No Fall Football

Panther89

Multiple outlets reporting that the UIL will open up in person strength and conditioning for high schools that include marching band on June 8th. They are anticipating falls sports practices early to mid July!

• Like 2

June 8th will have stipulations.  It wont have all the kids in the weight room.  It will be some type of outside workout and only so many can be close to each other.....sounds like fun but better than nothing. Then you have the teams that are actually working out at the moment.

15 hours ago, betweentheposts said:

June 8th will have stipulations.  It wont have all the kids in the weight room.  It will be some type of outside workout and only so many can be close to each other.....sounds like fun but better than nothing. Then you have the teams that are actually working out at the moment.

It wasn't as stringent as I thought it would be.

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I can see the “optional” part going over well.....

Sr leadership should handle that part without coaches involvement.  You would think after being on lockdown for 2.5 months kids would be begging to go workout just to get out of the house.

39 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s what they say. 

We had one on jv last year because he didn’t go to a single summer workout. There are still ways to punish kids for not participating.

edit: There may be more to the story, but thats what I was told. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:54 PM, bignasty said:

Love my BIg School that gives me 3-5% raise every year..... not a typo.... we get 3-5% raise every year and Earn every dollar of it.

Ya'll just have 1 yr contracts ?

On 5/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, bignasty said:

Yep.... we have 1 year contracts.  Been here 15 years now.   They take care of teachers

I thought every school did 1 year renewable contracts for everyone... including admin...