No Fall Football

Panther89

Imo, if they open schools, they’ll have football.  Any kids with physical conditions (diabetes, hbp, cancer treatment) should be schooled online.   Almost all young kids that get Covid are asymtomatic.   Another question, did kids getting instructions at home last spring get as much education as they would’ve in school?   Maybe some teachers could weigh in on this.   If not, do we want to continue to send kids forward in their future without an adequate education?

Understand, I’m not saying “full speed ahead”, merely asking pertinent questions, with a smattering of facts.   The decision will be made by those with all the latest information available.

One last opinion - If we have football, packed stands will be more dangerous than anything the players may encounter.  Small schools might limit attendance to families only.  Bigger schools to families and a lucky few who can get reserve tickets with separation in the stands.   Not the best of situations, but better than no football at all.  Jmo

8 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Will there be a shortage of face shields this fall?  If you want one better get one.  Might be like the great toilet paper shortage of March & April.

Dude they buying up all the toilet paper again around here lol. These ppl stupid. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Dude they buying up all the toilet paper again around here lol. These ppl stupid. 

You’re right.   You’d think the Apocalypse was coming at the Silsbee Walmart.

• LOL! 2

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You’re right.   You’d think the Apocalypse was coming at the Silsbee Walmart.

Wait until something else get in the gulf how this area acts in grocery stores especially if this virus stuff still going on. December can't get here quick enough. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Imo, if they open schools, they’ll have football.  Any kids with physical conditions (diabetes, hbp, cancer treatment) should be schooled online.   Almost all young kids that get Covid are asymtomatic.   Another question, did kids getting instructions at home last spring get as much education as they would’ve in school?   Maybe some teachers could weigh in on this.   If not, do we want to continue to send kids forward in their future without an adequate education?

Understand, I’m not saying “full speed ahead”, merely asking pertinent questions, with a smattering of facts.   The decision will be made by those with all the latest information available.

One last opinion - If we have football, packed stands will be more dangerous than anything the players may encounter.  Small schools might limit attendance to families only.  Bigger schools to families and a lucky few who can get reserve tickets with separation in the stands.   Not the best of situations, but better than no football at all.  Jmo

I do not think students got the education they would have if they were in the classroom. I do believe schools did a great job with what we had to work with. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

According to these articles, "The American Academy of Pediatrics' guidance "strongly advocates that all policy considerations for the coming school year should start with a goal of having students physically present in school."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/us/aap-kids-physically-in-school-wellness-trnd/index.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/29/884638999/u-s-pediatricians-call-for-in-person-school-this-fall

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

According to the local news (take them for what they are worth which is pretty much what I flush down toilets) there’s a new swine flu strain in China. 

It wont be no different than the last one IMO. Get a flu shot and drink hot lemon Whiskey if you feel sick, you'll live. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

So what exactly can they DO if every school defies the "order"?? We outnumber government officials 1000 to 1......resist and defy the tyrants....

Lol. I could care less either way. My golf courses will stay open and gas prices continue to rise so I’ll be good. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Still seems to be a lot of angles worked.  I don’t Think they will cancel but I don’t think any of the season will look anything like normal.  Better play in the fall or it will most likely won’t happen