No Fall Football

Panther89

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

So if they have one positive test they have to shut down for two weeks? This is what makes me nervous for the upcoming school year. If one kid comes up positive at a school does that school have to shutter for two weeks. If a team member test positive will that team be sidelined for two weeks? Will those missed games mean forfeitures? What a can of worms?!?!

You are correct.  That is pretty much the new SOP.  Most schools separate boys & girls and many are creating smaller sub groups within the boy/girl separation.  This allows for better contact tracing and can minimize the number of students affected with a positive.  For example a positive test in a boy sub- group with all D-backs will only shut down that group for two weeks.  The rest are good to go assuming all social distancing guidelines Were followed and sanitation hygiene was used.

I think in SH case all the girls were mixed together and in separate workout areas from the boys.  No cross contamination.  The responsible thing to do is shut all girls down for two weeks to ensure it is isolated and does not spread.

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Yes that’s smart. I’m referring to when classes start. What then? Just a big cluster ####

Honestly I think it’s good that schools are having summer workouts to start dealing with it now vs later.  It is my hope that with these isolated instances our youth begin to build up the “herd immunity” we need and lessons the impact on the Fall.  Like it or not we will still be dealing with this in the fall.  Many kids have either already had it or have it with no symptoms.  It creates a different set of challenges for sure for Admin & coaching staffs.

Just curious how all of this will play out. I think opening up more as a State does cause an uptick in virus cases,  that's normal for people who have hunkered in their house for weeks and their immune system is weaken because of doing that. Maybe more available testing has increased numbers too, but exposure and immunity to this virus can be a good thing in the long run. Texas is a State of almost 29 million people.  Since late February, the State has recorded 91,598 COVID cases total to date 6/16, 2,020  total deaths.  As of today 6/16/20 while I write this,  they report 30,474 current cases and 218 new reported cases.  That is 30,474 people in a population of 28.8 million who have COVID.  Somebody do the math on that percentage.  It's like .001058% of the people in the State.  Personally, I have not quarantined myself much and have hardly worn a mask. Do practice decent social distancing, clean my hands and practice good hygiene, just as you would do for any disease.  This virus is not airborne beyond 6 feet?  Outdoors, even less so.  Most young folks don't get it and if they do, it is a very mild case.  I would rather my team get exposed now, and gain an immunity before the games start in September, then you have no surprises during the season.  More than 85% of the folks getting seriously ill and dying from this virus are over 70 -80 years of age.  People with existing health conditions probably still need to isolate from crowed areas and wear mask for protection.   Just looking at the math of it all, it just doesn't make sense for extreme measures.   Flu season in the fall? Get out and get a flu shot in August or September, most of the time they are free.   Lord, personally have faced and endured much tougher situations in my life than COVID ,  as have so have many other persons out there too.  Sometime fear is what you make it for yourself and maybe where you have been too.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Just curious how all of this will play out. I think opening up more as a State does cause an uptick in virus cases,  that's normal for people who have hunkered in their house for weeks and their immune system is weaken because of doing that. Maybe more available testing has increased numbers too, but exposure and immunity to this virus can be a good thing in the long run. Texas is a State of almost 29 million people.  Since late February, the State has recorded 91,598 COVID cases total to date 6/16, 2,020  total deaths.  As of today 6/16/20 while I write this,  they report 30,474 current cases and 218 new reported cases.  That is 30,474 people in a population of 28.8 million who have COVID.  Somebody do the math on that percentage.  It's like .001058% of the people in the State.  Personally, I have not quarantined myself much and have hardly worn a mask. Do practice decent social distancing, clean my hands and practice good hygiene, just as you would do for any disease.  This virus is not airborne beyond 6 feet?  Outdoors, even less so.  Most young folks don't get it and if they do, it is a very mild case.  I would rather my team get exposed now, and gain an immunity before the games start in September, then you have no surprises during the season.  More than 85% of the folks getting seriously ill and dying from this virus are over 70 -80 years of age.  People with existing health conditions probably still need to isolate from crowed areas and wear mask for protection.   Just looking at the math of it all, it just doesn't make sense for extreme measures.   Flu season in the fall? Get out and get a flu shot in August or September, most of the time they are free.   Lord, personally have faced and endured much tougher situations in my life than COVID ,  as have so have many other persons out there too.  Sometime fear is what you make it for yourself and maybe where you have been too.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

I agree. I don't understand the extreme measures either. If it were ebola, maybe. At least Texas is getting back to normal quicker than some of the other states. I seriously just don't get it. We can't live in a bubble.

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m hoping for limited if it means full season. 

UIL needs to get proactive and start working on a deal to allow live streaming by high schools.  Even if it’s only for the 2020/2021 year they need to give the schools time to plan and respond.

ITS NOT GOING AWAY, EVER. 

How long is it going  to take people to realize that? Surely all of y’all are smart enough to know that. So there is only one solution, OPEN EVERYTHING UP. I mean seriously, are we going to shut the country down every single fall? If we are, someone please let me know now so I can go somewhere cooler and Homestead off the grid. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

How long is it going  to take people to realize that? Surely all of y’all are smart enough to know that. So there is only one solution, OPEN EVERYTHING UP. I mean seriously, are we going to shut the country down every single fall? If we are, someone please let me know now so I can go somewhere cooler and Homestead off the grid. 

Agreed. 

16 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Have you seen Homestead Rescue on Discovery?

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

UIL needs to get proactive and start working on a deal to allow live streaming by high schools.  Even if it’s only for the 2020/2021 year they need to give the schools time to plan and respond.

They are working on that. 

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

One of them texted positive. I’d assume they workout separate from boys. 

I love that your autocorrect went to "texted"...  Lord knows what would be going around my school if we could see what our players are texting lol

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I said this from the beginning... Then Trump and Abbott decided to go back to their liberal roots and say "GO HIDE NOW!  CORONAZILLA IS COMING!"

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I said this from the beginning... Then Trump and Abbott decided to go back to their liberal roots and say "GO HIDE NOW!  CORONAZILLA IS COMING!"

They are simply listening to "experts" who have a deep state communist agenda......hopefully they will wake up .....

Here is the issue every coach is dealing with right now.  The UIL has set a mandate on how these summer workouts should go, for so called "safety sake".  However, in every coaches mind is the fact, that even if we separate them and ask them to toe the line with all the rules.  How do you handle it when 5th period comes around and they are all in a bunch, hitting, blocking and tackling each other?   

What they are asking them to do is sort of a defeatist attitude.  The UIL says, we tried, but it didn't work.   Today, kids are at a school doing volunteer workouts, separated in small groups, six feet apart, with sanitizer stations all around.  Then when practice is over, six of them pile in a car together and go pick up some girls and go to the swimming pool.  Not six feet apart in the car or swimming.  You see what the UIL is having to do is political mumbo jumbo,  the UIL has to try to see if it is possible to have a season, but it doesn't control any of the situations away from the player workouts.  Kids are hanging out together and doing what kids do, outside of these work outs.  Your going to have to deal with this thing like it's the flu or it's not going to work come football season.  How much is it going to change in the next 74 days?