No Fall Football

Panther89

3 hours ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Thank you Rachel Maddow

First, thank God I'm not a male impersonator like Rachel Madcow. Secondly, I provided what was reported to me because someone in the military, at least to me, is about as credible as you can get.  Yes, if Texas sees a huge spike in cases you bet it will affect fall UIL sports.  Bank on it. I personally think sports need to resume as soon as possible, but public health needs to be considered too. A personal insult hurled at me was uncalled for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Show up if you would like or stay at home if that's what you choose. Let the fan(s) decide what they feel is right. 

It’s 2020. Fan shows up and gets sick fans gonna sue school district. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

It’s 2020. Fan shows up and gets sick fans gonna sue school district. 

Eagle, what if a player or two on the team test positive ?  Will that team have to quarantine their players ? Lots of what ifs. 

There’s no doubt Abbott knows the importance of HS Football in Texas.   Since we’re currently in an “open up” process of stages, if it goes well I think there’ll be a good chance of opening schools.   And if schools are open, I can see no reason why you couldn’t have HS Sports.   There’s as much contact in the halls of most schools when the bell rings, as there is on any football field.   Also, studies (Stanford & USC) have shown that there’s a lot more people who have antibodies (were asymtomatic & didn’t know they had it) than anyone realized.  Based on that, a large portion of our population may be immuned.

I know many of you will disagree, and that’s okay.  Maybe I’m just being overly optimistic.   Maybe I’m just tired of gloom & doom.

• Like 5

Some of yall need to redirect your opinions.  It is about the health of not only the kids, but the health of the parents.  Sorry, I only read a couple of posts, didn't want to read the bs that went along with some of it.  Don't speak unless you have been in contact with the virus.  Throw the mike.  

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 3

5 hours ago, orange4life said:

Some of yall need to redirect your opinions.  It is about the health of not only the kids, but the health of the parents.  Sorry, I only read a couple of posts, didn't want to read the bs that went along with some of it.  Don't speak unless you have been in contact with the virus.  Throw the mike.  

They are called opinions for a reason. This is a message board where everyone posts their opinions. The majority of posts are made up of opinions. Just in case you forgot, the definition of opinion is a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. So, you can go back and pick up the mic and hand it to the next person because your opinion was not a mic drop opinion and for sure did not justify a mic throw! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, orange4life said:

This whole shenanigans about locking down the country had nothing to do with “health”.  It had everything to do with saving face since we are one of the world leaders in medical research and treatment.  What has being in quarantine done?  Nothing except shut down the economy and delayed the inevitable.  People will continue to get sick.  People will continue to die.  The percentage rate on that is very very low.  This 25% stuff is horse 💩 too.  Open it back up at the risk of the employer, workers and consumers or don’t do it at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, orange4life said:

That's it. You can't comment anymore

• LOL! 3

9 hours ago, orange4life said:

These so called experts have been wrong at every turn so far!!!! Human history is full of disease, and we have to face this to beat it. Hiding in our houses prolongs the amount of time it will take us to move past it. What started out as 15 days to slow the spread to allow for medical facilities to not be overwhelmed has turned into trying to stop a virus completely which will not be done!! Make no mistake every bit of this is political has very little to do with your health!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

These so called experts have been wrong at every turn so far!!!! Human history is full of disease, and we have to face this to beat it. Hiding in our houses prolongs the amount of time it will take us to move past it. What started out as 15 days to slow the spread to allow for medical facilities to not be overwhelmed has turned into trying to stop a virus completely which will not be done!! Make no mistake every bit of this is political has very little to do with your health!!!

I have some stats in the political forum that I looked up and turned into percentages...  let me go find them so we can see them here...  I will also add in the % of kids too since we are in the HS forum...

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I did my own research from what the CDC has given us:

.4% of the US population has contracted COVID-19.

The death rate of 30-39 age group accounts for .2% of all deaths from COVID-19.

The next age group up (40-49) accounts for .4% of all deaths from COVID-19.

In NYC of the 309 deaths of 30-39 year olds, 240 of them had underlying conditions, 40 more they were unsure about. Only 26 died with no underlying causes.

Ages 15-24 have had a total of 48 COVID-19 deaths.  That is .7% death rate among kids that get infected.  Meaning 7 people out of every 1000.  

And since we are going crazy with stats, I will let you do a little math from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
Take all deaths, subtract covid deaths, subtract pneumonia deaths, that will leave you with influenza deaths. Notice how similar the stats are? And we have vaccines and treatments for influenza. Do we really need to wait for a vaccine to live life again?

This #### is literally insane.  The media is taking #s and spoon feeding it to the masses.  What they aren't doing is telling you the truth.  70% or more of COVID deaths are from the elderly or individuals with underlying conditions.  Instead of locking the world up, LOCK THOSE PEOPLE UP!  We are killing our country, not the virus, US!  Remember the huge transgender push?  That was less than 1% of the population forcig us to let boys compete as girls.  We are letting the government tell us to rot inside our homes and go broke for about 1/2 % of the US population who just tested positive for the virus.  So of that 1/2% of the population, you can see the fraction of a percent up there of the infected.  Meaning we are hiding from the 1/2 percent of the 1/2 percent.  

You liberal scared people, go hide in your hole and live off of scraps.  I want to go back to work.

Amen!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, orange4life said:

Who gave a mic to this guy to begin with?  

I’m hoping for a full football season and as close to normal school year.  I do however think the faster we rush to open things up it have a negative effect in the football season and school year.   

Trump is awesome for our economy, but to listen to him talk medical talk is hard to do.  He is no expert in that at all.   I would rather listen to the people that know.

I also cannot stand to see Governor Abbot’s news conferences because I have to look at Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in the background.   Patrick is beyond an idiot.  No friend to education or schools.

So... IMO... if we open things up to quickly I think you can kiss HS football season goodbye for this fall!!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bignasty said:

It was related to HS Sports to begin with

Yes, but it doesn't take much to turn things into an "Orange Man Bad" vs. "God Emperor Trump" circle ####. 

I don't mind it, I just like to keep it in its proper place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:54 AM, LOL said:

Take the Trump talk to the Political Forum, fellas. That's why it exists. 

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/forum/79-political-arena/

This forum is for the discussion of High School Sports

Well politics has interjected itself into H.S sports unfortunately. The left is attempting to change our way of life because they lost the 2016 election. We can solve that in November and move on. But I do understand what you are saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, LOL said:

Yes, but it doesn't take much to turn things into an "Orange Man Bad" vs. "God Emperor Trump" circle ####. 

I don't mind it, I just like to keep it in its proper place. 

I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT!  :p 

• Roll Eyes 1