Gladewater

dillonpanthers

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

So is that confirmed or just implied given what happened in Spring Hill?  I have not seen and official presser yet.

Wouldn’t be the first time they tried to beat everybody to release a story only to find out they were wrong. Lol

7 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That will be some kind of a story if they are wrong.  👀

One of those guys reported a breaking story that Tatum had hired John Frazier from West Rusk a few years ago before the board had time to approve or disapprove him. He was not approved but I thought it was funny how ole boy tried to beat everyone to the punch. 

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

They have already had it on there that Lewis is the guy. If this one is wrong it will be twice now

Lewis was the guy, no?

I’m sure those in the know will chime in shortly. 

On 5/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

One of those guys reported a breaking story that Tatum had hired John Frazier from West Rusk a few years ago before the board had time to approve or disapprove him. He was not approved but I thought it was funny how ole boy tried to beat everyone to the punch. 

To be fair, the Supt at Tatum then called the Longview paper and fed them the story.  The Supt had no idea that his own board would balk on the Frazier hire. Frazier was outside the meeting ready to be announced as the New HC. That deal was all the Supt's fault, you better know where your board is if you bring a guy to the board meeting to be hired.   I would say 99.9999999% of newspaper guys would go with what the their source told them if the source was the Supt who is in charge of hiring the person.  That all went down the end of Jan 2016, in Sept 2016 Hartt, the Supt announced he was retiring.  He came up with something about he had already planned on retiring, but knowing the board basically said we dont trust you to do the job you were hired to do, he knew the writing was on the wall to leave.

As usual, these small town school boards were wrong.  They should have hired Frazier. He retired now, but had he been hired at Tatum, I would bet he would still be coaching and I would bet anything he would have been very successful.  Since the all mighty and wise board didn't hired him, Tatum has gone 19-23 in those 4 years with 3 head coaches.

1 hour ago, Cowboyz4life said:

To be fair, the Supt at Tatum then called the Longview paper and fed them the story.  The Supt had no idea that his own board would balk on the Frazier hire. Frazier was outside the meeting ready to be announced as the New HC. That deal was all the Supt's fault, you better know where your board is if you bring a guy to the board meeting to be hired.   I would say 99.9999999% of newspaper guys would go with what the their source told them if the source was the Supt who is in charge of hiring the person.  That all went down the end of Jan 2016, in Sept 2016 Hartt, the Supt announced he was retiring.  He came up with something about he had already planned on retiring, but knowing the board basically said we dont trust you to do the job you were hired to do, he knew the writing was on the wall to leave.

As usual, these small town school boards were wrong.  They should have hired Frazier. He retired now, but had he been hired at Tatum, I would bet he would still be coaching and I would bet anything he would have been very successful.  Since the all mighty and wise board didn't hired him, Tatum has gone 19-23 in those 4 years with 3 head coaches.

The Supt was told Frazier wouldn’t be voted in. Supt and Frazier retired so we would be in the same boat we was in the last couple of years.