The Official SDC 2020 NFL Draft Thread

I am ecstatic with the pick! Yes, there were a couple bigger needs on defense. But you can't pick solely on need in the first rd when a Top 5 talent like Lamb falls to you at 17!

I just can't believe JJ actually did it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I am ecstatic with the pick! Yes, there were a couple bigger needs on defense. But you can't pick solely on need in the first rd when a Top 5 talent like Lamb falls to you at 17!

I just can't believe JJ actually did it.

Garrett is still here we wind up with Chaisson. Lamb is a home run. Dallas still has plenty of picks to shore up the defense. There’s some better values at CB, Edge and Safety out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Garrett is still here we wind up with Chaisson. Lamb is a home run. Dallas still has plenty of picks to shore up the defense. There’s some better values at CB, Edge and Safety out there.

Agreed. Garrett drafted on need. You see where that got us. McCarthy believes in drafting the best player available. He's been to 4 conference championships and won a SB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Agreed. I think Lamb was one of the Top 5 players in the draft.

If Jefferson slides to r2, someone is getting a steal there too.  He is strictly a slot WR IMO but he is going to be fast and dangerous there

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If Jefferson slides to r2, someone is getting a steal there too.  He is strictly a slot WR IMO but he is going to be fast and dangerous there

Jefferson was taken at 22 by Minnesota 

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Vikings drafted him.

7 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Agreed. Garrett drafted on need. You see where that got us. McCarthy believes in drafting the best player available. He's been to 4 conference championships and won a SB.

Things ain’t gonna be the same under McCarthy. Hearing him talk about drafting the best player and fitting the scheme to the player was music to my ears. I’ll never forget taking Taco over TJ Watt because Taco was the prototype and TJ had never played with his hand down. Look how that turned out. 

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Things ain’t gonna be the same under McCarthy. Hearing him talk about drafting the best player and fitting the scheme to the player was music to my ears. I’ll never forget taking Taco over TJ Watt because Taco was the prototype and TJ had never played with his hand down. Look how that turned out. 

That one still peeves me off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

That one still peeves me off.

And the Trysten Hill pick last year. Dallas let the coaches pick instead of trusting their scouts. Ain’t had that issue so far.