No Fall Football

Panther89

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

ITS NOT GOING AWAY, EVER. 

How long is it going  to take people to realize that? Surely all of y’all are smart enough to know that. So there is only one solution, OPEN EVERYTHING UP. I mean seriously, are we going to shut the country down every single fall? If we are, someone please let me know now so I can go somewhere cooler and Homestead off the grid. 

You're right. It's here to stay. I was at an RV park in Galveston last month floating on the lazy river where I talked to a guy who was down there from Dallas with his family. He said they just had to get out of the city for awhile because everything was just crazy with covid-19 fear. He brought up the point that we'd probably all end up catching it anyways so might as well just live life normal. It got me to thinking, he's probably right.  We might as well just learn to live with it like we do the flu, colds and everything else. Nothing wrong with being a little cautious, wash frequently etc, etc but we can't shut the country down every time someone sneezes. Just my 2 cents, and I'm in the age group that should be worried the most.

Shutting down every time 1 or 2 are confirmed as positive for the virus does not help the situation at all.  How  can you play a full contact season of football  or any sport in that manner?  There will not be a season doing things in this way.    The UIL need to move forward and decide one way or another and stop giving hope to players and coaches that there can be a season under these type stringent rules.   You can't run from this virus, so either,  open up and have school and play sports the best way you can, protect them the best way you can, play with the healthy kids you have available or go back into fear and hiding again. Which I never did the first time.  You can't just continue to shut down every time someone gets this in a group because you will end up never doing anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uniballer said:

This is extremely untrue.

They cancelled the 7 on 7 tournament and a summer sand volleyball tournament.  But that is all.

Yea. Double checked it after I considered the source. Never went back to change. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

UIL deputy director said they are considering lifting ban on video streaming games. 

And I was told they are having conversations on how to institute a way for the schools to recoup losses from ticket sales, by giving them all or most of the proceeds from streaming services. (i.e. fans pay for a school's code to watch those teams play. school gets the money as it would ticket sales)

The U.I.L. meeting this morning was very positive and they are moving forward day by day and wanting to have the HS football season start on time.  Can only hope for the best moving forward.   We are only a few weeks away from the proposed start of full  football work outs and school beginning again.   Keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Streams allowed if both schools allow. 

Interesting how much schools will charge for folks to see broadcast and also what cut the visiting team would want for agreeing game could be broadcast. 

18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Interesting how much schools will charge for folks to see broadcast and also what cut the visiting team would want for agreeing game could be broadcast. 

UIL head guy  Charles Breithaupt said he didn't care how the schools handled it.  It was not something the UIL wanted to get into this year.  This will be a one year only deal too.  So, it will be an agreement between two schools, each game .

18 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

In other words if it goes south that’s a you problem. 

It's a one year deal.  The UIL has other issues trying to deal with how a season is going to happen. How that comes together.  Waiting on what the State Gov mandates?

Live media is the least of their troubles.  A school can do it free or have a paid choice, guess it's up to them in this one year grace period. Some schools won't or can't do it at all.  Some schools are so small fans spread out in the stands are not a issue. Some 6A teams don't have 500 people showing up at the stadium in a normal year.