No Fall Football

Panther89

On 6/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Seriously though. I see the mobs looting, but hey, they’re wearing their mask so it’s all good. 

Sure, they are wearing masks...but the looters/thugs are doing it to hide their identity from video, media, & law enforcement.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 2:31 PM, Aledo said:

I'm more worried about y'all than anyone else. Y'all really can take it easy this year lol

lol yeah well We Really Are Looking Forward To Aledo this year. But have to take care of business first. No looking ahead

On 4/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, Panther89 said:

With all this COVID stupidity going on, don't look for their to be any Fall Football in the next school year! I don't foresee and lifting of restrictions on social gatherings anytime soon! 

My opinion football will start on time, but it will get canceled sometime in late October or early November, trump will announce a state of emergency, the country will again be in shutdown mode and he will automatically win the next presidential election because of it.

28 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

My opinion football will start on time, but it will get canceled sometime in late October or early November, trump will announce a state of emergency, the country will again be in shutdown mode and he will automatically win the next presidential election because of it.

He don’t need help to win the next election. 

31 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

That's the last thing he would do.  It would hurt him a lot more than help him.  If he had it do do over again, I don't think he would have shut everything down.  He got bad advice and also listened to the dims who wanted the economy to collapse ... he has already stated he's not going to do it again .... you need to catch up ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's the last thing he would do.  It would hurt him a lot more than help him.  If he had it do do over again, I don't think he would have shut everything down.  He got bad advice and also listened to the dims who wanted the economy to collapse ... he has already stated he's not going to do it again .... you need to catch up ....

The Dims will try to shut down in person voting because they know they don’t have a snowballs chance to win. At least online they can cast thousands of extra votes. Lol

Let’s be real, the China virus is here and it ain’t leaving anytime soon. It’s just something else we will have to learn to live with so the sooner we open back up, the better. 

15 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I wonder if more people will buy season tickets so they are guaranteed to get into games since most likely we will be at 50% capacity 

Will be interesting to see how schools handle tickets. My opinion is the UIL won’t start season unless they feel 100% that season will be finished. Next 30 days or so will be huge. 

3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

If Trump even acts like he is shutting down the economy again, I will not vote for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I wonder if more people will buy season tickets so they are guaranteed to get into games since most likely we will be at 50% capacity 

That might be a solid strategy.  "Only season ticket holders will be allowed in games."  

I've also heard stuff being thrown around like bands, cheer, and drill teams not travelling.  No student exchange pregame.  Homecoming festivities only featuring the winner...  All of those things sound like positives to me :rofl: 

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I need to catch up lol, i'll refrain from what I really wanna say, but we all are so far behind, we may never catch back up.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

If Trump even acts like he is shutting down the economy again, I will not vote for him.

The dimocrats share equally in the responsibility for shutting down the economy, and almost all the responsibility for keeping it shut down way too long ....

16 minutes ago, Aledo said:

I added those to my list. You see the Jeffery Epstein doc on netflix?

I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s on my list for sure. I’ve seen little bits of investigative pieces about him. Would like to see this whole doc.

V for Vendetta is tragically, if not comically prophetic to our current circumstances.

Unacknowledged is a documentary, and I’ll say it’s probably a bit of a stretch for most folks. It’s easily dismissible, because of its subject matter, and because of how grand the subject matter is. Even with the treasure troves of validated documents (most of which are classified) and credible witnesses. The main speaker can be written off as a nutjob, but I’m not sure he should be. I’d be interested to get someone else’s take on this doc, once they’ve seen it.

34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

More and more schools suspending or postponing summer workouts because of cases. Even a ETx team or two. 

if schools are grouping kids the way they are supposed to there shouldn't be any shutting down at this point.  Honestly I don't even know why it matters, since the kids are out acting normal anyway.  They aren't social distancing or taking precautions on their own outside of workouts.  With the precautions that are supposed to be being taken during workouts that almost the last place they would contract anything.  Heard Ezekiel Elliott tested positive and there isn't anything even wrong with him. No symptoms.   Time to live life.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chubbychecker said:

if schools are grouping kids the way they are supposed to there shouldn't be any shutting down at this point.  Honestly I don't even know why it matters, since the kids are out acting normal anyway.  They aren't social distancing or taking precautions on their own outside of workouts.  With the precautions that are supposed to be being taken during workouts that almost the last place they would contract anything.  Heard Ezekiel Elliott tested positive and there isn't anything even wrong with him. No symptoms.   Time to live life.  

I agree. Time to get on with everyday life. 

• Like 1

Just curious, has anyone heard what their school is doing about reserved ticket sales? I would have normally received a bill by now, but understandably haven't since they obviously don't have a clue what's going to happen. Assuming we have a season and they limit stadium capacity, I suppose they could just sell a certain amount of tickets and space everyone 6 feet apart. But, would they be reserved or general admission? Just wondering what the scenarios could be. Personally, I wish they would just open the schools, have the season like normal and keep reminding everyone to wash their hands. Maybe take temperatures at the gate, but that's about it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aledo said:

Dctf ranked y'all #1 in 5AD2. It's all good now, y'all dont over do it and burn out. Take the rest of the month off. 

Well #1 on game one is ok but better after game #15. I know Sam Harrell is not a big fan of being ranked # 1 at the beginning of the season

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

So if they have one positive test they have to shut down for two weeks? This is what makes me nervous for the upcoming school year. If one kid comes up positive at a school does that school have to shutter for two weeks. If a team member test positive will that team be sidelined for two weeks? Will those missed games mean forfeitures? What a can of worms?!?!

It’s happening all across the state. Two or three schools a day.