The Smoakhouse Forums

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I said this from the beginning... Then Trump and Abbott decided to go back to their liberal roots and say "GO HIDE NOW!  CORONAZILLA IS COMING!"

They are simply listening to "experts" who have a deep state communist agenda......hopefully they will wake up .....

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did my own research from what the CDC has given us:.4% of the US population has contracted COVID-19.The death rate of 30-39 age group accounts for .2% of all deaths from COVID-19.The next age group

This whole shenanigans about locking down the country had nothing to do with “health”.  It had everything to do with saving face since we are one of the world leaders in medical research and treatment

I don't think over 40,000 deaths in less than 2 months could be labeled as "stupidity"  but that's another conversation.  Almost every country in the world has had some form of lockdown....so we aren'

Posted Images

Here is the issue every coach is dealing with right now.  The UIL has set a mandate on how these summer workouts should go, for so called "safety sake".  However, in every coaches mind is the fact, that even if we separate them and ask them to toe the line with all the rules.  How do you handle it when 5th period comes around and they are all in a bunch, hitting, blocking and tackling each other?   

What they are asking them to do is sort of a defeatist attitude.  The UIL says, we tried, but it didn't work.   Today, kids are at a school doing volunteer workouts, separated in small groups, six feet apart, with sanitizer stations all around.  Then when practice is over, six of them pile in a car together and go pick up some girls and go to the swimming pool.  Not six feet apart in the car or swimming.  You see what the UIL is having to do is political mumbo jumbo,  the UIL has to try to see if it is possible to have a season, but it doesn't control any of the situations away from the player workouts.  Kids are hanging out together and doing what kids do, outside of these work outs.  Your going to have to deal with this thing like it's the flu or it's not going to work come football season.  How much is it going to change in the next 74 days?

According to our fine governor........ he expects students to be in classrooms and is also hopeful there will be athletics. 

26 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Be FREE men....just ignore them and do what you want to....sue them if they don't like it.....

If that doesn’t sound like a lefty nothing does. 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

No....leftys obey the government mandates....you need to wake up....

6 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

No....leftys obey the government mandates....you need to wake up....

I stay woke. That’s how I know it’s the lefties that put us in the country we live in now. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

ITS NOT GOING AWAY, EVER. 

How long is it going  to take people to realize that? Surely all of y’all are smart enough to know that. So there is only one solution, OPEN EVERYTHING UP. I mean seriously, are we going to shut the country down every single fall? If we are, someone please let me know now so I can go somewhere cooler and Homestead off the grid. 

You're right. It's here to stay. I was at an RV park in Galveston last month floating on the lazy river where I talked to a guy who was down there from Dallas with his family. He said they just had to get out of the city for awhile because everything was just crazy with covid-19 fear. He brought up the point that we'd probably all end up catching it anyways so might as well just live life normal. It got me to thinking, he's probably right.  We might as well just learn to live with it like we do the flu, colds and everything else. Nothing wrong with being a little cautious, wash frequently etc, etc but we can't shut the country down every time someone sneezes. Just my 2 cents, and I'm in the age group that should be worried the most.

Shutting down every time 1 or 2 are confirmed as positive for the virus does not help the situation at all.  How  can you play a full contact season of football  or any sport in that manner?  There will not be a season doing things in this way.    The UIL need to move forward and decide one way or another and stop giving hope to players and coaches that there can be a season under these type stringent rules.   You can't run from this virus, so either,  open up and have school and play sports the best way you can, protect them the best way you can, play with the healthy kids you have available or go back into fear and hiding again. Which I never did the first time.  You can't just continue to shut down every time someone gets this in a group because you will end up never doing anything.

• Like 2
On 6/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, Eagleborn said:

TAPPS has cancelled all summer workouts. 

This is extremely untrue.

They cancelled the 7 on 7 tournament and a summer sand volleyball tournament.  But that is all.

1 hour ago, uniballer said:

This is extremely untrue.

They cancelled the 7 on 7 tournament and a summer sand volleyball tournament.  But that is all.

Yea. Double checked it after I considered the source. Never went back to change. 

12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

That would be more contemporary libertarianism, actually. 

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

40% chance and that’s being optimistic. 

Sorry, back on topic. If there’s no football this season, we might as well completely get rid of it. This virus will be a yearly thing. 

• Like 1

UIL deputy director said they are considering lifting ban on video streaming games. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

UIL deputy director said they are considering lifting ban on video streaming games. 

And I was told they are having conversations on how to institute a way for the schools to recoup losses from ticket sales, by giving them all or most of the proceeds from streaming services. (i.e. fans pay for a school's code to watch those teams play. school gets the money as it would ticket sales)

Gonna start putting folks in time out. 

Stay on topic. Keep political remarks in political threads. Etc. 

• Thanks 1

The U.I.L. meeting this morning was very positive and they are moving forward day by day and wanting to have the HS football season start on time.  Can only hope for the best moving forward.   We are only a few weeks away from the proposed start of full  football work outs and school beginning again.   Keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 1