The Smoakhouse Forums
Panther89

No Fall Football

11 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Did y’all hire Briles?

No. Neither time he applied. 

So did yall get a new OC from Mississippi that just so happens to have a son that plays QB?

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

So did yall get a new OC from Mississippi that just so happens to have a son that plays QB?

👀

Life is love, love is life.  I am not tryin to take away sports,  I am trying to understand this crazy #### thats goin on, believe me, I want it all.  When I say it all, it aint nascar and golf.  Drop the mike again!

Multiple outlets reporting that the UIL will open up in person strength and conditioning for high schools that include marching band on June 8th. They are anticipating falls sports practices early to mid July!

• Like 2

June 8th will have stipulations.  It wont have all the kids in the weight room.  It will be some type of outside workout and only so many can be close to each other.....sounds like fun but better than nothing. Then you have the teams that are actually working out at the moment.

15 hours ago, betweentheposts said:

June 8th will have stipulations.  It wont have all the kids in the weight room.  It will be some type of outside workout and only so many can be close to each other.....sounds like fun but better than nothing. Then you have the teams that are actually working out at the moment.

It wasn't as stringent as I thought it would be.

I can see the “optional” part going over well.....

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Sr leadership should handle that part without coaches involvement.  You would think after being on lockdown for 2.5 months kids would be begging to go workout just to get out of the house.

I must say I’m enjoying reading stuff about big school coaches “complaining” about having limited time in the fall. Earn yo pay. 

14 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

You mean attendance? I believe coaches have never been able to require attendance in the summer. Just "highly encourage "

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

You mean attendance? I believe coaches have never been able to require attendance in the summer. Just "highly encourage "

That’s what they say. 

39 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s what they say. 

We had one on jv last year because he didn’t go to a single summer workout. There are still ways to punish kids for not participating.

edit: There may be more to the story, but thats what I was told. 

18 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I must say I’m enjoying reading stuff about big school coaches “complaining” about having limited time in the fall. Earn yo pay. 

Big school coaches do Earn their pay

• Haha 1

Love my BIg School that gives me 3-5% raise every year..... not a typo.... we get 3-5% raise every year and Earn every dollar of it.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:54 PM, bignasty said:

Love my BIg School that gives me 3-5% raise every year..... not a typo.... we get 3-5% raise every year and Earn every dollar of it.

Ya'll just have 1 yr contracts ?

Yep.... we have 1 year contracts.  Been here 15 years now.   They take care of teachers

On 5/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, Bclove05 said:

We had one on jv last year because he didn’t go to a single summer workout. There are still ways to punish kids for not participating.

edit: There may be more to the story, but thats what I was told. 

I never understood this mentality. Not training during the off season is kinda ridiculous. Maybe if you have all world talent but most of us need the practice and teaching.Work ethic is important and shows dedication.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:40 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

Sr leadership should handle that part without coaches involvement.  You would think after being on lockdown for 2.5 months kids would be begging to go workout just to get out of the house.

Agree some take that responsibility for granted. I bet Carthage doesn’t have that problem. 

2 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Agree some take that responsibility for granted. I bet Carthage doesn’t have that problem. 

No issues.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, bignasty said:

Yep.... we have 1 year contracts.  Been here 15 years now.   They take care of teachers

I thought every school did 1 year renewable contracts for everyone... including admin...

Seeing teams opting not to start workouts next week. 

17 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Seeing teams opting not to start workouts next week. 

i understand being cautious. Time will tell if their decision was good or bad.