was another I have read labs can not produce the same UV rays and humidity to fully know what the summer will do.  My theory, and it's just that based on other data is that we will begin seeing a sharp decline.  As was stated, when the fall arrives our immune systems will begin to decrease as many of you know our fall doesn't truly hit until October, and we rarely have cold months until November.  In Houston it rarely gets cold until December.  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150512112356.htm  .  Read that article, and it does explain a little more about what I'm referring to.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Our bodies and immune systems actually change with the seasons, and our immune system is actually its strongest during the spring and summer and why we rarely catch a summer cold.  I will never understand why anyone hates the summer, but I love it.  I love the heat the sweat and cooling off in a pool, lake, or the ocean.  Think about the last time you were sick in the summer.  It rarely happens.  One thing that the heat does is it helps dry out our mucous membranes so it doesn't give viruses and bacteria a place to live and possibly infect the rest of our body.  While mucous also acts as a deterrent this is a new virus.  Many scientists and virologists are actually warning that this may not occur.  We've never seen this one, so until we are able to learn more about it it could react one way or another.  We just don't know.  As was shown in the above article or maybe it was another I have read labs can not produce the same UV rays and humidity to fully know what the summer will do.  My theory, and it's just that based on other data is that we will begin seeing a sharp decline.  As was stated, when the fall arrives our immune systems will begin to decrease as many of you know our fall doesn't truly hit until October, and we rarely have cold months until November.  In Houston it rarely gets cold until December.  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150512112356.htm  .  Read that article, and it does explain a little more about what I'm referring to.  

Most of the worst cold I have ever gotten have been in the summer for some reason ... tru storie  ....

22 hours ago, Panther89 said:

Look, I know my comments are being met with criticism, but I'm just airing on the side of a realist, nothing negative! Maybe there will be Fall Football, and I hope there will be, but this whole COVID nonsense is gonna linger on and on! I hope you and your family are safe and doing great! 

Haha I'm not criticizing you.  I'm criticizing those that would actually call off next year's football season over this.  Of course I could say more,  but it would be fodder for the political forum.  Go Dawgs.  Going for #8 next year.  Woof woof!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Most of the worst cold I have ever gotten have been in the summer for some reason ... tru storie  ....

Yep.  I think I've had one in all the summers.  I'm not sure it was the cold that made me feel bad or that I couldn't go outside and play sports.  It was when I was a kid.  

UIL council pretty much said in their meeting this morning that they would not take any action on resuming fall sports until NFL, MLB, college football, etc does. 

They did say that if/when summer conditioning and practices being there would likely be some changes to how involved coaches can be (meaning more involvement. Less hour restrictions) because of the loss of time this spring and summer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

UIL council pretty much said in their meeting this morning that they would not take any action on resuming fall sports until NFL, MLB, college football, etc does. 

They did say that if/when summer conditioning and practices being there would likely be some changes to how involved coaches can be (meaning more involvement. Less hour restrictions) because of the loss of time this spring and summer. 

Thanks for sharing.  Pretty much what I expected, especially on the summer workouts and Coach involvement.  No one wants to be the first to announce because of the initial backlash in the media and the negative press it will bring.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:18 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

The number of deaths aren’t exactly accurate from what I’ve heard. 

counties get paid for the number of corona V. deaths. so if they fall off of a 20 story sky c it was probably the virus. 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

This is the second time you have responded to my comment! HAHA! I guess I am in your head! So, it sounds like you should probably move on.

Not likely you freaking idiot! If you're not capable of replying with a logical response, then maybe you should move on.

A friend of mine is high level military and told me that Texas and this part of the U.S. will reach its peak infection rate from early June to mid July. I didn't ask how that was arrived at but it sure looks like (if true) that we may have an abbreviated and delayed regular season for at least the UIL. It'll be cutting it too close for August drills, etc. Envision two scrimmages, no non-district, and just the district slate of games. Add to all the uncertainty the potential for another wave of COVID in November or December and that might throw a wrench into the state playoffs. Not being negative but trying to be as factual as I can based on the information I got. 

• Thumbs Down 2

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 1:28 PM, BleedSandieMaroon said:

A friend of mine is high level military and told me that Texas and this part of the U.S. will reach its peak infection rate from early June to mid July. I didn't ask how that was arrived at but it sure looks like (if true) that we may have an abbreviated and delayed regular season for at least the UIL. It'll be cutting it too close for August drills, etc. Envision two scrimmages, no non-district, and just the district slate of games. Add to all the uncertainty the potential for another wave of COVID in November or December and that might throw a wrench into the state playoffs. Not being negative but trying to be as factual as I can based on the information I got. 

Thank you Rachel Maddow

• LOL! 5

21 minutes ago, player73 said:

Question ? If the Professional’s sports play before empty stadiums, what do you think  the UIL and TEA will do concerning the fall sports ? 

we wont play in empty stadiums...  that would be wasting money.  Literally throwing away money.

2 hours ago, player73 said:

Question ? If the Professional’s sports play before empty stadiums, what do you think  the UIL and TEA will do concerning the fall sports ? 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

we wont play in empty stadiums...  that would be wasting money.  Literally throwing away money.

Show up if you would like or stay at home if that's what you choose. Let the fan(s) decide what they feel is right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1