The Smoakhouse Forums

10 minutes ago, ericflair said:

So is the guy that was the head coach in 2018 taking back over? 

The one that had the son and adopted son on team?

No I think that was Horn. There is a guy in between Horn and Tamplin. I believe he stayed on as the basketball coach this year and might have been the AD as well 

1 hour ago, ericflair said:

No I think that was Horn. There is a guy in between Horn and Tamplin. I believe he stayed on as the basketball coach this year and might have been the AD as well 

Jenkins ......

He’s taking another admin job and will continue to coach hoops. 

I hate this for their seniors. Provided we do get a to play this year, those kids will have had a different coach all four years of high school. All good coaches, don’t get me wrong, but dang. 

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I hate this for their seniors. Provided we do get a to play this year, those kids will have had a different coach all four years of high school. All good coaches, don’t get me wrong, but dang. 

That is terrible . Fortunately   the Tigers are an established program and dropping a class again.

Any word on this job? Such a high profile position in East TX. Names floating around such as Switzer and Stoops and Austin make it interesting for anybody putting in an application. 

Any update on this job search?

On 5/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, GoodOldJR said:

Any update on this job search?

Jeremy Jenkins 

I figured he would get the job, people around there really liked seem to like him.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:44 PM, Destry said:

3 to 1 odds that it was not Tamps idea

Agree would be a very best an awkward situation. Carlisle did that with Baker but he has established himself and was given his son a great opportunity. A fairly young man at his first gig probably got a raw deal. That is a guess . I don’t have knowledge of the Tiger program. 

So if I read that article correctly, the new HC is replacing his brother as AD and his brother is staying on staff as Head BB coach, the HFC from 2019 was replaced, but is staying on as a asst coach.

Should be interesting

17 minutes ago, Cowboyz4life said:

So if I read that article correctly, the new HC is replacing his brother as AD and his brother is staying on staff as Head BB coach, the HFC from 2019 was replaced, but is staying on as a asst coach.

Should be interesting

Should run smooth as silk right?

• Like 1

At least they are back down in the pee wee leagues again ... heck they might win state again ....