Gladewater

dillonpanthers

Great pick on Clower. Will be a great AD. The kids love him. He have made a different in my son life the two years we been at Gladewater . Lewis is a great coach I saw first hand how the kids respond to him.  I respect how he show the kids that he care not only in basketball but all sports.  He also will help them in the class room. I hope he get the job full time. I am looking forward for the future in Gladewater. 

28 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

Great pick on Clower. Will be a great AD. The kids love him. He have made a different in my son life the two years we been at Gladewater . Lewis is a great coach I saw first hand how the kids respond to him.  I respect how he show the kids that he care not only in basketball but all sports.  He also will help them in the class room. I hope he get the job full time. I am looking forward for the future in Gladewater. 

Great pick for AD!!!

I also believe the interim tags will be removed. Both Coach Clower and Coach Lewis are outstanding!!!

10 minutes ago, FootballETX95 said:

Lewis is a basketball coach. He played D1 basketball after leaving KC. Lewis may be a good guy, but he's no HC material. GW if smart, need to go get Johnny.

Coach Lewis is definitely HC material. All HC at one time had no experience. He will do a great job for the Bears and already has relationships with the players. I hate Coach Berry is leaving but I am totally confident with going forward with Coach Lewis and Coach Clower. 

I've known the Louvier family all my life and Johnny is outstanding. I'm sure he is perfectly happy at Spring Hill. He has and will have great success there.

21 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Coach Lewis is definitely HC material. All HC at one time had no experience. He will do a great job for the Bears and already has relationships with the players. I hate Coach Berry is leaving but I am totally confident with going forward with Coach Lewis and Coach Clower. 

I've known the Louvier family all my life and Johnny is outstanding. I'm sure he is perfectly happy at Spring Hill. He has and will have great success there.

Yeah, but Gladewater doesn’t have to settle for that. There are places to get your feet wet.

There would dozens of qualified applicants if they open it up.

reat pick on Clower. Will be a great AD. The kids love him. He have made a different in my son life the two years we been at Gladewater . Lewis is a great coach I saw first hand how the kids respond to him.  I respect how he show the kids that he care not only in basketball but all sports.  He also will help them in the class room. I hope he get the job full time. I am looking forward for the future in Gladewater. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah, but Gladewater doesn’t have to settle for that. There are places to get your feet wet.

With this group we have coming back we need coaches that already know the system and have relationships already with the players. I'm sure there are many qualified applicants out there but with all that is going on in the world and questions about when or if there will be football this season, the players need familiarity, especially with their coaches. The boys know Coach Lewis and what he expects from them, but more than that Coach Lewis knows the boys. Their strengths, weaknesses and talents. He will do a great job.

19 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Gladewater water will do great with Lewis. With the kids we have  coming back. We will be ok.  The only thing Gladewater is missing is Discipline. I no Lewis will take care of that.  

Just now, Bears36 said:

Gladewater water will do great with Lewis. With the kids we have  coming back. We will be ok.  The only thing Gladewater is missing is Discipline. I no Lewis will take care of that.  

Gladewater could win games in 3A with a trash can as the HC. 

But they get the most out of their guys? Hard to know with an unproven guy.

I promise you he is proven.  I have a son on the team and love Lewis. You will really be surprise   Lewis no the game of football. How do you think our sophomore receiver  last year that was the quarterback at the beginning of the year learn how to play receiver    

4 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

I promise you he is proven.  I have a son on the team and love Lewis. You will really be surprise   Lewis no the game of football. How do you think our sophomore receiver  last year that was the quarterback at the beginning of the year learn how to play receiver    

I agree. Y’all will be ok because someone taught the most gifted athlete y’all have ever had to run three routes. 

If he can handle Vegas odds are he’ll be able to handle GW..

• LOL! 1

Just now, Eagleborn said:

I agree. Y’all will be ok because someone taught the most gifted athlete y’all have ever had to run three routes. 

You will see next year. You no nothing about Gladewater or the coaches there.  Kinda like I no nothing about the eagles or there coaches. I work with the coaches at Gladewater and saw first hand how the kids respected Lewis and work hard for him. Haters going to hate.  Gladewater will be ok I promise. 

Just now, Bears36 said:

You will see next year. You no nothing about Gladewater or the coaches there.  Kinda like I no nothing about the eagles or there coaches. I work with the coaches at Gladewater and saw first hand how the kids respected Lewis and work hard for him. Haters going to hate.  Gladewater will be ok I promise. 

I know the difference between know and no. But that’s neither hear or here nor their or there. 

You’d be surprised what I know about GW. 

18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Interesting that a 3A is splitting the HFC from AD... 

It’s premature to know if that will be permanent. No one knows what the school board has in mind.  I will say that I do believe in Coach Clower as an AD. He has been coaching these kids for I believe 12-13 years and in my opinion has made as big of a difference in not only football success but the kids lives as any coach on staff. As far as Coach Lewis I believe in him as a leader but I don’t know him from an Xs and Os standpoint. He will have something to prove just like any other first time head coach does. I will say that from everything I’ve seen heard or read he is driven and would do whatever is necessary to help the kids excel. Sometimes that means as much or more than having Art Briles on the sidelines. Once again though everyone is assuming they won’t open the job up and that these are more than just temporary positions. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Bears36 said:

being a great athlete has a lot to do with DJ being a good WR too doesnt it? A lot easier to coach an A plus athlete than turn the tuba player in to a great WR

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

It’s premature to know if that will be permanent. No one knows what the school board has in mind.  I will say that I do believe in Coach Clower as an AD. He has been coaching these kids for I believe 12-13 years and in my opinion has made as big of a difference in not only football success but the kids lives as any coach on staff. As far as Coach Lewis I believe in him as a leader but I don’t know him from an Xs and Os standpoint. He will have something to prove just like any other first time head coach does. I will say that from everything I’ve seen heard or read he is driven and would do whatever is necessary to help the kids excel. Sometimes that means as much or more than having Art Briles on the sidelines. Once again though everyone is assuming they won’t open the job up and that these are more than just temporary positions. Time will tell. 

Currently there are no plans to combine the two roles. If they open it up then it will be combined. 

Not everyone is assuming they won’t open it up. GW fans maybe but not everyone on the current coaching staff.

Opening it up will be the best thing for y’all IMO  

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Currently there are no plans to combine the two roles. If they open it up then it will be combined. 

Not everyone is assuming they won’t open it up. GW fans maybe but not everyone on the current coaching staff.

Opening it up will be the best thing for y’all IMO  

I won’t be disappointed either way. I can think of a lot worse folks to give a shot to than Clower and Lewis.