No Fall Football

Panther89

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What value did these school districts gain out of making this announcement now to their coaches?  As if there wasn’t already enough to deal with going into August.

What’s sad is that it is within the 45 day penalty free resignation period. The district can hold them for 2020-2021. 
I do wonder if this move would hold its weight if the coaches filed a grievance. The coaches (more than likely) have a dual contract. Salaries cannot be reduced after the 45 day period unless the district files financial exigency. Just not 100% on the stipends...It could get interesting.

10 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I saw a kid this week go through an hour workout on field in 95 degree heat with a mask on.  Not a pansy jog but full speed foot drills, sprints and all.  Never blinked.  I was impressed.  😷💪🏈

Sounds like you may be describing a Carthage Bulldog!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t see the point in keeping your child at home so they are not exposed to a perceived threat then send them off to be around kids that have been exposed to a perceived threat all day. Exposing them at games, inside gyms, on bus rides but not the classroom doesn’t make sense to me. 

I agree ...

I disagree with your prediction. If everyone from Trump on down is going to make sure all schools remain open - and they are, in fact, saying all schools must open for on-campus instruction - there is no reason not to play football. In fact, football is way safer than attending classes because most of the time you're outdoors.

This just in: 

https://politicalwire.com/2020/07/09/fauci-calls-for-some-states-to-shut-down-again/

Fauci can pound sand. I wonder why he thinks anyone listens to a word he says after his "don't wear a mask" fiasco of a few months ago.

• Thanks 1