No Fall Football

Panther89

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Gilmer is starting workouts Monday and kids in town are excited about it.

I know if I were still young I would be so mad this year.  I played organized football from the age of 11-17, baseball from 8-17, and basketball 12-16.  If this would have happened when I was growing up, we would still be in the streets, yards, and driveways playing sports.  Nothing could have kept me quarantined if I was healthy as a kid.  I wonder how this has effected college basketball, track and field, soccer, and baseball recruiting for last years seniors.  I haven't heard a word on any of it.  Regardless, there will be no Little League World Series.  They didn't begin until 1947 so it wasn't held in 1918.  It was held in 1957 with the Asian Flu pandemic and 1968 with the Hong Kong Flu pandemic oddly enough Wakayama. Osaka, Japan won that year so it didn't effect them.     

25 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I know if I were still young I would be so mad this year.  I played organized football from the age of 11-17, baseball from 8-17, and basketball 12-16.  If this would have happened when I was growing up, we would still be in the streets, yards, and driveways playing sports.  Nothing could have kept me quarantined if I was healthy as a kid.  I wonder how this has effected college basketball, track and field, soccer, and baseball recruiting for last years seniors.  I haven't heard a word on any of it.  Regardless, there will be no Little League World Series.  They didn't begin until 1947 so it wasn't held in 1918.  It was held in 1957 with the Asian Flu pandemic and 1968 with the Hong Kong Flu pandemic oddly enough Wakayama. Osaka, Japan won that year so it didn't effect them.     

Kids have been working out together all summer. 

27 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Kids have been working out together all summer. 

It's not the same.  I can remember drawing up many plays not just in the dirt, but before games we used to play.  Coaches already have their playbooks made, and they rely on those religiously.    Without a coach teaching them the plays they want to be run with precision it's simply exercise.   

17 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's not the same.  I can remember drawing up many plays not just in the dirt, but before games we used to play.  Coaches already have their playbooks made, and they rely on those religiously.    Without a coach teaching them the plays they want to be run with precision it's simply exercise.   

If QBs and WRs are working the passing tree together that’s more than just exercise. 

23 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

With some college teams reporting covid cases it will be tough to have a normal season this year.   Hope for this to move on and get back to normal.  

I totally agree with you! Enough is enough with this madness! 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, Eagleborn said:

Numbers are gonna get worse with all the looting. 

Yeah. It's hard to remember this far back, but I'm pretty sure "looting" was at the top of the CDC's list of biggest COVID transmitters.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Lots of excitement in the air today as summer workouts start. Made me think back to where kids had to workout on their own during the summer. Weight rooms only open for a few hours a day without coaches. Just a sign in sheet. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:56 PM, Aledo said:

Yall really dont have anything to prove. Just enjoy the summer and take a team trip to go float the river. What sounds better, floating the river team building or working out, sweating and breaking your body? Come on man, no brainer.

Want to float? Here are the top tubing destinations around Austin ...

Ennis agrees but we want to play ! lol

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

All these protest are going to make numbers skyrocket. That’ll be the narrative anyway. All this will be in vain. I hate it for the kids and the fans. Hell I hate for all people around the world. I’m just not into this season like past seasons. I want to be but I have doubts. Anybody explain how the stock market is climbing but the economy is still reeling from the plandemic with racial tensions placed on top like a cherry on a sundae?

Stop drinking the Koolaide, economy only bad is certain places that want it that way, tensions only bad in certain places where they want it that way, 95% of the people are working, news only shows the 5% that are not working and causing trouble.

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t drink the koolaide from anyone. I don’t watch any network news. Whoever watches that mess, including FOX, is drinking it in liquid form and snorting it in its powder form. You think they pushed the pause button on the world for $hits and giggles? Ok. We will see. I hope my tinfoil is on too tight and you’re right. Sincerely. 

The citizens have to buy in for the most part to shut everything down again.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see everyone getting fooled into thinking the sky is falling...a second time.

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You give people more credit than I do. Didn’t Texas just extend unemployment benefits for an additional 13 weeks?

I hear you and I may be wrong.  I just don't see business owners "voluntarily" shutting down like last time.  I think anyone who is looking for the truth can easily see what is really going on.  I see more businesses staying open unless the govt decides to send in law enforcement to forcibly shut them down.  Which could happen.  I'm just not sure the politicians could survive, politically.  Everyone had the initial blanket of "we didn't know" how bad corona was.  Well now we have had 6 months of testing and the evidence is pretty clear that this disease is somewhere in the ballpark of the seasonal flu.  Maybe a little worse, but nothing like was originally predicted.  

• Like 1